The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position (2019/05/04)

Bienie

On 5/4/2019 at 1:45 AM, Bienie said:

u5P2GRC.jpg

Storia:

Un consigliere comunale locale di Brooksdale e mio conoscente d'infanzia, Miles Harewell, "è successo" a me la scorsa notte nella mia taverna locale. Apparentemente, quest'anno deve difendere la sua posizione nel consiglio comunale e sospetta che il suo principale rivale, Edric Shorditch, abbia un asso nella manica.

Ha menzionato prove schiaccianti di rapporti con "varie entità di dubbia legalità", come diceva lui. Suona come un linguaggio da hightowne per la buona vecchia corruzione. Ha bisogno di qualsiasi prova del genere per scomparire stasera, mentre ha un alibi corazzato, essendo invitato a cena insieme a Edric al maniero di un lord locale.

Vuole anche che trovi della sporcizia su Edric per aiutarlo a ribaltare la situazione. Miles è un politico nato naturale, ma è una buona notizia per la mia "professione", quindi penso che dovrò perdonarglielo. Inoltre, con tutta quella sua corruzione dilagante, sono sicuro che può pagare a modo suo e poi un po'.

Questo Edric Shorditch è il capitano della guardia cittadina locale e si è fatto un nome prendendo una posizione dura nei confronti del crimine. Intrufolarsi nella stazione di guardia della città e rubare indiscriminatamente non sarà facile, ma potrebbe aiutare a minare la sua approvazione, oltre a riabilitare Miles.

Grazie:

Grazie a Springheel per la creazione dei pratici e graziosi set di moduli.
Grazie ai miei beta tester; Amadeus, Goldwell, Cambridge Spy, Boiler's_Hiss, SuaveSteve, Tafferboy e Jedi_Wannabe!

Inoltre, grazie alle persone che frequentano il thread Newbie Dark Radiant Questions per aver sempre aiutato a risolvere i problemi che si verificano durante lo sviluppo. Voi sapete chi siete.

Scarica:

Disponibile nel downloader in-game o in una delle seguenti posizioni:

Galleria:

Suggerimenti, suggerimenti, procedure dettagliate, spoiler (!) :

- Questa missione ricompenserà notevolmente quei taffer a cui piace esplorare a fondo una missione. È possibile raggiungere direttamente i tuoi obiettivi, ma ti mancheranno molti contenuti.
- Molte finestre sono apribili, portando a nuove aree o residenze private.
- Se un'area sembra difficile da navigare a causa delle pattuglie, è probabile che tu possa aggirarla.
- Coloro che amano le sfide e un po' di rigiocabilità in più devono visitare l'ufficio dell'astronomo vicino all'area di partenza.

Nascondi contenuti

Obiettivi principali:

Rivela contenuti nascosti

Non riesco a trovare la chiave dell'ufficio di Edric!

Suggerimento gentile:

Dovrai trovare la lobby sicura a meno che non giochi su Rookie, che fornisce un punto di ingresso alternativo.

Dimmi!:

The lobby safe is at the bottom of the narrow corridor by the front door of the City Watch station. Cpl Thomas, who is sleeping in the Barracks, has the key to it on his belt. Alternatively, you can enter the room through the vent system, either from the shipping company, the evidence lockup or Lt. Froste's office.

I got into Edric's office, but I can't find the cache of evidence! It's not in the evidence lockup either...

Gentle hint:

The cache is in a hidden compartment in Edric's office. The clues to it can be found in his desk.

Just tell me!:

Edric has a hidden safe behind a painting. You must frob one of the city watch statues on top of his fireplace to reveal it, and you must also use the key hidden behind the sofa next to the window in order to unlock it.

I can't find Barnaby Rawlyn's place! There are no visible entry points.

Gentle hint:

You can only enter his place by going through the second-story windows.

Just tell me!:

You will have to do a bit of climbing, or balancing along ledges. You can either mantle up on the electric lamp by the back door and enter through the window above it, or by one of the windows overlooking Periwinkle Ct. You can either climb up to the Tender Rose balcony and walk along the ledge to Rawlyn's window, or just jump up by the pile of sacks and barrels in the corner.

