The Dark Mod Forums

[2.07 Bug] Maximized window bug

Goldwell

So I recently updated to 2.07, one thing I noticed is that when i'm ingame now the 3d window is only a small window. I thought this was quite strange and maybe somehow a problem with the mission I was working on so I booted up an already released working on 2.06 mission and had the same problem.

Then I thought well maybe the issue is that I updated from 2.06 to 2.07, maybe a fresh install will solve this problem. I downloaded a brand new fresh version of 2.07 and i'm having the exact same problem as before.

The only settings I changed in the menu is that the screen size was reduced from 1920x1080 down to 1280x720 and "Fullscreen" to "no".

This is the exact setup i've run for years now without any problems, however whenever I click the maximize window button on 2.07 with those settings, on a fresh install the screen does this:

MHuYrOP.jpg

That 3d window in the bottom allows me to move around but for whatever reason the rest of the screen is just a static image of either the main screen menu or it's entirely black. If I have the window set to the regular size it looks fine, but as soon as I click the maximize button on the window, rather than scaling the 3d screen upto whatever it needs to be, it stays at the 1280x720 and the rest of the resolution is just a static image.

So to put simply if you want to replicate this bug.

1- Load any mission

2- Set the resolution to 1280x720

3- Set fullscreen to no

4- Restart the game

5- Load the mission

6- Click the maximize button on the window

If I change the resolution to 1920x1080 (my monitors default resolution) and then click maximize there are no issues, and running the game in fullscreen works fine too. This isn't a deal breaker bug, but just something new I noticed with the new version and thought it should be brought to your attention. Perhaps there are other mechanics tied into this that might cause problems.

IMO that's how it should work. The game runs in set resolution. My desktop is 1440p, and I use either windowed 2560x1440 or 1920x1080, but I never use resize window buttons.

How so? If you resize a window in any game or application do you expect the original content of the window to stay the same and the excess resolution you create by resizing the window is just blank and nothingness?

It's not a deal breaker, setting the ingame resolution to 1920x1080 solved it, but it doesn't feel like this should be happening. Also it makes me wonder what changed between every other dark mod version and 2.07 which caused this to break or stop working.

How so? If you resize a window in any game or application do you expect the original content of the window to stay the same and the excess resolution you create by resizing the window is just blank and nothingness?

Yup. When I play some other games in windowed mode (which I do from time to time), they don't even have resize window button active. If you have TDM running in windowed mode in the same res as your desktop, it's actually is a bit smaller due to the window top header and e.g the task bar.

Yup. When I play some other games in windowed mode (which I do from time to time), they don't even have resize window button active. If you have TDM running in windowed mode in the same res as your desktop, it's actually is a bit smaller due to the window top header and e.g the task bar.

Oh well fair enough, perhaps I had just never noticed it before. Most games I play enable you to resize the window which in turn adjusts the 3D render to whatever the window size is, TDM has always done this prior to this version too.

Maybe my expectation is falsely placed and i've just gotten used to a bug that has only just been fixed, thought it wouldn't hurt mentioning it regardless.

Resizing/maximizing needs special code in order to work.

Drag-resizing is working on Windows (but not on Linux I guess) and has worked for quite a long time.

Maximizing does not work, and I don't recall whether it worked previously or not.

You can file as bug report.

Given that there were some discussions regarding changes in Windowed/Fullscreen system, I guess it should be postponed until that it finished.

• Like 2

Here's the work around

Maximize the window before the map load

Thank you!

I have to add as well I am really loving 2.07, there are a lot of great improvements which are making my mapping experience much better. I realized the first couple of things I said about 2.07 were negative and so I hope ya'll understand how much myself (and I assume other mappers and players) really appreciate the hard work you coders put into improving this engine.

• Like 2