The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
grayman

Feather Duster Request

Could one of you clever modelers make a feather duster that a maid could carry around with her?

duster.jpg.b76c154fd3d2ba475c6cb93af706a49e.jpg

It doesn't need to be so fluffy, just give the impression that feathers are there.

Thanks!

• Like 2

I'm not doing any modelling atm, but maybe Peterspy or Epifire could help?  Don't know how often they read the forums, but they're active on Discord.

20 hours ago, grayman said:

No takers, eh?

I did see your post when you first posted it, but I have 0 modelling skill so I didn't post anything.

But I know we do have some skilled modelers such as @Epifire @kingsal @Arcturus @peter_spy who might be kind enough to pop in and offer their skills?

If you don't care too much about quality, I could do something quick and dirty tomorrow.

Sorry I'm not near as active on the forums these days since pursuing the portfolio again but this could be quickly whipped up I think.

If anything I'd just need to get a suitable material for the feathery parts to look... feathery. If Springheel provides a model, obviously we shouldn't need two but in the case that cannot be done I'm sure I could come up with something.

You need a model? Epi does you a model.

Toss me a PM I promise I don't bite.

Alright, so here's the first pass. If you want it more dense with feathers I can add in more. The lighting is a bit harsh but I'm kinda running into the limitations of our lack in subsurface scattering. Or soft alpha filtering.

Let me know what you think, it's super simple but I figured was about the detail you'd need. NOTE: it's only static so it'll need a collision hull treatment if you want it to be player-chuckable...

0HflFVp.jpg

• Like 3

That looks great as is!

An AI will carry this around. I don't intend for it to be frobable by the player.

• Like 1

feather_duster_001.zip

Okay, it's super lightweight as I didn't wanna kill the budget for a tiny carry-able but I think it'll do the trick. Give me a holler if something is up and I'll try to take a look at it! 

• Like 1

Looks good in-game. I have a maid who's walking around dusting things, and it works perfectly.

Thanks!

• Like 1