The Dark Mod Forums

Beta testing 2.07-hotfix

stgatilov

just a small change, to keep it simple.

Windows, Full install with freyk's installer:

1 - Download the installer from here.

2 - Run the installer. Choose where to install TDM, and maybe other settings.

2 - B. on the last screen, uncheck the checkbox that the updater starts automaticly after setup. dont start the updater, yet.

3 - Download a special tdm_mirrors.txt file and place it into the installation directory (where tdm_update.exe should already be located).

3 - B. start the updater.

4 - At the same moment, enable --keep-mirrors setting. (On the main window, click the "Advanced Options" button and check the first box.)

5 - Proceed as usual.

Edited by freyk

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

I'm afraid installing the hotfix might be too complicated for me, since I would have probably have to reinstall completely what with all my pk4's being unpacked. I'm sure others are able to test if the r_showportals 1 command is working as intended in the update, and I will take their word for it. ^_^

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

It seems to be working correctly. Active portals are green, adjacent inactives are red, and all others are are not drawn until you move close enough. No flickering or other visual aberrations on my end.

FGbrrQM.jpg

A2V9RLS.jpg

Here are two screenshots from the beginning alleyway in "A New Job", the new-ish official mission bundled with TDM.

I hope that's helpful. Cheers on the patch, guys.

Edited by Bluehawk
  • Like 1

I'm afraid installing the hotfix might be too complicated for me, since I would have probably have to reinstall completely what with all my pk4's being unpacked. I'm sure others are able to test if the r_showportals 1 command is working as intended in the update, and I will take their word for it. ^_^

You could just download to a new folder and drop the new binaries into your original darkmod folder. No pressure, 'though! ;)

Did you remove the original pk4?

If they are still intact, you can run tdm_update, check which pk4 are changed/downloaded, and unpack them.

If you deleted them, then you have a bigger problem.

According to my tdm_update.log, only the following files were downloaded during 2.07 to 2.07-hotfix update:

http://update.thedarkmod.com/testing/tdm_base01.pk4
http://update.thedarkmod.com/testing/tdm_models_decls01.pk4
http://update.thedarkmod.com/testing/tdm_shared_stuff.zip

If you download and unpack them over your current files, and you will have hotfix version.

Here is the list of individual files changed from 2.07:

ExtLibs.dll
ExtLibsx64.dll
TheDarkMod.exe
TheDarkModx64.exe
thedarkmod.x64
thedarkmod.x86
glprogs/interaction.fs
glprogs/interactionA.fs
materials/tdm_models_fireplace.mtr

But in your case it makes sense to avoid the beta-testing now and do this manual update only when the hotfix version is finally released.

• Like 1

Looks good for lights and the maps crash on linux for me.

A good example of ambiguous report :laugh:

So... does Maps still crash for you or not?

P.S. I have got an AMD gpu.

Verified that lighting is weird in the original 2.07, and it is correct in 2.07-hotfix.

• Like 1

A good example of ambiguous report :laugh:

So... does Maps still crash for you or not?

P.S. I have got an AMD gpu.

Verified that lighting is weird in the original 2.07, and it is correct in 2.07-hotfix.

I remember the bug he's talking about. We're calling a GL function we decide not to load based on the missing extension.

It's part of the MESA missing extension issue.

I did a fix for that in trunk not long ago but forgot about it when it came to hotfix.

Can we still include it?

I remember the bug he's talking about. We're calling a GL function we decide not to load based on the missing extension.

It's part of the MESA missing extension issue.

I did a fix for that in trunk not long ago but forgot about it when it came to hotfix.

Can we still include it?

It is already included, check the thread in developer forums.

Let's wait and see what Sneaker says. It is possible that you have misunderstood him.

• Like 1

It is already included, check the thread in developer forums.

Let's wait and see what Sneaker says. It is possible that you have misunderstood him.

Right, it's there

Did an update from 2.07 to hotfix and removed glprogs fix. Looks good for lights and the maps crash on linux for me. thanks!

Can you build from source code and run in debugger please?

Just did a quick test of this version on my system (RX 480 with amdgpu on Manjaro/Kernel 5.0.3).

So far seems pretty good:

maps work with and without soft shadows

stencil works without soft shadows, "ss on" makes all shadows disappear, though.

Had one strange occurrence yesterday - after starting TDM a few times due to resetting resolution and stuff (I had deleted the config file), I suddenly got flickering horizontal black lines, a bit like when you have a faulty monitor cable. They persisted after closing TDM, but went away with a reboot. Might actually be a amdgpu problem, I guess.

Anyway, overall this version seems to work well for me, with the small exception of soft stencil shadows.

Edited by ElZoido