I don't understand where the incriminating evidence against Edric is hidden.

Gentle hint:

Rawlyn has a secret office in his house, he has written about it in his journal in the bathroom.

Just tell me!:

You will need to get the code on his bookshelf in the bedroom, then open the top-left cupboard on his desk. Enter the code and another small door will open. In here is a lever that will move the bookshelf away revealing the secret office.

I seem to be short on loot in my chosen difficulty... Any tips on where to look?

Gentle hint:

Sometimes even good thieves need to take on extra work! It's either that or carefully comb through any place you can barge into.

Just tell me!:

C'è un cartellone su Periwinkle Ct. che ha due missioni secondarie che pagano abbastanza bene per il ladro avventuroso che può completarle.
Ci sono diverse residenze e stabilimenti che hanno un vasto assortimento di ninnoli con cui si potrebbe fuggire:
Gerald Smith afferma di non avere alcun oggetto di valore, ma a un'ispezione più ravvicinata della sua scrivania c'è una bella caccia al tesoro che potresti intraprendere.
Il proprietario della Tender Rose ha del bottino riposto nella sua cassaforte segreta. Troverai le istruzioni su come aprirlo dietro un piccolo dipinto sulla sua scrivania.
Allo stesso modo, il proprietario della Brooksdale Shipping Company ha una cassaforte nel suo ufficio.
Ci sono anche molti segreti da scoprire! Vedere la sezione seguente.

Segreti:

I found a few secrets but am struggling with the others, and I simply must catch them all!

Gentle hints:

1. The Astronomer has absent-mindedly misplaced one of his golden wine cups.
2. Another wine cup has been well hidden in the wine cellar behind the Tender Rose.
3. A patron has dropped his ring in one of the rooms in the Tender Rose.
4. Rawlyn's cook has hidden more than just a brooch in the kitchen.
5. Gerald seems to have forgotten about one hiding place in his apartment...
6. This Murdoch fellow has also taken precautions with some of his loot, check high...
7. ...and check low.
8. Someone may have dropped their purse on the ground somewhere on Heritage Square.
9. The Bakery has some fine wine hidden away.
10. It seems some poor sap met his end in the shipping company.
11. The religious fellow south of the City Watch may be hiding some goodies in an easily overlooked place.
12. Apparently Corporal Vernon gives his horses more than just carrots and apples.
13. Poor Quentin Quickfingers held out until the end, and took his secret to the grave... or did he?

Just tell me!:

1. In the astronomer's apartment above the Thieves' Highway there is a golden wine cup above the desk.
2. In the wine cellar there is a golden wine cup on top of a keg stand in the south corner, hidden behind two mugs.
3. In the south eastern room of the Tender Rose there is a ring underneath the endtable with the green vase.
4. On the wall on your right as you enter the kitchen is a rack with pots and pans. In a wicker basket is a gold cup.
5. On top of Gerald's wardrobe in the bottom floor bedroom is a gold builder symbol.
6. In Murdoch's attic (reachable from living room hatch or street window) is a gold statuette tucked into a coiled rope on a crate.
7. In Murdoch's kitchen, under the stairs is an openable crate with a gold chalice and candleholder.
8. Under the small wooden stairs leading to an unopenable door next to the flower stand on Heritage Square is a purse.
9. Hidden away in the corner of the floor under the counter at the Bakery is a gold wine bottle.
10. There is a barred crate in the shipping co. with a skeletal hand that has a ring, crouch under the stairs and weave around to the pile of crates, deep in there you will see it.
11. Follow the tunnel south of the City Watch front entrance, when you get to a barred gate take the window on your right, in the dresser by the stairs is a gold bracelet.
12. In the City Watch stables, by the far wall are two open barrels. The one with food has a partially hidden golden bottle (climb up on it to see it better).
13. Nella prigione di City Watch, nella cella di Quentin (n. 6), sul muro di destra c'è un mattone sciolto che si apre e rivela un leggibile.

