The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Warrens (by grayman) (2018/9/1)

grayman

If I understand correctly:

Spoiler

It shouldn't matter who you knockout, because the disguised target is not the same NPC as the people you might have knocked out earlier. My "ghost" was the builder priest, and I'd already knocked out the first builder priest I saw, but the mission was completable because there was a new builder priest roaming around who turned out to be the mission target.

I might be wrong though, perhaps I missed him the first time around and the mission would actually have been impossible to complete if I'd knocked him out first.

8 hours ago, OrbWeaver said:

If I understand correctly:

Hide contents

It shouldn't matter who you knockout, because the disguised target is not the same NPC as the people you might have knocked out earlier. My "ghost" was the builder priest, and I'd already knocked out the first builder priest I saw, but the mission was completable because there was a new builder priest roaming around who turned out to be the mission target.

I might be wrong though, perhaps I missed him the first time around and the mission would actually have been impossible to complete if I'd knocked him out first.

Spoiler

I have never knocked out the killer by mistake at the beginning of the mission, but I imagined that, knowing where you left the knocked out killer, he could be killed also later

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

• 2 years later...

I love the looks, atmosphere and layout of this mission and the map is beautiful drawn. I just found it took too long to find a clue about Deacon. It's all in one building and most other places feel very empty.

There's a sound file in the sound\sfx folder called message_smythe.ogg . It's from an audiograph, I think, but I never found the audiograph. I found only 3 music audiographs.  Is it actually included somewhere in the mission and if, where can I find it?

On 1/18/2021 at 12:12 AM, Zerg Rush said:

I have never knocked out the killer by mistake at the beginning of the mission, but I imagined that, knowing where you left the knocked out killer, he could be killed also later

No, I knocked out the killer and (ironically) left him in a room together with one of his victims. I later returned and then he was gone. So I had to search him. Luckely this wasn't too hard in this case.

On 5/29/2019 at 6:44 PM, grayman said:

Text: Will adjust if I re-release the mission.

We'll never find out what he would do about it.. 🫤

Edited by datiswous
  • Sad 1