The Dark Mod Forums

[2.08] New Monster Characters

Dragofer

1 hour ago, STiFU said:

Just FYI, your text is all black, which doesn't work so well in the dark theme.

Sorry, but it seems to work for me. I use the dark theme of the forum and I'm on Mozilla Firefox. What browser do you use?

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help but congratulate the team once more on their phenomenal work and effort! Wanted everyone in the team to know I really appreciate every bit of work they've been doing for this project, even when I thought it couldn't get all that better compared to how much it already is ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful work and congratulations ! :D

Seems I'll have to update the wiki. :)

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 5:25 AM, Dragofer said:

@STiFU thanks for pointing it out, I've fixed it. It seems the new forums don't really like text getting copy-pasted in.

Tip o-the-day for these problems. Keep a text editor or desktop sticky notes widget open and paste the text there first (unformatted, if given the option when pasting), then re-copy to paste to forums.

• Like 1

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

• 4 months later...

I already forgot the cool idle animations and barks! :)

https://streamable.com/qtfh9y

The ground patches are not monsterclipped till now, yet the beasts navigate on them as if they had been doing so since the dawn of men!

I am afraid they will most probably not make it into B&M (they simply do not fit with the storyline and I don't feel like doing another XL mission so shortly after HHTLC), but I`ll surely use them in the future.

Thank you for your hard work! @Dragofer@kingsal

• Like 1

Hey awesome, hope you get a chance to use them!

AI will kind of path over some patches, but just a heads up if the angles get too steep or jagged they won't like it and you'll have to use some monster clip brushes.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kingsal said:

Hey awesome, hope you get a chance to use them!

AI will kind of path over some patches, but just a heads up if the angles get too steep or jagged they won't like it and you'll have to use some monster clip brushes.  

Noted, I will look into that when necessary, thank you.

How long did you work on the manbeast? That must have been a hell of a lot of work.

• Like 1