Obiettivi individuabili:

Ho l'obiettivo di informare il mio recinto che è in pericolo, ma non so cosa devo fare.

Suggerimento gentile:

Dovrai far scivolare il biglietto sulla sua scrivania. Cerca una finestra leggermente socchiusa intorno all'autostrada dei ladri.

Dimmi!:

Dovrai prendere la nota dal tuo inventario e girarla per farla scivolare sulla scrivania attraverso la finestra leggermente aperta. La finestra si trova al piano terra del piccolo vicolo tra la residenza Smith e la residenza Murdoch, noto anche come "Taffer's Alley". È a nord-ovest dell'area di partenza.

I got an objective to save "Andrew". What's that about?

Gentle hint:

Caroline's journal mentions a mysterious potion with healing powers, and that Andrew is resting in the kitchen (opposite the jail cells).

Just tell me!:

You need to unlock evidence locker IV in the evidence room and grab the green potion at the back. Now head down to the basement level and sneak in behind the cook. In the corner of the room is a table with a health potion on it. Take the health potion and drop the mysterious potion in it's place to complete the objective.

I can't figure out how to complete the side mission in Gerald Smith's place...

Gentle hint:

You will need to find his stolen paintings close to his house and drop them on the desk on the second floor.

Just tell me!:

The paintings are found under an upturned box right below his balcony, that says "Taffer's Alley". From here jump up on his balcony and go upstairs. At the end of the hallway is his desk on the left-hand side. Drop the paintings here to finish the objective.

I'm having trouble finding the workman's hammer or where to drop it to complete his objective.

Gentle hint:

The workman's hammer is found inside Brooksdale Shipping Company, which is on the south end of Scarlet Ct. The drop spot is in the little nook next to the stairs on Heritage Square.

Just tell me!:

As you enter the Brooksdale Shipping Company from Scarlet Ct. there is a workbench on your left hand-side. The hammer on this table is the item you want to pick up. Then head out on Scarlet Ct again and walk up Periwinkle St. After the tunnel on the right hand side is a set of stairs. Just drop the hammer in the little nook on your right. The money for the job spawns by the gate on Scarlet Ct. where a guard leans on the other side sometimes.

Who is Warin, and where do I have to drop his body?

Gentle hint:

Warin's apartment lies above the tunnel into Scarlet Ct. Nearby is a cart with sacks in it where he needs to be dropped.

Just tell me!:

In order to find Warin you will need to either go to Scarlet Ct. and mantle onto the cart with sacks and reach up to open the double window above it, or jump across to the gable above the bakery and enter the window on the right. Once you have knocked him out you need to drop him through his window on Scarlet Ct. and into the cart of sacks below it. The payment spawns on Periwinkle Ct. in the south end on a market stand with fireplace-related items. I recommend picking it up as soon as possible as it will remove the body, lowering the risk of the guard noticing it, which can sometimes happen.

I found a note from a dead thief in the jail, but I don't know where his stash is...

Gentle hint:

He put it on Periwinkle street near to the stairs down to Heritage Ct.

Just tell me!:

Mentre sali in cima alle scale, sulla tua destra c'è un mucchio di spazzatura. Nella parte posteriore, tra la grande cassa e il pallet, c'è una borsa dall'aspetto squallido, che è la scorta di Quentin.

Sfide:

Nascondi contenuti

Non riesco a trovare/uccidere tutti i topi per la sfida "Ratter of Brooksdale"!

Suggerimento gentile:

Nascondi contenuti

Ce ne sono 5 in totale: due da scovare, gli altri sono contenuti in aree più piccole. Pensa a dove si nasconderebbe un topo! Se ti trovi a corto di frecce a punta larga, puoi fare scorta di più nelle aree in cui ti aspetteresti di trovarle.

Dimmi!:

Nascondi contenuti

I topi hanno la tendenza ad allontanarsi dalla loro posizione di spawn quando ne hanno la possibilità. C'è un topo che si genera su Scarlet Ct. e uno su Pervinca Ct. Questi possono finire ovunque nelle strade principali. Gli altri tre dovrebbero essere più facili da trovare; uno fuori dal pub, uno nel vicolo dietro il Tender Rose e uno nei tubi delle fognature sotto il City Watch.

