The Dark Mod Forums

Doom Eternal / id Tech 7

jaxa

2 hours ago, Destined said:

The same is true for length. I rather play a great but short game than a mediocre (or right now even good) game that requires me to play it for 100s of hours. The ingame chores for gamelength sake that peter_spy mentioned make it even worse. I often have completionist tendencies, which I have to actively repress in these cases.

Funny you should mention that, I just uninstalled Rise of Tomb Raider because of this. At 18-hour mark I was like "Wrap this up already! You have nothing more to say, you just want me to get caught up in collecting stuff!" :D

Edited by peter_spy

2 hours ago, peter_spy said:

Funny you should mention that, I just uninstalled Rise of Tomb Raider because of this. At 18-hour mark I was like "Wrap this up already! You have nothing more to say, you just want me to get caught up in collecting stuff!" :D

Then I would highly advise against also giving Shadow of the Tomb Raider a shot!! I ended up skipping all optional content, even though I had the definitive edition with all DLCs.

• Thanks 1

I've replayed Dark Souls 1 through probably 20 times now, using different builds. It's never been as magical as the 1st playthrough though, but still more than enjoyable.

On the other hand, I've replayed Thief 1/2/TDM hundreds of times now, and I've never recaptured that Thief 1 sneaking into Baffords from the basement, "Inside at last!" and they you hear that synth drone, omg the shivers I got, I was terrified.
Playing the levels also took forever, I remember my in game play time for The Lost City was 6.5 hours spread over the course of days.

I was also 16 at the time and still pretty new to the gaming thing, I only made my own computer when I was 14 I think, played things like Warcraft 2 and FFVII on my brothers computer. Played a ton of Wing Commander on my Dad's computer and some racing games, a few adventure games like Indiana Jones and Another World, but that's about it.

We weren't allowed to play games like shooters, we didn't even have a TV until I was about 8 years old.

Like Destined mentioned, I also tend to want to 100% levels (Not Achievements), and if any of you have watched my Shadow Warrior 2 playthroughs on Twitch, I usually wander around maps and immediately go the opposite direction of where the minimap tells me to go. So some of these games take me a long time.

Then again, I've "played" through Dear Esther 5 times at least.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Will test Doom Eternal  in some hours :D (acquired for 35 euros on GMG )

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Have fun man, it will be one hell of a ride!! 😉 Just for reference, the game can be finished at 100% in less than 2.5 hours on highest difficulty with permadeath, so I expect you to be done in let's say 4 hours, ok?! ;D