The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Cleaning Up the Neighbourhood by some1stoleit,bikerdude (2019/02/19)

some1stoleit

The mission is also available in the in-game downloader along with the Missions page.

http://www.thedarkmod.com/missiondetails/?id=133

• Like 4

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Glad to see this coming to release! I've only seen screenshots so far so it will be fun to play this through for the first time! I'll post again once I've finished the mission. Congratulations on your first FM!

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

Great mission thanks,
I have to note a bug that I found accidentally:
I killed Godfrey without opening his room door. I smacked the sword on the door to wake him up and by leaning on the door made my self visible to him. This way he tried to attack me but having the door between us kept him at a safe distance so I could kill him with some safe well placed sword thrusts.
Mission complete :laugh:

Edited by kin
  • Like 1

Ok I finally played through it tonight. Great mission! The assassination part was not too challenging, but like joebarnin said there was LOTS to do aside from that. Very enjoyable!

I took about 2 hours to finish it, with

3001 loot, a stealth score of 0 and one water arrow used, the bar was impossible to loot without alerting the card players. Similarly the it was impossible to loot the footlocker next to the fireplace in the the barracks without alerting the card playing guards, since they went on full alert when I stole their coins I decided to skip both.

I particularly loved how you rewarded avid explorers with the side mission with the thieving crows! I was just fooling around trying to break the mission by climbing to places I wasn't supposed to go (and I was able to a couple of times) and I stumble upon a crows nest with a brooch in it, and suddenly a wide smile spread across my face. I liked the tiny loft with the guy who hated the crows, and the doctor who was complaining about the tavern, though a little piece of loot for my efforts would have been appreciated hehe.

The inside of the Scoundrel's Rest was well designed and provided some pretty engaging gameplay, without being too hard or easy. The streets around it felt very natural and they felt pretty unique, it was only the starting part in the sewers that looked a little too much like The Elixir, though I quite liked the connection to the inn with the curved stairs.

All in all, amazing work! I can't wait to see where the story goes next, what other bad guys need an arrow to the face? :)

Edited by Bienie
  • Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

Awesome mission! Got stuck on how to get into Godfrey's room, so checked out the spoiler for that, but after that. Finished it...

• Like 1

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.

Nice mission. Bit stuck in Godfreys office. Is there a secret here? Some of the text suggests there's more to it than meets the eye. Is there a way to get

into Godfreys room?

• Like 1

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Problem: Getting into Godfreys bedroom

The pipe you use to climb up to the window on the west side, on the wall opposite the window, is too close to the timber work and

every time I try to climb along it to make the final jump across to the pipe by the window, I fall off because of the timber work

above it and also the shutter is blocking you as well. So I can't get in there. I found another way in, by jumping, but I

had to die many many times. I think the difficulty here of the parkour could've been toned down and removed the problem

of bumping into building parts.

Some problems I found:

At the back canal, near the back of the boat, if you jump in the water and stay just under it but near the surface, a wierd

texture is overlayed on the screen blocking everything. When you enter the back door near the canal, the FPS was fine

outside, but immediately after closing the door it dropped from 60/130 fps down to 20 fps. Especially in the gambling den.

Seems some visportals is probably not working well inside.

All in all, a really enjoyable mission. Really liked the look of the place, and it's design. The gameplay was really good aside

from what I already mentioned. Fun mission, thanks. :)

Edited by NeonsStyle
  • Like 1

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

• 2 weeks later...

Probably just me , but after installing this mission and bringing DM up to date , I keep getting what looks like traces of the task bar flashing across the screen in the background when I’m playing.Very odd.Maybe DM is corrupted and I should delete and redownload it.

Hi,

Does somebody knows where to

put ledger into spy´s office? I tried to leave it on the bed, stool, on the carpet, on the closet or near the spot where I found his diary, nothing seems to work and game doesn´t register me leaving it there. Am i doing something wrong?

