The Dark Mod Forums

Problem with 2.07? - Some level unplayable

Moonsneaker

Thank you, but there's no difference.

What AMD Radeon HD 7700 and R7-200 Series do you have? There's many on those series, specially on the 7700 series, from low end to high end cards, use GPU-Z to see what GPU you really have. Perhaps yours don't support the OpenGL version used on TDM 2.07?

Edited by HMart

I have installed the drivers Amd 2019 Adrenalin Edition.

That was in March because TDM has this problem.

The one I thought with the new drivers would be fixed. I didn't find newer ones for my card.
Also the change tor r_useFenceSync = 0, hasn't changed anything ?

First the AMD Radeon 7700 !

Open GL Version = 24.20.11000.13541

That is a older OpenGL driver compared to mine, so you should try updating the drivers. Mine are 19.4.2.

Also based on the GPU-Z info you have a Radeon HD 7750 (similar to a HD 5770) that is now a low end GCN 1.0 GPU but it should support TDM, is claimed to support OGL 4.6 and D3D12 after all.

If is not some TDM problem, that it might, then it could be a faulty GPU or even a faulty CPU, that just happens to be triggered by TDM somehow. Like stgatilov said sharing a crashdump would help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

Sorry for my late reply, but I had to check some things first.
Is the problem with TDM ? Yes and no !
Up to V. 2.05 everything worked ! The problems started with V. 2.06, and since V. 2.07 half of the missions don't work anymore.

Now it is only a Nvidia Game.
AMD is not interested in providing the right drivers for this because it is a free game.
(A friend from Munich knows someone at AMD, and contacted him, the problem was already known to him)
Of course I don't know how many users have Nvidia or AMD graphics cards here in the forum ?

I think it's really great that you want to help me !

But you didn't interpret my explanations correctly or missed them ?
1) The two newer drivers from AMD are not for my 32 bit system, I have the latest ones !
2) I have 6 more computers, with the R7-200 cards, and the errors are identical everywhere.

3) I have visited 4 friends in the last week to try out my TDM.
Hans has installed a Nvidia card, and all critical missions were running.
Robert, Frank and David have AMD cards like me, they all had the same problems as me !

4) I also did the test with Crashdump. When I start a mission that crashes, the TDM.exe disappears from the Task Manager without being able to see or save a report. If I start a mission that works, the saved DMP file will be over 900 MB in size, and I can't read it either. Even with 7-Zip it reaches a size of 125 MB. I probably won't be able to attach it to my answer here in the forum, will I ?

I use a translation program, from German to English, I hope that everything will be understood ?

Since AMD doesn't want to help, I don't think you can solve my problem with the next V. 2.08 either. Therefore allow me the request, that one of you send me the data, so that I can use my TDM again as a V. 2.05 ? Thanks !

Regards

Mc Wolf