The Dark Mod Forums

Arcturus

Well, it was you who jumped at me saying that I should know better, since I make the assets. Not that there's any necessary logical entailment between those two sentences. But you didn't say anything substantial, so it was just a jab to annoy me. And the whole exchange is not the first time you do it here, it's your usual tactics to waste other people's time. I'd be perfectly happy if you don't engage with me, and if I gave I hint that I value your opinion on something that I wrote, I'm sorry and I promise that won't happen again.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..  if you express your opinion on an open forum, you'll have to deal with the consequences. And that is, for example, other people expressing their opinions, also on the things you say.

Anyway, enough said really. You still haven't shared the source for your claims, and I doubt that you ever will. Simply because there isn't an official source for them. There were only figures stated by CDPR which show the budget for the game development, not the marketing expenses, as far as I could see.

13 hours ago, peter_spy said:

But getting back to the topic, several media outlets wrote that the game sold over 13 million copies and, as usual, there's a "roadmap" Hopefully devs will be able to bounce back and go the Hello Games way.

That's under the assumption management care. The larger a group gets the more spread out the hierarchy becomes. When NMS was released Hello Games were a fairly small dev group (actually it still is, only 26 employees apparently) and presumably management is fairly close to the devs, so when the game was released to major criticism I guess heads like Sean Murray took it rather personally, but more importantly, maturely. After a couple of tweets they basically went radio silent and worked on improving the game without any media coverage (at least until the major updates were ready).

Now No Man's Sky is quite improved from the original release, but that's because they put actions ahead of words rather than releasing silly PR that we've all seen before but don't trust. CDPR is starting to remind me of Bioware. They haven't got quite the same reputation hit because, well, CP 2077 isn't a flop and there's still a lot to like even with its half-baked systems, but the stories of crunch, devs leaving during development due to management not listening to their concerns, the idea that they had some sort of "magic" that would make everything work at the end, and management seemingly not concerned about major issues with the final product and just putting out PR regarding prev-gen consoles... I have my doubts. They got rich from the game, how much more do they want to really work on it if they can move to something fresh.

• Like 2

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

17 hours ago, Xolvix said:

Now No Man's Sky is quite improved from the original release, but that's because they put actions ahead of words rather than releasing silly PR that we've all seen before but don't trust. CDPR is starting to remind me of Bioware. They haven't got quite the same reputation hit because, well, CP 2077 isn't a flop and there's still a lot to like even with its half-baked systems, but the stories of crunch, devs leaving during development due to management not listening to their concerns, the idea that they had some sort of "magic" that would make everything work at the end, and management seemingly not concerned about major issues with the final product and just putting out PR regarding prev-gen consoles... I have my doubts. They got rich from the game, how much more do they want to really work on it if they can move to something fresh.

This is a very opportune comparison to Bioware. CDPR started game dev with Witcher 1, by competing directly with Bioware. They wanted their game to be more hardcore, for the PC master race. But at the same time they wanted to get rid of the morality dichotomy which was prevalent in most RPG's at the time - good/evil. Moreover, Witcher 1 was made on the Neverwinter Nights 2 engine. So, there is a tragic irony in CDPR becoming Bioware if they don't stop sweeping the rubbish under the rug. CDPR is obligated to update Cyberpunk for free until it becomes the game promised. And then some. At least an Enahnced Edition.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 10:37 AM, STiFU said:

You have approximate quest pointers where you need to go, but no ingame compass, which is good as it encourages you to actually pay attention to your surroundings. That being said, the single-layer map can be sometimes hard to read in those multi-layered areas, especially so because you cannot zoom in the map. Still, you'll find your way around somehow.

Anyway, my personal experience with the game and the game's 85% on metacritic say that it is in fact NOT a good idea NOT to buy it... 😉 

Hello Stifu,

In the meantime, a young fellow from my family finished the game on the PS4.

He reported only minor problems in side missions and thus was frustrated only because he could not win certain trophies...yep, I know what your are thinking, different age group. :)

However, I think I will skip it anyway and I do not feel like buying a PS5.

I've been to Toulouse for a few weeks accompanied only by my old gaming notebook and started the old Tomb Raider games from Core Design. You were right; controls and graphics have not aged well...but these games still offer something I do not find in newer games.

Jac

If thou shalt not release the source code - I will do it myself.

https://gamasutra.com/view/news/377218/Cyberpunk_2077_developer_CD_Projekt_hit_by_targeted_cyber_attack.php

The ransom thing is hitting below the belt though. How can you be so materialistic dude? Very undude. They might as well release the source code for the modders. Another open source initiative discredited. 😭

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

On 2/2/2021 at 8:26 PM, JackFarmer said:

I've been to Toulouse for a few weeks accompanied only by my old gaming notebook and started the old Tomb Raider games from Core Design. You were right; controls and graphics have not aged well...but these games still offer something I do not find in newer games.

