The Dark Mod Forums

almost most fan missions crashes

icy7rider420

I played few missions not all of missions because almost all of them got save file but it caused my game crashes when i start new game ... Maybe it time for y'all to stop putting in save file?

and few missions caused game to crash ... when it got fully loaded, it crashes ...

Please make sure your missions isn't glitched!

I jump out of bath tub, landed in middle of Rug and Bath (Bank) and got stuck and couldn't move, causing me to load up my save mission again ... Doesn't make sense? fix it then! Even Lake as well ... jumped out of lake and landed on bank and can't move on most areas!

Be sure to have BETA TESTERS to test it out before posting to new upload List!

~~1cy7R1d3r42o~~

Welcome to the forums.

We have many beta testers and beta phases usually take up quite a bit of time. Occasionally, a bug may slip through. Often, you'll find information about bugs in these forums or our bugtracker.

If you get stuck in the level geometry, instead of reloading you can also enter "noclip" into the console to move without colliding with geometry. Most of the time you can still move out there by mantling. Note, that there is not only the jump-and-hold mantle, but also a pure mantle. Check the keybindings.

I don't know what you mean by "putting in save file" though. Savedgames are only ever generated by you.

I played few missions not all of missions because almost all of them got save file but it caused my game crashes when i start new game ... Maybe it time for y'all to stop putting in save file?

and few missions caused game to crash ... when it got fully loaded, it crashes ...

Please make sure your missions isn't glitched!

I jump out of bath tub, landed in middle of Rug and Bath (Bank) and got stuck and couldn't move, causing me to load up my save mission again ... Doesn't make sense? fix it then! Even Lake as well ... jumped out of lake and landed on bank and can't move on most areas!

Be sure to have BETA TESTERS to test it out before posting to new upload List!

Not very nice for a first post...also what makes you so sure the missions and its makers are to blame here, when me and others don't experience what you are experiencing? Don't you think that if all the missions were so broken, as you seem to claim they are, that this forum would be filled with users complaining? Do you think is fair to come here and accuse mission makers of being incompetent and not beta testing their missions and not help by telling what version of TDM are you playing with, if you are using the unofficial TDM gameplay mod or not or even tell us info about your PC to see if that what's causing the problems?

Btw when someone for some reason get stuck in some geometry, there's no need to reload a save, just bring the game console down (control+alt+key above tab) write noclip 1 and press enter, this disables player physics and makes you able to fly through walls and everything, fly a little above the floor, bring the console down again, press the ARROW UP/DOWN key on your keyboard to navigate the console history, find noclip 1 (or write it again) and change it to noclip 0, this will make you fall unto the floor (so don't fly to high) and you can continue playing, Don't use this cmd to cheat the mission and go through closed doors, it will certainly make you fail to trigger events and cause the mission to totally bug out.

BTW i'm not from the TDM team so my opinion or comments are my own.

Edited by HMart

A reasonable assumption would be that if other people had these serious problems with those missions, those would be reported during betatests, and missions wouldn't be released in such state. Another reasonable conclusion would be that something might be wrong on your end, whether it's the TDM installation or your PC configuration. Venting your frustration like that, without taking any steps yourself first, make you look awfully entitled and just plain silly.

• Like 2

I don't know what you mean by "putting in save file" though. Savedgames are only ever generated by you.

It isn't completely unknown for mission authors to include saves, presumably by accident: see Sneak & Destroy's .pk4 for example. It's hardly common, though.

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying