The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Marsh of Rahena by ERH+ (2019/4/5)

ERH+

29 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance

• Unbearable
    • Poor
    • Averange
    • Good
    • Excellent
  2. 2. Gameplay

• Unbearable
    • Poor
    • Averange
    • Good
    • Excellent
  3. 3. Story

• Unbearable
    • Poor
    • Averange
    • Good
    • Excellent

In this map you can clearly see how bad can be the TDM color banding/striping :D (it's an engine limitation, not a map issue)

The-Dark-Modx64-2019-04-06-00-21-56-021.

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Thanks (for the solution)! Lets see if there are some more bugs that will come out soon, so I can make a fast fix for more than one. I've already forgot there was a custom music in the menu. :rolleyes:

Edited by ERH+
  • Like 2

S2wtMNl.gif

OK, I have a bug.

I made it to the house and to the floor with beds, kitchen, etc. I explored most of the floor, finding the map, then returned to the bed by the staircase you come down. I click frob and the dream starts.

I see a tunnel, the disembodied lantern and the pick axe go a short ways down the tunnel and then I see the shadows of whatever creature is right in front of my point of view go back and forth, back and forth, forever. I cannot click on anything to end the dream; eventually, I must CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill Dark Mod.

UPDATE: I tried again. This problem appears to only happen when I choose the bed just north then west of the stairs. If you choose a different bed (the one at the other end of that room, or go south to a big empty room then east to a bed in a room with other purposes), the dream runs normally and ends properly. I am no longer stuck.

I am running Dark Mod 2.07 and have had no other problems other than the missing music at the main menu mentioned earlier.

- prjames

Edited by prjames

Congratulations on the release ERH+

This one looks really creepy! :)

I see a tunnel, the disembodied lantern and the pick axe go a short ways down the tunnel and then I see the shadows of whatever creature is right in front of my point of view go back and forth, back and forth, forever. I cannot click on anything to end the dream; eventually, I must CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill Dark Mod.

It happens from time to time, I thought I've got rid of it. I will try to give "cinematic" "1" to few more entities - maybe the apparitions got in the way of the cutscene and something is going off the rails.

• Like 2

S2wtMNl.gif

OK, now I'm stuck because I need a hint.

I've reached the point in the plot where it tells me to find a key to the cellars and that the horseman went northwest. I found the horseman's trailer (with it's holy water potion) but no sign of a horse, a dead horseman, or a key. I've searched the immediate area, but haven't found anything else of interest. (I did find the graveyard farther away, and the guillotine farther north.)

Help!

- prjames

Edited by prjames

OK, now I'm stuck because I need a hint.

I've reached the point in the plot where it tells me to find a key to the cellars and that the horseman went northwest. I found the horseman's trailer (with it's holy water potion) but no sign of a horse, a dead horseman, or a key. I've searched the immediate area, but haven't found anything else of interest. (I did find the graveyard farther away, and the guillotine farther north.)

Help!

- prjames

Oh dear, it supposed to be north EAST, just in the corner of accessible area. I'm sorry for this misleading mistake :excl: .

I make it harder that it should be, shame on me.

Edited by ERH+
  • Like 1

S2wtMNl.gif

Lockpicks are exchanged by two tools you can find during exploration. You probably missed a crowbar:

It is in your uncle's room (the one with bloody footprints coming from it), in the secret closet, next to the book you had to pickup and read to fulfil previous objective.

Edited by ERH+
  • Like 2

S2wtMNl.gif

bugs:

*compass texture is missing, just silver (hard to tell directions for objectives)

*during the first night of sleep the lantern and pick float through the hallway

*the text is blocky and hard to read (no anti-aliasing), many lights are tilted and aligned with player body (my weapon casts shadows across the environment) - I've seen this before, so it may be a DM issue I can't solve. someone please point me to any remedies!

*trash chute dumped me outside of the keep before I got the objective to search hag's hut, had to reload

*several sound files are missing and DM just plays a 'boop' noise (heard near hut, and when exiting)

stuck:

found a red crystal in the chapel and one in lab, don't know what to do with them.

Edited by MrMunkeepants

*Red crystals are just a different light source, like a lantern.

*compass texture wasn't modified, so it may be a problem with stock TDM assets on your side.

*floating objects are as they meant to be.

*I don't know if anyone else had a problem with missing sounds during playing?

S2wtMNl.gif

*compass texture is missing, just silver (hard to tell directions for objectives)

That is appears to be a driver issue, not all users are affected.

See: http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4986

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Oh dear, it supposed to be north EAST, just in the corner of accessible area. I'm sorry for this misleading mistake :excl: .

I make it harder that it should be, shame on me.

Thanks for the help, that allowed me to finish at Normal difficulty.

Clearly I got my stealthiness training in getting those heads with the big baddies marching about and nothing I could really do to fight them.

- prjames

Great Mission ERH+ !!!

In my book, the layout, setting and story were AWESOME :excl: , only detractor I would give it, is the lighting, but I think that's more of a game engine issue, from my understanding.

Thank you for all the work put into this mission :o

• Like 1