ERROR: error(#273) 1 compilation errors. No code generated
FAIL: sos

repro2.exe

CompileShader(interaction.vs): FAILED

Vertex shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:63: error(#132) Syntax error: "-" parse error
ERROR: error(#273) 1 compilation errors. No code generated
FAIL: sos

Why repro2 gave me different data to Bluehawk is beyond me.

I just updated from 2.06 to 2.07on fedora 28 linux and I lost "lighting"... I'm pretty much in the dark all the time (sometimes light gem flickers). I have an old Radeon 5700 something, and I have a feeling I'm hitting up against this bug... I'm not savvy enough to follow what you guys are talking about, but the lighting sources have a "circle/halo" of light around them and that's it.

I deleted everything and redownloaded from anew and same thing.

I just updated from 2.06 to 2.07on fedora 28 linux and I lost "lighting"... I'm pretty much in the dark all the time (sometimes light gem flickers). I have an old Radeon 5700 something, and I have a feeling I'm hitting up against this bug... I'm not savvy enough to follow what you guys are talking about, but the lighting sources have a "circle/halo" of light around them and that's it.

If you see no lighting, then that's entirely different problem.

What you should try to do:

Open game console and execute reloadGLSLPrograms.

Normally, it prints list of shaders. If it prints some ERROR, then the shader does not compile for you.

In such case try one of the two workarounds described here.

Normally, it prints list of shaders. If it prints some ERROR, then the shader does not compile for you.

Ahh. Thanks for pointing to the bugreport... that is my problem. The interaction.fs file worked for me here, but trying to set "r_useGLSL 0" didn't want to change.

I have a question now: should I upgrade to 1.07 or stick with .06 for additional testing?

If you upgrade to 2.07 it would definitely become easier for me (regarding this problem).

I think I have found a proper place to discuss AMD drivers issues with programmers.

I'll try to report the problem there.

RX560 on driver 19.1 does not exhibit any errors to me

The reported version does look a bit bigger so you guys need to update the driver on your end

It could also mean shader/exe version mismatch or driver having cached the old shaders

It could also (unlikely) be RGTC but it's off by default and you say you cleared the .cfg...

post-3508-0-03029100-1549297404_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The reported version does look a bit bigger so you guys need to update the driver on your end

Bluehawk has the same version as you: 4.6.13544 Compatibility Profile/Debug Context 25.20.15011.1004

HMart has newer version than you: 4.6.13547 Compatibility Profile/Debug Context 25.20.15015.1002

I also think it may be caching, but nobody knows were to clear this cache.

It could also mean shader/exe version mismatch or driver having cached the old shaders

It could also (unlikely) be RGTC but it's off by default and you say you cleared the .cfg...

Very strange that you have no problems, but is perhaps because the RX 560 uses a older GPU chip to the Bluehawk R9 390 and mine RX 570, even tho is on the new RX family, so that difference could make it not be affected, perhaps this bug only happens on particular AMD hardware.

Bluehawk has the same version as you: 4.6.13544 Compatibility Profile/Debug Context 25.20.15011.1004

HMart has newer version than you: 4.6.13547 Compatibility Profile/Debug Context 25.20.15015.1002

I also think it may be caching, but nobody knows were to clear this cache.

I first saw this problem on the old 18.12.3 drivers then updated to the latest 19.1.2 to see if it made a difference, like you see it didn't.

About the cache I found out how to clear it:

To reset shader cache, go to games, global settings, at the top right press reset, and click the option to reset the shader cache

I did it and it didn't solve anything either, it also looks like that some games save a cache on the game folder but that doesn't seem to be the case with TDM. This is a very nasty bug indeed, i'm starting to think that only going directly to the AMD driver team will solve this puzzle.

Edited by HMart

I deleted everything and redownloaded from anew and same thing.

Same thing with me in Manjaro Linux using an RX 480 and the open source drivers. Light and shadows just don't work. Dy0hHN6UwAA_823.jpg

Same thing with me in Manjaro Linux using an RX 480 and the open source drivers. Light and shadows just don't work.

Dy0hHN6UwAA_823.jpg

Actually, do we have a thread for that? I can't find any.

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/19807-lights-not-working-fixed/

?

I don't know any.

We have an issue which I reference everywhere.

And this thread which draws everyone with non-working lighting... despite the fact the screenshots in the very first post are clearly different from what they see :D

I was just about to post my own thread on this issue when I saw this one. Lighting works fine on my laptop with an Intel GPU but it's borked on my PC with an AMD card.

Next card I get is definately not AMD, first they had the issue where Overwatch would crash with "rendering device lost" error, then OpenGl mode in GZDoom broke and enemies became invisible, and now they've messed with lighting in Dark Mod which makes playing and testing impossible without the workaround. Do Nvidia users get this same array of problems?

Also possibly not related to this issue but another issue problem I've had is that nothing shows up when I use the command "r_showportals 1" if I fly outside the map I see the visportals but nothing when I'm in the map. I tried this with my own FM and A New Job and got the same results. I should definately see them in a fully released mission like New Job but I can't.

I was just about to post my own thread on this issue when I saw this one. Lighting works fine on my laptop with an Intel GPU but it's borked on my PC with an AMD card.

Next card I get is definately not AMD, first they had the issue where Overwatch would crash with "rendering device lost" error, then OpenGl mode in GZDoom broke and enemies became invisible, and now they've messed with lighting in Dark Mod which makes playing and testing impossible without the workaround. Do Nvidia users get this same array of problems?

Also possibly not related to this issue but another issue problem I've had is that nothing shows up when I use the command "r_showportals 1" if I fly outside the map I see the visportals but nothing when I'm in the map. I tried this with my own FM and A New Job and got the same results. I should definately see them in a fully released mission like New Job but I can't.

Do you feel like testing the patch candidate?

• Like 1

Downloaded the file, not sure what I have to do to integrate it into my install (if that's what I'm supposed to do with it). What exactly do I need to do with the archive?

Unpack the archive into TDM installation directory, then run the executable file from it.

Note that these additional files will affect the old executable too.

So while you are testing, run the new executable.

If you want to revert to clean 2.07, you will have to remove glprogs directory at least.

• Like 1

I packed the glprogs into the tdm_base01.pk4 file and uploaded to Moddb for wider exposure:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod/downloads/207-amd-patch-beta

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)