The Dark Mod Forums

Older Splinter Cell titles available for Xbox One

chakkman

I thought that might be interesting for the one or the other. Ubisoft made the older Splinter Cell's available for Xbox One through the backwards compatibility program: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/store/search/games?q=splinter+cell&devicetype=xbox&SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0

I was especially happy about being able to play Pandora Tomorrow again, which never worked for me again after Windows XP, because the copy protection wasn't compatible from Windows Vista upwards. The old games (Splinter Cell 1 and Pandora Tomorrow) also display shaodws correctly in the Xbox versions, which wasn't the case on PC as well, unless you applied some third party stuff and hacks.

Aw man, even though the co-op campaign was only 6 missions, I dumped countless hours on Chaos Theory.  Actually, all around that game is still my favorite in the series, even down to the soundtrack. Don't think they ever nailed Spies vs Mercs quite like they did here. So much fun.

As my father used to say, "A grenade a day, keeps the enemy at bay!"

My one FM so far: Paying the Bills: 0 - Moving Day

I realized earlier that those games include the great version of Double Agent for the first Xbox... i just bought that as well. I never played it through, only ever played it for a couple of minutes, and read the praise about it. I was very disappointed by the other Double Agent version for PC and Xbox 360, but, this one is supposed to be really nice, and much more in the vein of Chaos Theory, and the first 2 Splinter Cell's. This is sort of like christmas. :) Never expected Ubisoft to do these games for Xbox One.

I had a lot of fun with Double Agent on 360. I didn’t realize it was vastly different on Xbox, I guess I just ignorantly assumed it was merely a downgrade in graphics and physics. While it didn’t feel like Sam’s classic noght romps, I appreciated the branching decisions and the heaviness that Lambert played, and how it lead into the next one. Felt like after that they tried to integrate too much from Hitman and it lost it’s soul.

As my father used to say, "A grenade a day, keeps the enemy at bay!"

My one FM so far: Paying the Bills: 0 - Moving Day

After finishing the first mission, and starting the second, i must say that i'm deeply impressed. :) Could very well become my favorite Splinter Cell, if it continues like that... i never really got warm with the PC and Xbox 360 mission... it's not consistent, it feels incomplete (you don't even know that Fisher's daughter was killed...), and there's too many action time trial moments. So far, the Xbox version feels much more like the earlier parts.