The Dark Mod Forums

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's an RPG with immersive sim elements, so not really GTA. And just because it's not a clone of Deus Ex it doesn't mean it's not a similar type of game.

Deus Ex was supposed to have a mission on the moon, but it was scrapped.

Posted Images

If you make your dick or tits big enough in character creation, can you choke someone to death with your schlong by garroting it around their throat and cutting off their air supply, or crush their skull between your tits?

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Kurshok said:

If you make your dick or tits big enough in character creation, can you choke someone to death with your schlong by garroting it around their throat and cutting off their air supply, or crush their skull between your tits?

Sort of. You can't get that augmentations in character creation. But after leveling up the hacking skill a bit, you can steal the neccessary tech from a medical/military megacorp relatively early. Getting that installed is pretty costly though. And of course that tech is outlawed - so avoid getting scanned...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This game looks rather expensive to make. Still, cyberpunk is one of my favorite sub-genres of science fiction and there's just not enough (good) cyberpunk games/movies out there so I'm quite hopeful this will satisfy that desire. Hell, if nothing else it should hopefully fill that hole that was caused by Deus Ex's lack of a ending to the current series of games.

Edited by Xolvix

Reportedly Witcher 3 cost 81 million USD - that includes development and marketing costs. CP2077 should be considerably more expensive to make.

It's only a model...

On 10/21/2020 at 8:14 AM, Arcturus said:

That site is great. I always knew how Deus Ex was supposed to be larger and more expansive and the realities of game development cut some stuff out, but I'm surprised just how many assets were not only unused but remained within the game files and COULD still have been used if the scripting was modified to incorporate them (particularly audio files like AI barks.)

By far though my favorite "cut content" is one I've known for a while. During the chapter where Paul is hiding in his apartment from UNATCO (which is of course the best place to lay low when people are after you), he asks JC to send a distress signal to Paul's mates so they can avoid being arrested or something. Turns out, there's a hidden conversation that occurs if you progress enough to send the signal but don't actually send it and just go back to Paul:

I like this because they bothered to write, record and integrate the conversation into the main game, even though you can't do much with it since you still have to send the signal to continue. But it's clear there was some intent to have you able to remain at UNATCO, perhaps with a branching path kinda like how Witcher 2 provides two different branching paths at a specific point in the game. So it's "cut content" but it's not sorta.

• Like 1