Se non hai abbastanza frecce a punta larga per uccidere i topi, puoi trovarne altre in queste posizioni specifiche:

Uno nella faretra a Terry's Taffin' Tools.

Uno nella faretra da Jeremy's Irons.

Uno nella faretra sulla guardia in caserma.

Tre nella scatola nell'armeria.

Due nella borsa del vino sotto le scale nella cantina del City Watch.

Ho messo fuori combattimento ogni persona sveglia che ho trovato, ma la sfida "The Sandman" non è completa. Cosa c'è che non va? Chi mi manca?

Suggerimento gentile:

Nascondi contenuti

È facile perdere alcune persone che tendono a dormire temporaneamente e si svegliano e pattugliano. Ce ne sono anche alcuni difficili da eliminare...

Dimmi!:

Nascondi contenuti

Dovrai mettere fuori combattimento le seguenti persone:

Orval Churche fuori dal pub, più i due clienti all'interno.
Gerald Smith.
John Murdoch, più la guardia.
Il proprietario del bordello Randal Warde e la sua guardia.
Barnaby Rawlyn e la sua guardia e cuoco (la guardia e il cuoco dormono a intermittenza e per un bel po' alle difficoltà inferiori)
Tutte e 4 le guardie della City Watch per le strade.
Tutte e 4 le guardie della City Watch all'interno dell'edificio (il tenente Froste richiederà una freccia di gas).
Gilbert il cuoco nella prigione di City Watch.
Agatha Sackwell nella cella 6 del dungeon (gasatela o aprite la porta con la chiave nell'armadietto ai piedi della caserma).
Audrey il fornaio.
Il proprietario della Brooksdale Shipping Co. George Blome e la sua guardia.
In totale sono 24 persone!

Non riesco a finire "The Completeist Challenge!"

Suggerimento gentile:

Ricorda che ci sono molti obiettivi nascosti da completare e trovare tutti i segreti è uno di questi, insieme alle missioni delle bacheche. C'è un altro obiettivo nascosto nella stazione di guardia della città.

Dimmi!:

Dovrai completare tutti gli obiettivi obbligatori, insieme a quelli opzionali rilevabili:
-Restituisci i dipinti rubati di Gerald.
-Trova e consegna il martello dell'operaio.
- Metti fuori combattimento Warin e gettalo nel carrello sotto il suo appartamento.
-Metti la misteriosa pozione accanto ad Andrew in cucina.
-Avvisa il tuo recinto di pericolo imminente.
-Trova tutti i 13 segreti.
Consulta le sezioni precedenti delle FAQ per assistenza su qualsiasi obiettivo individuale.

Nota: a causa della natura dell'obiettivo dell'Esperto di non essere individuato, puoi fallire senza che fallisca questa sfida.

Non riesco a trovare tutto il bottino per la sfida "Febbre dell'oro"! C'è una lista di bottino che posso usare per controllare cosa mi sto perdendo?

Di certo lo troverai sulla pagina wiki di Dark Mod per questa missione.

Disclaimer, informazioni sui giocatori.

Nascondi contenuti

Questa missione è priva di ragni, non morti o altri elementi dell'orrore.

Ci sono alcune implicazioni abbastanza dirette della prostituzione, ma nessuna nudità o linguaggio descrittivo grossolano. I giocatori sensibili possono tranquillamente evitare l'area di The Tender Rose contrassegnata dai lampioni rossi.

Si parla dell'uso di droghe in alcuni leggibili mission-critical, insieme al solito diffuso alcolismo.

Grazie per aver giocato! Cosa ne pensi della missione? Attendo con impazienza il tuo feedback onesto!

Sorry, I have a problem with this nice FM: at the end of the goal to stun all the awake people (and without killing anyone), I have only one of the two customers of the pub left: I hit him with blackjack, the message of objective completed appears , and immediately after that the failed goal appears and I go into game over. Is it a bug? thank you very much in advance.

