The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Missions stop loading and go back to menu [solved]

Anderson

First try:

seta r_skipCopyTexture "1"

in an autoexec.cfg

that should eliminate the need for glCopyImageSubData.

also I notice that FenceSync is failing:

WARNING:glClientWaitSync did not complete successfully (result code 37147).

that shouldn't be happening if com_smp is set to 0?

Next try ignoring OpenGL errors:

seta r_ignoreGLErrors "1"

If all that fails, lets just force the frames to "Finish"

seta r_finish "1"

I think cannotlaunch.txt has changes.

cannotlaunch.txt

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Looking at the cannotlaunch. txt file, at the very top 7400m is listed, someome will correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like you have a Radeon 7400m in the altop along with the Intel HD graphics.

Whats the make/model of the laptop? Asd this will help me identityfy exactly whats inside including which Intel GPU.

Edited by Bikerdude
  • Like 1

It is just like DxDiag says an ASUS X301A1. I wasn't aware there could be a Radeon video card.

DxDiag_laptop.txt

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

Looking at the cannotlaunch. txt file, at the very top 7400m is listed, someome will correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like you have a Radeon 7400m in the altop along with the Intel HD graphics.

Whats the make/model of the laptop? Asd this will help me identityfy exactly whats inside including which Intel GPU.

7400 is the build number for TDM

• Like 1

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Checking the Dxdiag shows you only have an Intel HD graphics and the latest driver is 15.40.1.64.4256 and you have 9.17.10.4459

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25176/Intel-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit-N-Series-

So its as I originally suspected you are probably running the stock windows 10 driver, download and install from the link above and see how you go :-)

• Like 1

This system does not allow the minimum system requirements to install this program :mellow:

Guess, the drivers are at fault than. Sorry for bothering everyone.

Will have to wait until desktop PC works to see how 2.06 works.

Edited by Anderson

badge?user=andarson

As I can tell, they've customized that driver to lockout older CPU's with HD2xxx\3xxx graphics. I think you have the latest available driver

other than hacking the driver Biker provided.

Not that it is a long term solution but let's try disabling lightgem processing:

seta tdm_lg_weak "1"

and sound

seta s_noSound "1"

seta s_volume "0"

seta s_playDefaultSound "0" (this should always be off)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

seta s_noSound "1"

Anderson, I see that you gave up this effort.

But I would be especially happy if you try this cvar.

It disables the sound system completely: if the game runs after this, we will be sure that sound system is the culprit.

Note that you have to set this cvar manually in Darkmod.cfg: setting it in console won't work.

Alternatively, it is possible to disable all sound playback devides in Windows, but this is prone to errors.

As I can tell, they've customized that driver to lockout older CPU's with HD2xxx\3xxx graphics. I think you have the latest available driver

other than hacking the driver Biker provided.

Not that it is a long term solution but let's try disabling lightgem processing:

seta tdm_lg_weak "1"

and sound

seta s_noSound "1"

seta s_volume "0"

seta s_playDefaultSound "0" (this should always be off)

seta s_playDefaultSound "1"

It was set to "1" not "0".

Now TDM works and loads completely. Will try to mess if these are the only settings that prevent to load missions.

• Like 2

badge?user=andarson

This system does not allow the minimum system requirements to install this program

F***ing windows 10 and F***ing OEM's not supplying upto-date drivers :angry:

Ok, in this instance you could manually update the driver -

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Of you still have problems drop me a PM and I will Teamviewer onto your laptop and help you install the driver.

As I can tell, they've customized that driver to lockout older CPU's with HD2xxx\3xxx graphics.

I dont believe he even has that (HD2/3xxx), but a bare bones HD graphics.

Edited by Bikerdude

I've deleted my Darkmod.cfg entirely and created a new one. Whereas autoexec.cfg has only:

"seta r_displayRefresh "60"
seta r_skipDepthCapture "1"
seta cm_backFaceCull "1"
seta s_force22kHz "1"
seta s_noSound "1""

Game works alright with all FM's and no sound.

Edited by Anderson

badge?user=andarson

F***ing windows 10 and F***ing OEM's not supplying upto-date drivers :angry:

Ok, in this instance you could manually update the driver -

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

As far as I understand all driver updates are within an .exe. Upon extracting all files the latest updater determined that my system doesn't fit the system requirements for this driver. After extraction and before installation. That means that the updater determines if it wants the driver on the system?​ The InstallShield Wizard.

My laptop seems to be a Sixth generation graphics processor because it's a Celeron B830.

From the link you gave me, instructions link to the same list I used to get the latest drivers. I'll try to narrow down the search and see what comes.

Update 21:20

None of those drivers will install for the same reason that the system is outdated. I guess the stock driver finder knows better.

Edited by Anderson

badge?user=andarson

FWIW, latest drivers are not a solution to all the problems. Especially with GPU drivers, vendors like Nvidia tend to make things worse for cards they think of as "old" or "obsolete". If you have problems with reference drivers you got with your GPU, sure, try newer ones, but you don't have to update them just because a new version is out.

• Like 1

As far as I understand all driver updates are within an .exe. Upon extracting all files the latest updater determined that my system doesn't fit the system requirements for this driver. After extraction and before installation.

