The Dark Mod Forums

Uninstalling

CountMorillonite

To uninstall tdm from your system, just remove the tdm folder.
if you have used my installer, use the uninstaller in the darkmod folder.

if you want to safe your savegames and fms, dont delete the fm folder.
Because your savegamefiles are stored in the save folder in each of the mission folders, inside the fm folder.
So for a fresh install, move the fm-folder and config-folders. And after the install put them back. (but i havent tested this)
And a new update of tdm breaks each savegame file.

A normal tdm installation expanse only files inside the fm folder and some tiny config files in the tdm systemfolder.
The tdm updater can replace/remove/add several big files with bigger/smaller files (and cleans up temporary files after it) 

To solve your free space problem on your disk, use a systemcleaner like ccleaner, to clean the unneeded "software-dust" on your disk
and use a dataanalyser like windirstat to locate huge files.

Edited by freyk

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

I don't remember if I used your installer or not but I can't find any reference to an "uninstaller" anywhere so that suggests I didn't. What I DO have is the darkmod207.zip which I will use to extract all pertinent files in what will be an empty folder (I may name the folder slightly different).

The zip file contains tdm_update.exe as well as the file TheDarkMod64.exe, which for whatever reason disappeared from my computer last week and started my problems. Once installed, I will move the fms Folder to the new install folder and hopefully that will solve my growing issues.

I suppose once installed, I should run the update program to make sure everything is current ?

28 minutes ago, CountMorillonite said:

I don't remember if I used your installer or not but I can't find any reference to an "uninstaller" anywhere so that suggests I didn't. What I DO have is the darkmod207.zip which I will use to extract all pertinent files in what will be an empty folder (I may name the folder slightly different).

The zip file contains tdm_update.exe as well as the file TheDarkMod64.exe, which for whatever reason disappeared from my computer last week and started my problems. Once installed, I will move the fms Folder to the new install folder and hopefully that will solve my growing issues.

I suppose once installed, I should run the update program to make sure everything is current ?

Afaik you can do that or you can also delete all files, minus the tdm_update.exe and the tdm_mirrors.txt and then use the update executable to reinstall the game from the net. 

The Game has returned along with the capability of played in 64bit. But when I try to play certain missions again, I get the following Game Error. I get the same error whether I try in 32bit or the 64 bit version. And I get the same error when I DON'T use any of the saves but attempt a "New Mission". Any ideas whats happening ??

Game Error.JPG

I don't know if This will apply to all missions that I've previously played, but for the one that gave me the above Game Error, I re-downloaded the mission (updated) and it started on the 2nd attempt. The first attempt the game crashed to desktop. Also, my saves were lost, but that was probably due to my upgrade to 2.07 a few months back.

I'm not sure if my issues are totally fixed in other words. I need to test more missions.

But I got my 64bit version back !!

Thanks to everyone who is helping

The error above stems from a specific entity (a numbered wheel for a safe) that was originally designed for a specific mission. If I remeber correctly, this entity was later on made available for the core mod, but the script still had lines that were only applicable for the original mission, but was changed in 2.07. Still, it is an entity that you see from time tot time to cause errors. If it works fine in a later version, it is possible that the script had an error in the previous version, but was fixed by the map author.

• Like 1

I am not sure for which mission the numbers wheel was created. It could also be that it was the other way around: it was made a core asset with the same name, so the required script was removed from the entity and was now missing for the original mission, which had to be updated to fix it. But if it works now, everything is fie, is it not?

EDIT: I just found this thread, where someone had a CTD in one mission with the lock. Apparently it was created for A New Job.

Edited by Destined
Further info

Everything is fine (I think). Right now I'm playing CoS2: A Precarious Position and its performing without issue. But I just downloaded the mission. I need to plow through completed missions to see if anything is misbehaving. I am aware that "Saves" are lost when you upgrade DarkMod, so that problem has an explanation. I'm not sure whether I can play a mission that was completed under 2.07 32bit and have the saves work under 64bit. Not having the Saves accessible is irritating but it doesn't affect play. And so far, the play is fine.

What is CTD ? I'm gonna guess "Crash To Desktop" :unsure: