The Dark Mod Forums

Free games

Carnage

• Like 2

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

2 hours ago, Anderson said:

I just open this link: https://www.gog.com/giveaway/claim every day while logged in to GOG and I automatically grabbed it just before I read your post.

It shows as:

{"message":"Already claimed"} if you already got it

{"message":"Giveaway has ended"} or something like that in between giveaways, or

{} for successfully getting it.

Edited by jaxa

9 minutes ago, jaxa said:

I just open this link: https://www.gog.com/giveaway/claim every day while logged in to GOG and I automatically grabbed it just before I read your post.

It shows as:

{"message":"Already claimed"} if you already got it

{"message":"Giveaway has ended"} or something like that in between giveaways, or

{} for successfully getting it.

Wow. Thank you kindly jaxa.

Can this link be inserted into OP? Very handy!

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

badge?user=andarson

• 1 month later...

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

ABZU is on Epic Store. It's a relaxing diving game. As a scubadiver myself, I found it quite nice, but generally, it's not too engaging. When you're feeling down, sick or hung-over, this game is definitely a nice change of pace. 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Carnage changed the title to Free games
On 10/20/2020 at 6:50 PM, jaxa said:

Why doesn't this work with Epic Store? www.epicgames.com/giveaway/claim www.epicgames.com/giveaway/givemefreegameznao

• Haha 1

badge?user=andarson

Kingdom is free on Humble Store. You can activate a cd-key on Steam.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/kingdom-classic-free-game#checkout-section

badge?user=andarson

• 1 month later...
  • Like 1

badge?user=andarson

My wife likes a lot Eternium, a  nice Old School single RPG. It is free, with different purchase options in the menu, but it is only cosmetic and not necessary to play and advance in the game.

PC and it is also optimized for play in the Phone /Tablet with gestures

Trailer/gameplay

Windows Store - App Store iOS -Google Play

Web https://www.eterniumgame.com

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

3 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

My wife likes a lot Eternium, a  nice Old School single RPG. It is free, with different purchase options in the menu, but it is only cosmetic and not necessary to play and advance in the game.

PC and it is also optimized for play in the Phone /Tablet with gestures

Trailer/gameplay

Windows Store - App Store iOS -Google Play

Web https://www.eterniumgame.com

Looks like Magicka (2011) from Paradox Interactive.

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson

A separate curiosity about a game where you least expect it. The Vivaldi browser contains an 80s-style platform game, Vivaldia, for those who like to relax in between in their spare time.

hE8888F.png

P.S. The Dark Mod is also recommended in the Vivaldi support forum

https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/10820/the-dark-mod-2-0-standalone?_=1607505116126 

(Nice community)

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

55 minutes ago, STiFU said:

Is there some newsletter so you get notified about free stuff from humble bundle? I only get mails from them for regular bundles etc.

Anyway, good game. Definitely go get it, everyone.

I don't know, but I know some good free games

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1389630/High_Entropy_Challenges/ (A litle bit like the Dark Mod, Stealth, Lockpicking, crawl through vents,etc.)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/965200/Walking_Zombie_2/

Nice FPS, comic style

Back on Vivaldi, a threat with freebies and Giveaways

https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/43383/commercial-freebies-and-givaways (the first two are from there)

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 11:20 AM, STiFU said:

Is there some newsletter so you get notified about free stuff from humble bundle? I only get mails from them for regular bundles etc.

Anyway, good game. Definitely go get it, everyone.

I also have the regular newsletter from humbelbundle active and got a mail about Seven. Maybe you have a spam filter that blocks these kind of mails due to certain words in the headeline? The mail in question was called "Get Seven: Enhanced Edition for FREE & Save up to 90% in our sales!"

• Like 1

Also a good source for free games is the official academy DigiPen page. They regularly give you the best games from their students for their free download. There are hundreds of games of any genre, all very original. 
Among them the game Narbucular Drop, precursor of the game Portal, which was created by these students after graduating and being hired by Valve.

https://games.digipen.edu

F.Example this one https://www.digipen.edu/showcase/student-games/excalibots

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Destined said:

Just saw this post on 9gag. I have not checked, if it is true (because I still refrain from getting Epic Games), but it might be interesting for some of you:

https://9gag.com/gag/amvjq2j

They did that last year too, giving away a game each day. Those titles look awfully recent, though'. So, not sure if that list is legit. In the Epic Launcher, the games are not yet revealed.

• Like 1