I've posted something similar in another forum a few days ago. In my case, it was about Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine though. Those old games simple were unforgiving, didn't hold the player by the hand, and actually made you think, or run around for some time until you understand what to do next. That's in violent contrast to those "movie which plays itself so I don't have to think" video games which are so popular these days.

I think I'll start with Tomb Raider 2 when I finished Indiana Jones. Kind of tasted blood with these old games now. :D

Edited by chakkman

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I gave this game a hard time a few times on this forum (and in this thread), because I didn't care for the Deus Ex comparisons, but, having tried it a few hours, now that I have a PC potent enough, I must say that I'm quite impressed by it. Nice game world and atmosphere, and the stealth is a lot of fun. I'm a bit overwhelmed by how much is going on on screen (just like in a lot of modern games...), but, I really like what I see.

Have to play a bit more to form a final opinion, but, it's much better as I thought it would be. Actually, the first time I played it was on my Xbox One S, shortly after the released, when the game still was in a rough state, and, the way the graphics were scaled down on the Xbox was very bad (everything looked mushy, and... horrible really). I have most on high to max details now, and get 50 to 70 FPS. Quite a heavy game, considering I "only" play in full HD, and have a decent mid tier system.

Edited by chakkman
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I abandoned this early because it seems broken, but just thought I'd ask:

The first hack (not counting the trainer) needs two codes entered, yet it seems impossible to comply. There's a grid about 5 x 5 with codes but as I understand it, you can only select from the highlight row or column. To start, the top row is highlighted. I click the first code, and then its column now highlights. But the second code does not appear in that column so no way to select it. It would make more sense if one could move the highlight row/column at the beginning because then one could calculate which one would permit the sequene.

My main question would be, does this wreck the entire game?

I was playing on PS5 and only downloaded this a few weeks ago and it says there are no further updates.

On 8/10/2022 at 6:54 AM, chakkman said:

I gave this game a hard time a few times on this forum (and in this thread), because I didn't care for the Deus Ex comparisons, but, having tried it a few hours, now that I have a PC potent enough, I must say that I'm quite impressed by it. Nice game world and atmosphere, and the stealth is a lot of fun. I'm a bit overwhelmed by how much is going on on screen (just like in a lot of modern games...), but, I really like what I see.

You're basically me. Despite my initial enthusiasm I didn't have much fun with it at the time of release, but within the last month I gave it another go and was quite impressed. There were a lot of factors that went into my improving my impression though. I have much better hardware now compared to the time of release, and improved FPS and graphical settings is what this game was designed for. Also the current version of the game is a LOT better than at release, and not just due to bug fixes but also quality of life improvements, added features like new apartments and just general polish. Also it has to be said that time away from caring about the hype helped a lot, since I was no longer disappointed from the E3 trailer and impressions about what the game "should" be like, and was better able to judge it without the comparison.

2 hours ago, Fidcal said:

I abandoned this early because it seems broken, but just thought I'd ask:

The first hack (not counting the trainer) needs two codes entered, yet it seems impossible to comply. There's a grid about 5 x 5 with codes but as I understand it, you can only select from the highlight row or column. To start, the top row is highlighted. I click the first code, and then its column now highlights. But the second code does not appear in that column so no way to select it. It would make more sense if one could move the highlight row/column at the beginning because then one could calculate which one would permit the sequene.

My main question would be, does this wreck the entire game?

I was playing on PS5 and only downloaded this a few weeks ago and it says there are no further updates.

So as you've noticed, every time you click a number it changes the range of numbers you can pick from row to column to row to column and so on. The thing is, your cyberdeck will have a buffer of numbers that can be filled in before the hack is terminated, and you can fill in nonsense numbers in that buffer if it means you're able to highlight the row or column you DO need. So for example, if you need to select the full code 55 AE, if the first line you select has a 55 but doesn't have the AE when it changes orientation, just select any other number you can that, when selected, will swap orientation so that the next number you do pick DOES have the AE. Basically, sacrifice numbers so that the row/columns are changed to give you access to the numbers you want. Different cyberdecks have different buffer sizes, which means you have more space to fill with nonsense numbers in order to get the actual parts of the code you want. I hope that makes sense.

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

I'm still misunderstanding this.

The sequence is 1C 55

The top row has 1C on the end.

I click it and it goes into the buffer.

The right column is now highlighted.

I see 55 at bottom left corner so I click the bottom of vertical highlighted column which enters BD into the buffer.

Now the bottom row is highlighted and I can select 55 so it gets added to the buffer leaving: 1C BD 55.

But it fails.

Cyberpunk 2077_20221015075534.jpg