My laptop seems to be a Sixth generation graphics processor because it's a Celeron B830.

From the link you gave me, instructions link to the same list I used to get the latest drivers. I'll try to narrow down the search and see what comes.

According to Intel, the B830 is "Sandy Bridge" with "Intel® HD Graphics for 2nd Generation Intel® Processors":

https://ark.intel.com/products/71141/Intel-Celeron-Processor-B830-2M-Cache-1_80-GHz

thus you already have the latest available driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/97498/Graphics-for-2nd-Generation-Intel-Processors

unless you hack another driver that supports HD2xxx graphics to work with your processor.

But we have already bypassed the GPU as the source of TDM loading issues. (Though it would be nice to have better drivers.)

If anything, we should be looking for audio drivers ;)

• Like 1

Ah ok.

badge?user=andarson

EDIT: Nevermind, wrong driver.

This install package does not support this type of processor.

21:44 - Didn't notice you edited the post.

Edited by Anderson

badge?user=andarson

2017 Audio drivers for Windows 10 64-bit for your Realtek audio:

64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsview.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

(click the "Global" link in the cell on the right side of the matrix)

• Like 1

2017 Audio drivers for Windows 10 64-bit for your Realtek audio:

64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsview.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

(click the "Global" link in the cell on the right side of the matrix)

Installed with no problems.

Renabling sound and loading FM still brings me back to main screen.

cannotlaunch.txt file in attachment.

cannotlaunch.txt

badge?user=andarson

• According to Intel, the B830 is "Sandy Bridge" with "Intel® HD Graphics for 2nd Generation Intel® Processors":
  • thus you already have the latest available driver: 15.28.24.4229
  • unless you hack another driver that supports HD2xxx graphics to work with your processor.
  • And the issue with this GPU is intel & microshaft have made it very hard to upgrade the driver or even find a driver for this model. And it looks like there isnt an intel made Windows 10 driver if the following link is correct - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/97498/Graphics-for-2nd-Generation-Intel-Processors
  • Check his Dxiag, he has 9.17.10.4229 - but again this could be the Windows 10 built in version.
  • There dosen't appear to be an updated HD 2000 driver for windows 10, only 8.1 and below. But as I mentioned in a previous post you maybe able to manually install the driver. So -
    • click on the Intel driver link from a few posts above and download load the .zip file instead of the .exe and then unpack that zip to a folder on your desktop.
    • Right click on "This PC" and the click on properties from the pulldown and then click on "create a restore point" and name it "before Biker's ill fated manual driver install debacle"
    • right click on "this PC" and select properties.
    • then go to device manager and browser to display adapters.
    • then right click on that and select update driver, then click on update driver.
    • then on the window that opened up, "browse my computer for a driver"
    • then click on ~"let me choose from a list", then click on have disk.
    • then click on have disk and browser to the folder on your desktop and inside that click on a folder called graphics.
    • then if you should see a list of intel gpu's, find and click on HD 2000, it will complain but ignore it.
    • reboot and see if it the manual driver install takes! if it does then you will have a batter driver than you currently have with newer OpenGL support.
    • if it didn't then you can do a system restore with the above restore point.

:ph34r:

Edited by Bikerdude
  • Like 1

You can try to change sound device.

1. Set s_nosound back to zero.

2. Disable some sound devices in Windows.

Probably it is the best idea to disable everything except one set of speakers.

3. After that launch game and check these lines in console:

----- Initializing OpenAL -----
Setup OpenAL device and context
OpenAL: found device 'OpenAL Soft on Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)'
OpenAL: found device 'OpenAL Soft on Динамики (Steam Streaming Speakers
)'
OpenAL: found device 'OpenAL Soft on Динамики (Steam Streaming Micropho
ne)'
OpenAL: using 'OpenAL Soft'
OpenAL vendor: OpenAL Community
OpenAL renderer: OpenAL Soft

If I am right, you won't see disabled devices here anymore.

4. Try to run mission again.

I think "Realtek High Definition Audio" is the device that should be used.

The other devices look as either virtual or recording...

• Like 1

To be clear, you now have:

seta s_noSound "0"

seta s_playDefaultSound "0"

?

seta s_noSound "0" in autoexec.cfg

and

seta s_playDefaultSound "0" in Darkmod.cfg

Because s_noSound doesn't exist in Darkmod.cfg.

badge?user=andarson

You can try to change sound device.

1. Set s_nosound back to zero.

2. Disable some sound devices in Windows.

Probably it is the best idea to disable everything except one set of speakers.

3. After that launch game and check these lines in console:

If I am right, you won't see disabled devices here anymore.

4. Try to run mission again.

I think "Realtek High Definition Audio" is the device that should be used.

The other devices look as either virtual or recording...

Yes, other devices are the microphone and the stock speakers from the laptop. If I understood correctly s_nosound to zero has to be in autoexec.cfg? Because Darkmod.cfg has no such setting. In this case it did not help.

Only turning off all devices lets the FM load and play.

Edited by Anderson

badge?user=andarson

• et al.
    • if it didn't then you can do a system restore with the above restore point.

:ph34r:

OK, here goes!

badge?user=andarson