On 6/19/2022 at 8:25 PM, Angelot said:

Sorry, I have a problem with this nice FM: at the end of the goal to stun all the awake people (and without killing anyone), I have only one of the two customers of the pub left: I hit him with blackjack, the message of objective completed appears , and immediately after that the failed goal appears and I go into game over. Is it a bug? thank you very much in advance.

Sorry you are running in to the problem. I assume you are referring to the challenge. The mission should not fail from knocking out AI. There is a known bug where if you knock someone out who is sitting by a table the body can start "vibrating" with the furniture, killing them from "fall damage" after a few seconds. In some cases this damage is attributed to the player causing the no kill objective to fail. If you try to shoulder the person right after knocking them out it should be enough to save them from dying. If that doesn't work I'm not sure what else the bug could be. Hope that solves the issue for you!

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

• 1 month later...

Wow, I'm enjoying this mission immensely. Having played the first two missions in the series this one is also lots of fun.  I keep exploring and exploring.  I haven't played any of the challenge missions yet but I will when I complete the main mission.

I have a question about Capt. Edric Sorditch's office: 

Spoiler

Where can I find the key to open his hidden storage vault next to his fireplace?

Edited by bobber1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well that was fun! I remember playing this mission quite a while back, but I decided to try it again on the hardest difficulty seeing as how, having gone through it once already might make it easier to stay under the knockout limit. I also took on a challenge, the "Ratter of Brooksdale". But something occurred that I should probably mention because maybe it's a "bug" or a failure of game logic, I'm not sure.

I killed a rat that was hanging outside the Brooksdale Shipping Company entrance. I then picked the lock on the door, crept inside and waited for the interior guard to move away from the power switch inside the building. But since the door was open and the rat was visible, he walked for a bit then immediately ran outside with sword drawn, muttering about seeing blood.

I know the AI reacts to blood but I didn't expect rat blood to put the guard in a frenzy (and hence neighboring guards). It didn't raise my stealth score though and it was actually beneficial as it kept them out of their regular patrol zones. But still... the game doesn't distinguish rat blood from human blood. Maybe I should have used a water arrow to clean it up first, but surely the guard would be able to see the nearby dead rat and realise it's not from a person?

• Like 1

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

On 8/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, Xolvix said:

Well that was fun! I remember playing this mission quite a while back, but I decided to try it again on the hardest difficulty seeing as how, having gone through it once already might make it easier to stay under the knockout limit. I also took on a challenge, the "Ratter of Brooksdale". But something occurred that I should probably mention because maybe it's a "bug" or a failure of game logic, I'm not sure.

I killed a rat that was hanging outside the Brooksdale Shipping Company entrance. I then picked the lock on the door, crept inside and waited for the interior guard to move away from the power switch inside the building. But since the door was open and the rat was visible, he walked for a bit then immediately ran outside with sword drawn, muttering about seeing blood.

I know the AI reacts to blood but I didn't expect rat blood to put the guard in a frenzy (and hence neighboring guards). It didn't raise my stealth score though and it was actually beneficial as it kept them out of their regular patrol zones. But still... the game doesn't distinguish rat blood from human blood. Maybe I should have used a water arrow to clean it up first, but surely the guard would be able to see the nearby dead rat and realise it's not from a person?

Interesting. I've never noticed that guards would react to dead rats or blood from them, but you might be right that there is some kind of game logic thing causing that. I'm glad you enjoyed the mission!

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

• 9 months later...

Hidden Objectives

I've completed the mission with all 6 hidden objectives (The Completionist) ticked off, but I've only counted 5

Spoiler

Return Stolen Paintings

Dispose Of Warin

Return Workman's Hammer

Give Caroline's Lover The Potion

Ominous Note

Which one is not on the list ?

EDIT

I Forgot to check the very first post which contained info related to my question. So it looks like the 6th hidden objective is

Spoiler

finding all 13 secrets

It also answered my "Rat" question, which I was about to query.

Edited by CountMorillonite
Problem Solved (I Think)