The Dark Mod Forums

Beta Testing 2.07

stgatilov

I have a very odd issue with an elevator, when it reaches a floor (in this case the 3rd) the Ai takes damage and the elevator goes back down without stopping at the floor. The same dosen't happen when the elevator reaches the 2nd floor (its only works on the 2nd floor sometimes under 2.07, other times the Ai take damage), and under 2.06 the elevator can go to the 3rd floor and Ai exits just fine....

Also that link above isnt publicly viewable

Can you PM me the map?

I dont think thats Its not 2.07 related, i think its an issue with that texture - broken normal..? I added that texture a long time ago, but have only recently started seeing that effect, I think exporting as a model removes the issue.

Confirmed, exported as model fixes it -

post-496-0-09685000-1546121484_thumb.jpg

Didnt you have this same issue a month or so ago on your WIP..?

Edited by Bikerdude

I have a very odd issue with an elevator, when it reaches a floor (in this case the 3rd) the Ai takes damage and the elevator goes back down without stopping at the floor. The same dosen't happen when the elevator reaches the 2nd floor (its only works on the 2nd floor sometimes under 2.07, other times the Ai take damage), and under 2.06 the elevator can go to the 3rd floor and Ai exits just fine...

Greyman discovered that my elevator speed was higher than normal and was causing an issue with the physics, so reducing from 50 back down to 30 should fix the issue. Dont know what I was getting away with it under 2.06...

A small update to my earlier post in this topic, about running 2.07 on Mac OS:
I tested TDM 2.07 for windows on Wine on Mac os, on a vm. (because there isnt a 2.07 binary for mac os.)
Its stops at the blue TDM-console showing the message that it needs OpenGL.
(its the same result like older versions on a virtualized mac os on virtualbox.)
i solved on vm linux by installing graphics acceleration for virtualbox, but there isnt any for mac os.
I will test it on a real system the coming days. And test other methods.

Also im experimenting with Valve's Proton (Valve's WINE build in the steam client for Linux & mac),
trying to run TDM Windows binary on Mac os.
Using a non-userfriendly method, i can start the tdm-updater and tdm installer (for windows), but TDM 2.07 64 bit windows binary doesnt start.
vc++ installer crashes "could find any services" on it.

Edited by freyk
  • Like 2

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

The problem with testing package is resolved.

Well, it turned out that there was no problem at all :laugh:

You can now freely use tdm_update to get new beta package.

In fact, it is advised to run tdm_update now just to be safe.

The new beta release beta207-03 is available.

The summary of changes is available here.

After update, please make sure that cvars are: r_useFBO 1 and r_fboSharedDepth 0

The problem with heatHaze materials and depth-reading material stages is resolved.

Adding maskDepth keyword to such materials is no longer necessary (is it was in 2.05). The keyword has been removed from all corresponding stock shaders.

Please test various heatHaze/translucent/postprocessing materials with the new beta, with antialiasing off (and also test a bit with AA on).

Another thing which needs serious testing is the Linux build.

Whoever runs native Linux build, please check how Alt+tabbing works in various modes (Windowed/Fullscreen).

One known issue is that some Linuxes has "Alt" as a hotkey, which somewhat messes with Alt-tabbing.

P.S. And if you are feeling lucky, you can try to get beta207-03 via tdmupdate_tdmsync prototype.

It greatly reduces download size for beta207-02 to beta207-03 update.

Just make sure to configure tdm_mirrors.txt properly and enable two checkboxes if you do so.

• Like 3

I'm trying to update a 2.06 installation.

The windows updater is caught in a loop. It finds that the available rev is 2.07, and that the current rev is 2.06.

It finds that it needs a new version of the updater, and goes to get that.

It asks me to hit restart to run the latest updater.

The restart fails, and the updater restarts 0.69.

Ad nauseum.

I'm trying to update a 2.06 installation.

The windows updater is caught in a loop. It finds that the available rev is 2.07, and that the current rev is 2.06.

It finds that it needs a new version of the updater, and goes to get that.

It asks me to hit restart to run the latest updater.

The restart fails, and the updater restarts 0.69.

Ad nauseum.

I tried to run updater from TDM 2.06 on my beta installation (not exactly the same environment, should not differ).

The self-update worked properly.

I guess a log file is needed from our side (the one saved just before you click "Restart" for the first time).

I have seen this bahvour in the past, and my work around was -

• let the updater download the new version, which from memory the file name is ' _tdm_update.exe '
  • I then killed the current tdm_update processed in task manager.
  • then rename _tdm_update.exe to tdm_update.exe and run that

The update then works as expected.

Found what looks like a typo in a texture material def for "textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/tiling_1d/trim_marble_grapevine" from - tdm_textures_base01.pk4

textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/tiling_1d/trim_marble_grapevine
{

stone

qer_editorimage     textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/trim_marble_grapevine_ed
    diffusemap          textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/trim_marble_grapevine
    bumpmap             textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/trim_marble_grapevine_local
	specularmap			textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/trim_marble_grapevine_s

{
        if ( parm11 > 0 )
        blend       gl_dst_color, gl_one
        map         _white
        rgb         0.40 * parm11
    }
    {
        if ( parm11 > 0 )
        blend       add
        map         textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/trim_lime_longpanel
        rgb         0.15 * parm11
    }

// TDM Ambient Method Related 
	{							
		if (global5 == 1)		
		blend add				
		map				textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/trim_lime_longpanel
		scale			1, 1		
		red				global2	
		green			global3	
		blue			global4	
	}							
	{							
		if (global5 == 2)		
		blend add				
		program	ambientEnvironment.vfp	
		vertexParm		0		1, 1, 1, 1		// UV Scales for Diffuse and Bump	
		vertexParm		1		1, 1, 1, 1	// (X,Y) UV Scale for specular		
		vertexParm		2		global2, global3, global4, 1	

fragmentMap		0		cubeMap env/gen1				
		fragmentMap		1		textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/trim_marble_grapevine_local			// Bump				
		fragmentMap		2		textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/trim_marble_grapevine			// Diffuse			
		fragmentMap		3		textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/trim_marble_grapevine_s			// Specular			
	}
}

The following line doesent look like they should be in there -

textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/trim_lime_longpanel
Edited by Bikerdude

I guess a log file is needed from our side (the one saved just before you click "Restart" for the first time).

Ok, like taking your car to the mechanic and the problem won't repeat itself, this morning the update works correctly.

Tried it twice w/o a problem.

Perhaps it had to do with some connection glitch last night.

Moving on ...

There may be a problem with the recent changes to sitting code. In A Score to Settle under 2.07,

Sykes is not sitting on his stool like he is supposed to. One time I couldn't find him at all, and in the next run he was like this:

post-9-0-02536400-1546285450_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't save a game, no. First time I just notargetted and walked there, and the second time I noclipped and flew there. Would you like a saved game?

I didn't save a game, no. First time I just notargetted and walked there, and the second time I noclipped and flew there. Would you like a saved game?

Yes, please. I've tried both 2.06 and 2.07 with the player start moved into his room, and he always sits on his stool. If I start at the normal place in 2.07, and noclip to his room, he's sitting next to his stool. I'll need to see it from someone else's perspective, because I don't have anything to work with yet.