The Dark Mod Forums

Hidden Hands: Initiation (27/12/2018)

JackFarmer

Oh my, I had no idea that this was such a magnum opus! I will look forward to playing this in the coming days. Looks great by the screenshots!

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

I am using 2.06.

Edit: I also tried 2.07 beta and the same issue is present. Tried on Easy and Hard difficulties, same problem.

I input the code, unlocking sound, nothing happens. Change the code, locking sound. Re-confirm code, same problem. The painting just never lifts and nothing occurs.

Edited by GUFF

Hello GUFF,

I am really very sorry, but I cannot re-produce the problem. I tried once again on all difficulty levels, and I also started entering the numbers in random orders, but it works as it should (it also worked for my beta testers).

post-37993-0-62700800-1545990466_thumb.jpg

I will ask for help and get back to you.

Sorry for the inconveniences! :( :( :(

Edited by JackFarmer
  • Like 1

Hello GUFF,

I am really very sorry, but I cannot re-produce the problem. I tried once again on all difficulty levels, and I also started entering the numbers in random orders, but it works as it should (it also worked for my beta testers).

attachicon.gifbedroom.jpg

I will ask for help and get back to you.

Sorry for the inconveniences! :( :( :(

Don't know if this helps, but I played the other parts of the mission and it's also an issue with the other combo locks...

In the bank's vaults. They also will not open upon entering the proper combination.

Edited by GUFF

Hello GUFF,

I retested the safes in the banks as well, then tested the safe in the manor and it worked. I then agree with you, there must be a connection.

This is so strange as this problem seems only to occur on your computer. Hm...

I will ask a TDM team member for help.

Regards,

JF

• Like 1

Hi Jack,

I have the same problem as GUFF. Neither the coded safes in the bank nor the one in the manor will open for me. Entered the correct code(s), unlocking sound happens, but access is denied. Can't get into any of them.

I was able to "noclip" into the bank safes, but that doesn't work in the manor (can't frob the chalice). Can't finish the mission.

Playing on v2.06, Win x64

Edited by Kerry000

For the people experiencing problems, can you post what your "open doors by unlocking" setting is in the Gameplay menu?

Hi Jack,

I have the same problem as GUFF. Neither the coded safes in the bank nor the one in the manor will open for me. Entered the correct code(s), unlocking sound happens, but access is denied. Can't get into any of them.

I was able to "noclip" into the bank safes, but that doesn't work in the manor (can't frob the chalice). Can't finish the mission.

Playing on v2.06, Win x64

Could it be that

in the manor, the safe doesn't need only the code to open, that only lowers the painting, you also need the "dark key" to unlock the safe itself. The code boxes in the bank vault seem to do nothing for me, I was able to just unlock them with their respective keys. *shrug*

. If that doesn't work I would try Springheel's suggestion.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

The code says that if the menus open on unlock is yes and the door is marked open on unlock, then the door will open after unlocking.

If either setting is no then the door wont open.

The number wheel script needs to provide a path around this problem, so that players can use either yes or no in the menu

Ok, was able to finish. A few hundred loot from max. Pretty good. It's like several small missions pieced together with a lot of largely empty space between them. A few patrols could have been more interesting there. In general the play area was probably too big, and that includes most of the indoors stuff.

@JackFarmer

@Springheel

Setting "open doors on unlock" to ON allowed the safes to open when the correct codes were entered. Thank you for the workaround. I prefer to keep that setting off during normal gameplay, but it did allow me to finish this mission.

Thank you for the help :)