The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Mission of Mercy (by joebarnin) 2018/09/14

joebarnin

• 2 months later...

Edit:

Ignore (or remove) this post, technical difficulties were found that did not apply to this mission specifically, but to my copy of Dark Mod in general.

Edited by V-Man339

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

• 1 year later...

Apparently this mission has been broken since 2.07 (or 2.08?), because of the numberwheel script issue. I didn't realize it until now. Here is a link to the repaired FM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymy4v38x7k286tx/warehouse.pk4?dl=1. It is listed as version 2 in the darkmod.txt file.

Can I ask that the mission repository be updated with this new version? Thanks!

I uploaded this to the mirrors but I was pretty sure that the team fixed this during 2.07 beta.

Could just be folks never updated to the new version?

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

9 hours ago, joebarnin said:

Today I tried the original Mission or Mercy on 2.08 and it failed loading (“Script object ‘numberwheel’ not found on entity ...”). So I assum that the script files still need to be included in each FM that uses an atdm:combination_lock_small?

I ran this FM up last night on 2.08 and everything loaded up fine, it was a fresh install and everything

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/14/2018 at 8:15 PM, joebarnin said:

This is my first released DarkMod mission. Four years ago I created an FM and got it into beta testing. Based on the feedback, I tried to expand it and clean it up at the same time, and it fell apart (I lost focus and got frustrated).

Do you still have that old unfinished mission somewhere? Or is it recreated into another mission?

3 hours ago, datiswous said:

Do you still have that old unfinished mission somewhere? Or is it recreated into another mission?

I was going to say 'no', but I decided to hunt around on some old backup disks, and lo and behold, I found the original mission (the beta, not the additional changes). I opened it up in DR, and man is it ugly. Simple, plain, nothing clever or interesting. I can see why the beta testers wanted changes. I'm glad I threw it away and started over. 🙃

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Grabbing the key at the beginning was the most difficult part outside of the candle question further in.

Very enjoyable, thank you.

• Thanks 1

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.