The Dark Mod Forums

Chronicles of Skulduggery: Pearls and Swine

Bienie

On 8/3/2020 at 4:12 AM, grodenglaive said:

I just finished this mission with cabalistic's vr mod. Really nicely made map, richly detailed and I was surprised to see so much out in the streets outside of the main mission. I played through on Master and just needed a hint for the lion. Looking forward to part 2.

Glad you enjoyed! Matter of fact I recently also replayed it with the VR mod!

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Fieldmedic said:

Played this the other day (after my hiatus of several years of playing missions). Really impressive stuff! I especially liked the outdoor areas with the good use of vertical space.

Också trevligt med en till svensk som bygger banor :)

/Fieldmedic

Glad you enjoyed the mission! The vertical space thing was definitely something I tried to work in as much of as possible.

Där ser man! Vi är ett par stycken verkar det som.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

• 2 months later...
On 12/24/2020 at 5:50 PM, Clumsy Oaf said:

Just finished this today after spending many hours exploring everything. A very impressive mission with loads of little details to appreciate. Going to move on to number 2 in the series now.

Many thanks for all your hard work @Bienie

Glad you enjoyed! This series is definitely best when you take your time and explore everything. I think you'll have your work cut out for you, since the sequels are even more expansive :)

• Like 2

My Fan Missions:

• 2 months later...

There is now an update available in the in-game downloader that brings the mission up to par with the sequels. There is now a second exit from the sewer system at the start, since the toilet entrance seems to have been problematic for some people. Aside from that there are a few patrol fixes and quality of life improvements. Objectives, loot and geometry are untouched.

Edited by Bienie
  • Like 2

My Fan Missions:

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Elicere said:

Had to make a profile to be able to say thanks. This series is the best I've played with TDM.  Thank you.

Thank you so much for going out of your way to say thank you, it means a lot to us mappers to know our work is appreciated!

My Fan Missions:

• 7 months later...

Well this was great! Hard to believe it was your first mission, everything seemed really solid including all the staples like rooftops, vertical shortcuts, hidden compartments, readables etc. And it wasn't a small mission either! The similarities to CoS 0 were quite apparent too, looking forward to continuing with CoS 2 :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, vozka said:

Well this was great! Hard to believe it was your first mission, everything seemed really solid including all the staples like rooftops, vertical shortcuts, hidden compartments, readables etc. And it wasn't a small mission either! The similarities to CoS 0 were quite apparent too, looking forward to continuing with CoS 2 :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the mission, and that you found it highly polished! I feel like the quality is pretty similar throughout the CoS missions, the difference was that CoS 1 being my first mission took over 400 hours to build whereas CoS 0 only took just over 100 hours ;)

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

• 2 months later...

I found found something that may be a typographical error but could as easily be an error by the steward or the result of time passing and a home being rearranged. 

Spoiler

In Percival's diary, he refers to the portrait of Duncan "in the foyer" whereas the portrait is actually in the parlour

and there is no portrait in the foyer. As I suggested, it doesn't need to be fixed but it seemed worth mentioning as anything that even might be an error in this masterful mission--sorry to add on but this series is impressive, @Bienie--is worthy fixing/

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 5:28 AM, gluon1 said:

I found found something that may be a typographical error but could as easily be an error by the steward or the result of time passing and a home being rearranged. 

Hide contents

In Percival's diary, he refers to the portrait of Duncan "in the foyer" whereas the portrait is actually in the parlour

and there is no portrait in the foyer. As I suggested, it doesn't need to be fixed but it seemed worth mentioning as anything that even might be an error in this masterful mission--sorry to add on but this series is impressive, @Bienie--is worthy fixing/

Thank you for the praise on the side :D and thanks for bringing this to my attention. I think it came about as I wrote the readable before I was completely done with the in-game map and naming of different rooms. I've made a note of this for an eventual update!

My Fan Missions:

• 5 months later...
On 8/2/2022 at 3:59 PM, CountMorillonite said:

I can't find the Bag Of Mandrasola

Maybe I should have posed this as a question......

I'm having trouble with the optional objective of retrieving a Bag Of Mandasola from Peter. I know where his room is, but I can't find the Bag. Can someone help me ?

Sorry for the late reply. I thought this question was answered in the FAQ but now I see it's not.

Peter and Paul are partners in crime, if that's not a hint enough then;

Spoiler

The bag is in Paul's stand on the market (south west corner), there's a readable there to hint it. It's underneath that readable wedged between a box and something else.

My Fan Missions:

Thanks for the reply (I don't know where the FAQ is).

For someone who is doing this mission a second time, I shouldn't be stuck like this. The second problem I'm having is regards the swapping of diaries. I've got the right diaries and the right people, but switching the diaries doesn't tick off the objective. 

It was Annabelle's & Williams diaries, right?

Never mind...I found your Q&A and I corrected my mistake in the diary switch.

Cheers, and thanks for the great missions.

Edited by CountMorillonite
Solution Found
  • Like 1