The Dark Mod Forums

Ravens Brain.

Ravenhook

I have seen somewhere how to make a street look uneven along with rounding off building corners, I dont my street looking all boring and flat. TY.

• Like 1

Actually, the above is the wrong one; it's the next one that goes into making things less straight:

• Like 1

I was busy scrawling notes during my stop-start method, still I hadn't finished it as dog exercising, beer drinking ad tea time interveined...still I'll finish the first one and do the second one and have a practice. ^_^

Edited by Ravenhook
  • Like 1

Brilliant use of modules, it sure does take the hard work out of brush work in solid and air that the old dromed was plagued with...I think I need the next vid on, as the part that I'm trying to achieve is the undulating and uneven road surface with pot holes etc.

The playlists for all my vids can be found in my sig below. I'm not sure exactly which part you're looking for. If you want uneven ground cover, this might help:

https://youtu.be/hwE9Mge9E2M?t=5m22s

That's what I had in mind...BUT, running through your marvelous videos covering the modules, I rather like the edges used to map out the road (in London as a small child all the roads had what I later discovered were Sarsen stone edges - these stones were quarried from the downs close to where I live here in Marlborough, Wiltshire - and they look the part for an old sprawling city.) The leaves, dirt and trash models filled up a small alleyway nicely but when dmapping I got a leak, thinking about it I realised that where you could intermesh as it were, modules you couldnt do it with brushes and readjusting the model dirt heaps back within the brush boundaries cured the leak...so I am learning and having fun.

Edited by Ravenhook

When you place a stock model window, how do you light it, the ones that I have seen in some of the great fm's have yellow lit windows and if I use create light and resixe it and lowe it's brightness it looks plain awful...I have to go out but I am sure there is a Springheel video with just the right information...one that I have not found yet. TY.

Placing lights in front of them is what many mappers do (I think they call it bounce lights). Note that the look of it depends on the light material choosen (probably lights/biground in most cases). Note that it is not advisable to do this in large outer areas as it will hit performance (even if they don't cast shadows). You can also use selflit materials. Check the skins on the models. This accompanied with one ambient light (if neccessary) should suffice.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter