The Dark Mod Forums

View Stealth Score during gameplay?

kcghost

On 12/8/2022 at 2:31 PM, Dragofer said:

Looking at that mission, its ghosting objectives checks for:

1) no AI alerted to level 2 or higher (should correspond to standing still for a moment)

2) no AI on team 1, 2 or 5 KOed (default: Builders, guards, neutral street people).

@Araneidae do you remember whether you KOed anyone in that run of CoS0? That could explain the failed stealth objective, otherwise it may be a core bug.

37 minutes ago, Dragofer said:

@Araneidae do you remember whether you KOed anyone in that run of CoS0? That could explain the failed stealth objective, otherwise it may be a core bug.

Definitely not!  I was trying for my best stab at "perfect ghost"; as remarked in another thread guess I'll see what 2.11beta2 looks like, will revisit CoS when this drops.

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2020 at 6:17 PM, kcghost said:

I found a new strategy for displaying the stealth stats that some may prefer. The attached addon (just drag into the darkmod folder) overrides the loot inventory gui and associated script.

tdm_loot_stealth_stats.pk4 6.15 kB · 61 downloads

Any reason this attachment is no longer available? I thought it was because TDM god updated, but I can confirm this still works on 2.11.

4 hours ago, marbleman said:

Any reason this attachment is no longer available? I thought it was because TDM god updated, but I can confirm this still works on 2.11.

Its still available, but you have to be logged in to download forum attachments.

• 3 months later...

@Dragofer does your version work in 2.12? I'm confused about what to download. I tried one z_addon_stealth_statistic_2_07.pk4 that I found somewhere in this thread, but it didn't work. 

I tried out @kcghost's version (it works on 2.12), but I found that it interferes too much with my usage of inventory items, so I'd like to try out yours to see if it's more comfortable to use. I think I've seen a youtuber use it before.

Edited by Skaruts

My FMs: By The Cookbook

7 hours ago, Skaruts said:

but I found that it interferes too much with my usage of inventory items

I don't understand the relation of these 2, afaik it doesn't interfere with the inventory at all. Or do you mean the removal of the loot from that screen? Hmm, I wonder if it could be improved..

I don't know which versions exactly you are talking about, but in my patch I use Dragofer's Statistics Scrolls, which does not replace anything in the inventory but is an additional item. I haven't tested it on 2.12 yet but I wouldn't know why it shouldn't work anymore...

I'm using the version from kcghost. I just tested and I can't see any difference inside the inventory. On the stats itself it doesn't show the different loot types (still seen in the inventory), but instead gives more info on stealth score.

Edit:

I see Dragofer made an updated version of his script. I have to check that out.

Edit2: That version works: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=21272&key=02755164a3bed10498683771fe9a0453

Spoiler

Edited by datiswous

2 hours ago, datiswous said:

I don't understand the relation of these 2, afaik it doesn't interfere with the inventory at all. Or do you mean the removal of the loot from that screen? Hmm, I wonder if it could be improved..

The stats are an item in the inventory, so each time I pick something up I have to switch back to the stats (I've bound it to a key, but still...). Each time I need to use or drop something, like a key, I can't be monitoring the stats. And again, I keep having to switch back and forth. It's not ideal, at least to me. 

sk_cooks (2023-06-06 13-25-18) (266.26 -566.4 -249.64).jpg

The other version, which I think is dragofer's, that I've seen on youtube, is a paper message thing on the top left. I don't know exactly how it works, but I'd like to try it out.

Edited by Skaruts

2 hours ago, wesp5 said:

I don't know which versions exactly you are talking about, but in my patch I use Dragofer's Statistics Scrolls, which does not replace anything in the inventory but is an additional item. I haven't tested it on 2.12 yet but I wouldn't know why it shouldn't work anymore...

What patch is that?

Sorry, I'm very unaware of non-vanilla TDM stuff, so I really have no idea what exists, aside from the FMs. 

That sounds like the stats tool I was asking for, though.

Edited by Skaruts

14 hours ago, Skaruts said:

@Dragofer does your version work in 2.12? I'm confused about what to download. I tried one z_addon_stealth_statistic_2_07.pk4 that I found somewhere in this thread, but it didn't work. 

I tried out @kcghost's version (it works on 2.12), but I found that it interferes too much with my usage of inventory items, so I'd like to try out yours to see if it's more comfortable to use. I think I've seen a youtuber use it before.

As the file name implies it's for v2.07, which was the last TDM version before a hook for custom user addons was added. It therefore overwrites the main TDM script file with a version from 2.07, which means several newer missions won't work anymore.

It looks like I made an updated version that should be compatible with all 2.08+ TDM versions, as per datiswous' post. Practically it's an inventory item that triggers a GUI message popup whenever you activate it in your inventory.

6 hours ago, Skaruts said:

The stats are an item in the inventory, so each time I pick something up I have to switch back to the stats (I've bound it to a key, but still...). Each time I need to use or drop something, like a key, I can't be monitoring the stats. And again, I keep having to switch back and forth. It's not ideal, at least to me.

If you are looking for something that is always present, such as the FPS counter, I am afraid such thing doesn't exist.

The TDM Modpack includes yet another take on the stealth stats / score, but I don't think it will fulfill your demand.

TDM Modpack 4.0

15 hours ago, Dragofer said:

As the file name implies it's for v2.07, which was the last TDM version before a hook for custom user addons was added. It therefore overwrites the main TDM script file with a version from 2.07, which means several newer missions won't work anymore.

It looks like I made an updated version that should be compatible with all 2.08+ TDM versions, as per datiswous' post. Practically it's an inventory item that triggers a GUI message popup whenever you activate it in your inventory.

No the updated version I linked to is an update to Kcghost's version that you altered. Let's not confuse things.

19 hours ago, Skaruts said:

Each time I need to use or drop something, like a key, I can't be monitoring the stats. And again, I keep having to switch back and forth. It's not ideal, at least to me. 

I agree, but never thought of this. Maybe it's possible to put permanent stats somewhere via a new plugin..

16 hours ago, Dragofer said:

On 2/26/2020 at 9:19 PM, wesp5 said:

No, I just included Dragofer's item which displays the current score.

If your version is still based on Dragofer's version, does this not give problems with newer tdm versions?

Edited by datiswous

1 hour ago, datiswous said:

If your version is still based on Dragofer's version, does this not give problems with newer tdm versions?

It is still based on his early version as I think it fits better to the style of TDM and it works fine with 2.11!