The Dark Mod Forums

Uploaded to V.R.: What games would you choose?

Kurshok

Let's say, hypothetically, your body was mangled in an accident. But, by stroke of luck, Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk or someone decides YOU are the lucky bastard that they'll spend high-tech charity on. They can remove your brain and put it in an immobile canister to keep you alive, with a face screen to see out of. You can still talk to visiting family or watch T.V., but that gets boring. So Elon/Jeff/Smartypants Whoever decides to give your life machine a great upgrade: You are able to have video games uploaded as actual Virtual Reality worlds you can inhabit. So, what games would you guys choose if you had such an option to live in them? Personally? I would choose the original spyro trilogy, probably reignited for the better graphics, followed by the original Thief trilogy, the 2014 Thief, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Gex 3 Deep Cover Gecko, the Sly Cooper series, the inFamous series but especially Festival of Blood, Borderlands series especially Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, the Uncharted series, Left 4 Dead and Half Life 2, Vermintide series, Resident Evil series because I'd love to own a badass mansion full of monsters, the House of the Dead Overkill, Starcraft Warcraft and Diablo series, the Ratchet and Clank series, Elder Scrolls series, Fallout series, I'd love to live in these worlds as long as I wasn't in danger of actually dying. At least as long as I'm not stuck without any actual human interaction, it would be cool!

• 3 years later...
On 2/1/2023 at 1:59 PM, mbarkeng said:

I understand the frustration of not being able to hear others in an online game, especially when you're trying to play with friends. Have you tried checking your audio settings or updating your drivers? If not, those might be worth a shot. If you're still having trouble, skycoach.gg might be able to help. They offer a variety of services for online games, and their team is full of experienced players who could potentially provide some assistance. Just keep in mind that this is just a suggestion, and I can't personally vouch for their services. I hope this helps, and good luck getting back to playing with your squad!

Eh, what? I don't think this has anything to do with that. I'm just doing a thought experiment of which video game world maps you would like to turn into "digital houses" to inhabit if you were crippled and relied on Virtual Reality to simulate going to different places. Like those V.R. Trick or Treating simulators they do for kids in the hospital.

I would build TDM levels that I let as much as possible people beta test (never finishing), but I change things per beta tester to confuse people and new versions add frustrating elements like traps and limited autosaves (an autosave every time you get damage or get spotted).

Not because I am evil, but because of my braintransplantation I gathered a disconnect with pleasent social behaviour..

Your mission it is to end this by knocking out (there's a no kill requirement of course) the bad mission builder and throw him in the water (what happens after is not your fault). To do this you have to find the holy blackjack. It was lost though, so you have to get back in time somehow and steal this holy symbol (where have you heard this before?).

Spoiler

There's a year 2000+ horror game with a similar objective.

Edited by datiswous

On 2/14/2020 at 3:37 AM, Kurshok said:

Let's say, hypothetically, your body was mangled in an accident. But, by stroke of luck, Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk or someone decides YOU are the lucky bastard that they'll spend high-tech charity on. They can remove your brain and put it in an immobile canister to keep you alive, with a face screen to see out of. You can still talk to visiting family or watch T.V., but that gets boring. So Elon/Jeff/Smartypants Whoever decides to give your life machine a great upgrade: You are able to have video games uploaded as actual Virtual Reality worlds you can inhabit. So, what games would you guys choose if you had such an option to live in them?

I don't have such a wild imagination. ;)