The Dark Mod Forums

Free games

Carnage

8 hours ago, jaxa said:

100% off on Bomber Crew on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/537800/Bomber_Crew/

Until June 2 at 10 AM

Good game. Just gets repetitive and there's too few randomness. Feels a little empty of content and too focused on instant reaction rather than more slow paced. But it's a casual game in any case. A little too much grinding to actually get better gear and start winning in later more complicated missions. Still by no margin a stupid grindfest like those MMO's out there such as World of Planes or War Thunder.

For some reason, despite the simple graphics it's very performance intensive.

Overall the game is like about U-boats but with planes. One of the few games out there that does bomber planes well without being a simulator.

Completed the main game and enjoyed it very much.

Still, very fun to have only 1 engine and major damage like no gears and still somehow manage to land and not die. I think the game almost nailed the casual vs. simulator line.

I think this premise can work well with some simple parachuting missions or reconnaissance. I think routine tasks for WW2 pilots would probably be about that on some Douglas DC-3 _no_name_ planes. But I guess Bomber Crew is free now because it's not profitable anymore or they need people to buy DLC. I was not very interested in the DLC to be honest.

Edited by Anderson
  • Thanks 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Supraland, the best first person puzzle game of the decade, is free on epic right now. I had a blast playing it a few years back and I am still waiting for the DLC to finally become afordable.

My Steam-Review:
<<This game is so fun! You frequently feel like "is this the intended solution or am I glitching this puzzle?". Brilliant! The mechanics are awesome and open the game up massively towards the end. So many possibilities!>>

• Like 2

A bit different topic since his games are free all the time and not just during giveaway, but do you know of Increpare Games? He's producing a staggering amount of puzzle games, some of which are really smart and really good. Others just funny and stupid. Often the first goal of the game is to understand how it works and what's the goal.

Gestalt OS for example is one of the best puzzle games I've played.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, datiswous said:

That claim link doesn't work

You have to be logged in, you might have to be in certain countries to claim it at all, and you have to interpret the message correctly. "{}" = success. When you refresh it will say "{"message":"Already claimed"}".

The claim box is in the middle of the home page and it will reflect if you have claimed it or not.

Edited by jaxa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, the GOG system to add a Giveaway seems provisionally developed and that can lead to misunderstandings.
Only these brackets appear on a completely black screen, instead of taking you directly to the library to view and download the game, as would be more logical.
On Steam this is better solved, although on steam the problem is that it is very slow to open, which forces you to create a direct access to the game so you don't have to wait for Steam to load first before loading the game, something that can be frustrating with slow connections.
I like Itch.io and DugiPen more at this point, download the game and that's it, Epic is the worst, too intrusive regarding personal data that it also shares with third parties.

PS. A good site to find Giveaways and discounds in the different game stores

https://new.isthereanydeal.com

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

6 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

Yes, the GOG system to add a Giveaway seems provisionally developed and that can lead to misunderstandings.
Only these brackets appear on a completely black screen, instead of taking you directly to the library to view and download the game, as would be more logical.

It is a useful shortcut that I found, it's not how 99% are getting it.

I have the link bookmarked. I can hit it once every day, and I will get giveaways instantly on accident.

It also takes milliseconds to load instead of many seconds for the homepage on my Pi 4.

Edited by jaxa
  • Like 2

The link I put is from the new page, I think it will be the furure valid URL of the old site

https://isthereanydeal.com

Very usefull to find good deals and giveaways from all stores out there.

• Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