The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Painter’s Wife v1.2 by Fractured Glass Company (2020/07/01)

Dragofer

Wow, that's quite a surprise. I was hoping to get my mission rolled out to help out with this beta a bit before release, but you beat me to it! 😆 Congrats to the entire team! Will definitely have to play the final version of this!

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

The updater runs and shows 2.08 version availiable but after updating and restarting my version is still 2.07. Any ideas?

edit: ok found a new updated "update.exe" file that did the trick.

Now i can not adjust gamma?

edit2: ok gamma works in game but not in start screen

Edited by kin

Congratulations to the entire team for a fantastic achievement! I did a small amount of beta testing on this, and I have to say that it was one of the best thieving experiences I've had in years. The geometry/geography is amazing, the story and gameplay flow is excellent. Brilliant stuff.

• Thanks 1

Help needed, please! Whenever I try to load the mission, it crashes to desktop. Dark mod is 2.08, and the intro plays perfectly, but when I click ‘start’ the ‘creating the world’ bar only progresses about a quarter of the way, then crashes to desktop. I tried playing other fms and they still work okay. Any suggestions? Thank you!

46 minutes ago, Hotlyx said:

Help needed, please! Whenever I try to load the mission, it crashes to desktop. Dark mod is 2.08, and the intro plays perfectly, but when I click ‘start’ the ‘creating the world’ bar only progresses about a quarter of the way, then crashes to desktop. I tried playing other fms and they still work okay. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Are you using the 64-bit executable?

Please post your Darkmod.cfg

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

44 minutes ago, Hotlyx said:

I can’t open the cfg file to post it. My Alienware computer is 64 bit. The dark mod screen reads version TDM 2.08/32

There should be a "TheDarkModx64.exe" file in your darkmod directory too.

• Like 2

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Hello, I have same crash as Hotlyx, crashing when progress bar is at 25%.

I can't use TheDarkModx64.exe because my OS is Win7 32bits.

Here's logfile+darkmod.cfg

qconsole.logdarkmod.cfg

I've also generated a dumpfile but size is 65Mo. Tell me if I should post it.

Wow - my dearest congrats on releasing this what seems to be a really huge project. Respect for bringing this to the finish line. I can't wait to play this - great work everyone! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Thanks for all the congratulatory messages!

@Apiai a new direct download link has been added to the bottom of the release post to a version that should run on the 32-bit client. One or the other fairly expensive area has been removed from that version, but otherwise it should be identical. Please let us know if it works.

• Like 1

This larger-than-life :D fm makes me think about some things:

1) to remaster/rework to these new high quality standards another "community-wide effort" as a flagship FM for TDM: "Crucible of Omens: Behind Closed Doors"  (you know, the ghosts of the lost campaigns return chasing the taffers! 😛 )

1.1) to "join" other campaign fms in one single fm (now it's possibile thanks to TDM technical evolution) when a temporally contiguous setting (read: the same day/night) is properly possible

2) to create a campaign playlist ( https://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Fan_Mission_Series ) directly in the downloader

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Congratulations on the release, this is such an amazing mission. The map is top notch - as per Thief series - this map really makes "rooftops are thiefs highway" true.

BTW, in the little torture room, there is a spot where you can fall though the floor/ textures.

Overall i am very impressed, and it would be nice to see this turn into a campaign as the map has so much potential.

Edited by swillz_
is in the edit

It's great, but, I'm almost a bit beat up by the size... especially when you have a bit of OCD like me, and always try to explore everything. Lots of stuff going on vertically, and, I'm 2 or 3 hours in, and haven't even touched the ground yet... a bit overwhelmed, TBH. Would have been material for 2 or 3 maps.

I've already been to 1 or 2 places where I can activate something, but, I have no idea how. Not so good.

Edited by chakkman