Edited by Tarhiel

Hi,

Does somebody knows where to

put ledger into spy´s office? I tried to leave it on the bed, stool, on the carpet, on the closet or near the spot where I found his diary, nothing seems to work and game doesn´t register me leaving it there. Am i doing something wrong?

You're not supposed to put the ledger in the spy's room, you need it for yourself. You have to put the Dead Drop Correspondence in the spy's room.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

Glad to see people are enjoying the mission for the most part!

Great mission! I accomplished the main objective right away, but the loot and optional objectives kept me busy. Good street environment around the bar. Good stories within it. Thanks!

Ok I finally played through it tonight. Great mission! The assassination part was not too challenging, but like joebarnin said there was LOTS to do aside from that. Very enjoyable!

I took about 2 hours to finish it, with

3001 loot, a stealth score of 0 and one water arrow used, the bar was impossible to loot without alerting the card players. Similarly the it was impossible to loot the footlocker next to the fireplace in the the barracks without alerting the card playing guards, since they went on full alert when I stole their coins I decided to skip both.

I particularly loved how you rewarded avid explorers with the side mission with the thieving crows! I was just fooling around trying to break the mission by climbing to places I wasn't supposed to go (and I was able to a couple of times) and I stumble upon a crows nest with a brooch in it, and suddenly a wide smile spread across my face. I liked the tiny loft with the guy who hated the crows, and the doctor who was complaining about the tavern, though a little piece of loot for my efforts would have been appreciated hehe.

The inside of the Scoundrel's Rest was well designed and provided some pretty engaging gameplay, without being too hard or easy. The streets around it felt very natural and they felt pretty unique, it was only the starting part in the sewers that looked a little too much like The Elixir, though I quite liked the connection to the inn with the curved stairs.

All in all, amazing work! I can't wait to see where the story goes next, what other bad guys need an arrow to the face? :)

Thanks I appreciate that you liked the main story and all the other small stories around the map. I was inspired by the TDM FM Ulysses, whose unique protagonist I found very refreshing, especially in the way it made a lethal playstyle actually feel natural.

Problem: Getting into Godfreys bedroom

The pipe you use to climb up to the window on the west side, on the wall opposite the window, is too close to the timber work and

every time I try to climb along it to make the final jump across to the pipe by the window, I fall off because of the timber work

above it and also the shutter is blocking you as well. So I can't get in there. I found another way in, by jumping, but I

had to die many many times. I think the difficulty here of the parkour could've been toned down and removed the problem

of bumping into building parts.

Some problems I found:

At the back canal, near the back of the boat, if you jump in the water and stay just under it but near the surface, a wierd

texture is overlayed on the screen blocking everything. When you enter the back door near the canal, the FPS was fine

outside, but immediately after closing the door it dropped from 60/130 fps down to 20 fps. Especially in the gambling den.

Seems some visportals is probably not working well inside.

All in all, a really enjoyable mission. Really liked the look of the place, and it's design. The gameplay was really good aside

from what I already mentioned. Fun mission, thanks. :)

I'll have to check that one out. I do recall needing a quicksave or two to get the jump right but I don't recall the jump being too many attempts to pass. I'll also see about the other issues too.

• Like 1

You're not supposed to put the ledger in the spy's room, you need it for yourself. You have to put the Dead Drop Correspondence in the spy's room.

Thanks! I would never thought that´s the proper item, because in his diary he mentions he would like to lay his hands on a ledger, so I assumed the ledger it´s the correct item.

I haven´t been able to find 2 out of 3 perches, but that doesn´t bug me as much as this did :)

Probably just me , but after installing this mission and bringing DM up to date , I keep getting what looks like traces of the task bar flashing across the screen in the background when I’m playing.Very odd.Maybe DM is corrupted and I should delete and redownload it.

Well , I deleted everything and re installed DM and the flashing etc is still there.The yellow cursor you get at the beginning for starting / selecting mission etc flashes on the screen only larger.Also odd background flashing .Can’t expect anyone to understand my rambling description without actually seeing it.At nearly eighty and not understanding computers I think that’s the end of my Thief playing days sadly as it completely spoils any enjoyment of the games.