The Dark Mod Forums

Hidden Hands: Vitalic Fever 20/07/2019

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hidden Hands: Vitalic Fever Filename : hhvf.pk4 Date of release: 20/07/2019 Latest Version: 2 Download via the in-game downloader or here: http://www.southquarter.com/tdm/fms/

Finished this up last night and enjoyed it for the most part.  Thanks again for all your hard work and look forward to more. 

I just completed Vitalic Fever, which was more complicated than the first. I made a quick walkthrough to remind me how to play it again in the future. I have really enjoyed the Hidden Hands series. 

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

This was a good mission. I love mansion missions.

The upper floors were real hard to navigate because of the lights, the guards, and the narrow hallways. Plus, it was kind of hard even getting into the place. Still, overall I liked the mission a lot.

I had a few issues though.

I couldn't see the gold in my inventory at all. When I pressed N for the next item, it showed empty, as if I hadn't pressed it. Because I couldn't see it, I had no idea how much loot I'd gathered, or if I had the gems needed for one of the objectives. Second, was the attic supposed to be pitch black? Couldn't see a thing until I found the lantern in the basement, and then had to backtrack. Just wondering... Not really an issue, just puzzled if my game was broken...

The story's fascinating. I expected zombies because of the nature of the vitalic stuff, but there was just the one. By the way, is there a way to, um, save or free it? End its miserable existence as a captive?

On 2/18/2020 at 7:01 PM, Summer said:
  Hide contents

Second, was the attic supposed to be pitch black? Couldn't see a thing until I found the lantern in the basement, and then had to backtrack. Just wondering... Not really an issue, just puzzled if my game was broken...

The story's fascinating. I expected zombies because of the nature of the vitalic stuff, but there was just the one. By the way, is there a way to, um, save or free it? End its miserable existence as a captive?

Yes, the pitch black attic was a design decision and there are actually two ways to illuminate it. Apparently, you missed the second possibility, which I did not include deliberately in the first place. :) 

As for the zombie, you should not worry; I looked after him the other day and he is still happy with all the mild vapours that are to increase his body temperature. Although, things might change once the experiments move on! :)

Anyways, thanks for playing and your kind words!

Jack

• 2 months later...

Finished this up last night and enjoyed it for the most part. 

Spoiler

I was a bit lost after going through most of the house except upper floor and not finding a code for the upper door (nor a key to the telescope room lol) I had to come here for some help. My bad I should of looked left when I looked out that window - oops. And I must say, my arachnophobe self took great pleasure in disposing of the spiders in the basement once I got passed freaking out cause my arrows wouldn't kill them. Very clever! lol. One other thing, I wish you had named Gilbert instead of "body". By the time I got to that point I couldn't remember what the person I was looking for looked like lol - again my bad :)

Thanks again for all your hard work and look forward to more. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Spoiler

Wind would refer to the windchimes outside the bar, underneath it on the ground by the post.

Hope that helps. Happy Taffing!

Edited by Jedi_Wannabe
spoiler tags
  • Thanks 1

As my father used to say, "A grenade a day keeps the enemy at bay!"