The Dark Mod Forums

Looking for a particular fan mission

Kaydo

Greetings all,

I've been playing The Dark Mod sporadicaly over the last years, enjoying my experience with the game and the awesome missions done by people.

Now, i'm trying to get my hands on a particular mission i played 2 years ago i think. The problem is that i don't remember the title, nor the author (shame on me). Also, my computer crashed, so i had to download TDM from fresh, erasing the missions i had already played. So i'm unable to see which one i've already played when i start the game.

If someone can help me retrieve this mission, i'd be very gratefull ! It's not much, but i remember having a good time with it, and i'de like to revive that.

Here is what i remember :

- this is a multi mission type. The first one is a classic city rob. The second, mainly outside is more an atmospheric one.

- the first one, you navigate between several buildings. At one point, i remember struggling with an enigma to find a code. The enigma was based on a painting which displayed an execution. To find the code, it was necessary to find how many people were attending the execution, how many people died, etc.

- Still in the first mission, you'd also enter a merchant suite, only to find his corpse on a bed. If you were to steal something from his room, a sort of lich would appear in the living room (that was creepy).

- At the end of this mission, you had to flee in the sewers, pursued by something emitting a red glowing light. In the end, you are introduced to some sort of higher spirit.

- The second mission was very different, much more of an atmospheric one. You had to navigate in a forgotten city, trying to understand what caused the death of everyone here and escaping the red glowing thing from the first episode.

I'm sorry if it's just a bunch of unrelated clues but memories are like that. I tried looking several TDM missions, replaying also some of the great titles but i cannot find this one.

Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks in advance and happy new year to anyone brave enough to read all of this.

Edited by Kaydo

I think you are looking for Airship Ballet's "Thief's Remorse"?

https://www.thedarkmod.com/missiondetails/?id=97

Hmm... now that I think of it, this resembles Moonbo's "Requiem" more than that mission:

https://www.thedarkmod.com/missiondetails/?id=76

Hmm...

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I am pretty positive it is

The Accountant II

@nbohr1more

This is from the relevant thread, I have highlighted one important sentence:

4-digit combination for the jeweler's goods.

I have read the note on the desk, I have eyed the painting in the sleeping room.

I tried combinations that seemed to make sense.

I researched the painting, it's painter, and a bit of English history.

I feel the problem is ambiguous: "People that died that day" - it would be ONE on the painting, but it would be TWO

historically, because not only the woman, but also her husband were executed that day.

I contemplated the other four hints in the picture and historical context under different aspects, and failed miserably.

I am probably outrageously over-thinking the whole thing, but one fact remains: I fail to open the display tubes for the jewelry.

Help!

Edited by JackFarmer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi again,

you're right, this is the Accountant II ! I was lost because i'd never though it would be a "n°2" something

I also played Thief's Remorse and Requiem back in the days, those were also very great missions.

Thanks a lot guys, very quick and efficient. Now i have a pleasant evening to come 😁

Edited by Kaydo
  • Like 1