The Dark Mod Forums

Streaming!

Peder

Hello, I will stream Dark Mod from time to time, I can play your missions or requests, but I have a few selected already I want to try out since I am new to this game, but for sure send me your recommendations! I am not any pro streamer, rather casual, totally fresh! I take it as I go for now :) Thanks to JediWannabe1138 for leading me to this forum! :)

If there is any missions in the style of the bank mission in Thief 2, the size and the security and the many many rooms and treasures, then I would like to try it ?? Also, which missions has rope arrow in it? :)

Cheers! 

Edited by Peder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A wise man once said the best way to say thanks, is to learn Dark Radiant and give back by contributing your own FMs!

If I can do it, you can do it. I’m a caveman who hates technology but in the last month alone I’ve learned a lot and I only have a few hours during the week at night to productively sit down and learn.

William Steele 5: Commerce Bank has a bit of what you are looking for, so I recommend starting with the first one.

As my father used to say, "A grenade a day, keeps the enemy at bay!"

My one FM so far: Paying the Bills: 0 - Moving Day

Ok! I will check those William steele missions, I will play all of them :) Oh I would love to try that engine, but I don't have time unfortunately. Unless I would download it and try it out for fun sometimes, maybe I would get hooked, but we'll see :) But please, tell me about the process sometime how you build those maps. 

11 hours ago, Destined said:

I would recommend the A - Z Beginners guide

Just finished with that one and now I’m about halfway through Springheel’s video series. The hard part I would say is simply restraining yourself until the learning curve is behind you. They literally break it down Barney style 101 and make it so easy. And never be afraid to ask for help. Being afraid to ask for help had me stuck on my first room for six months and the fix was a mere matter of folder structure, talk about dumb. Someone, somewhere has had the problem before and usually already has a solution. And time is never on our side; many of us have kids and full time jobs. I can only invest a couple hours of free time a week sitting in front of my computer and I’m always faced with the predicament: do I play a level, do I learn more about mapping, do I catch up on sleep? So just give it a try and mess around for fun, you might get hooked. Nevertheless, welcome to the forums I hope you have fun streaming!

• Like 2

As my father used to say, "A grenade a day, keeps the enemy at bay!"

My one FM so far: Paying the Bills: 0 - Moving Day

On 6/28/2019 at 8:06 PM, Jedi_Wannabe said:

A wise man once said the best way to say thanks, is to learn Dark Radiant and give back by contributing your own FMs!

If I can do it, you can do it. I’m a caveman who hates technology but in the last month alone I’ve learned a lot and I only have a few hours during the week at night to productively sit down and learn.

The problem here is rather that i'm too damn lazy. :(