The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Painter’s Wife v1.2 by Fractured Glass Company (2020/07/01)

Dragofer

1 hour ago, Acolytesix said:

Ok guys I need you to give me a direct spoil! The chapel,

Reveal hidden contents

in the sewers,

where is it? It's my last objective & is driving me CRAZY. I've been on all levels of

Reveal hidden contents

sewer...

To quote bikerdude:

Its below the Pump House off Bridge st, south of Market square. (directly below the assassins small apartment).

You can get into the sewer section from several ways -

1. from the pump house on Bridge St.
2. from the sewer cistern, which itself has 3 ingress points (thieves hideout, north sewers and east sewers)
3. via the vent in the maintenance room off Arch Way.
4. via the vent from the gambling den

• Like 1

Spoiler

17 hours ago, Dragofer said:

Sorry for the delayed response - looks like there might be a gap in the objectives logic.

That objective appears when you enter Marlow's area in his mansion and should complete when you find his 4th letter in the same area (that's the lead). It looks to me like you went to his chambers, but didn't find the 4th letter and ended up completing all the other objectives without that clue.

Thanks @Dragofer

Spoiler

I went back to his chambers, and found the 4th letter, which triggered the non-lethal objective, and so I was able to finish the mission :)

I believe that maybe this objective about the lead should be something like "Find criminal evidence against Marlow" or similar, as that seems to fit better, and would avoid confusion to those weirdos like me who find the assassin's book first :P 

But anyways, congratulations to you and the team (again) for this epic and beautiful mission!

Edited by darksilence
  • Like 2

The Dark Mod Database: https://tdmdb.com

• 2 weeks later...

How do I discourage the assassin from carrying out her job? Killing or knocking her out doesn't work and I could not find anything in the hideout like a note to warn her with or even weapons to take away to prevent her from using it for the hit. 

21 minutes ago, maxrenn8 said:

How do I discourage the assassin from carrying out her job? Killing or knocking her out doesn't work and I could not find anything in the hideout like a note to warn her with or even weapons to take away to prevent her from using it for the hit. 

You can do it non-violently by taking away her gear:

1) the bow, blackjack etc. on the upper floor next to the bed

2) the lockpicks, compass etc. on the kitchen table

Or KO her and leave a warning note next to her bed by frobbing the blank sheet that's lying there.

You can also leave a note without KOing, just after taking away the gear. The text is different depending on what you do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dragofer said:

You can do it non-violently by taking away her gear:

1) the bow, blackjack etc. on the upper floor next to the bed

2) the lockpicks, compass etc. on the kitchen table

Or KO her and leave a warning note next to her bed by frobbing the blank sheet that's lying there.

You can also leave a note without KOing, just after taking away the gear. The text is different depending on what you do.

I did not see any upper floor where the weapons could be stored nor did I see the other items on the kitchen table. There was also no blank sheet I could frob next to the bed. What difficulty setting are you playing on ? Mine is on the maximum difficulty setting.

Edited by maxrenn8

@maxrenn8
It's strange that you see none of the things I mentioned at that location. The bow/weapons for example are along the wall at the assassin's bed and the empty page is right next to all that.

If you attach a savegame and say what version of TDM and the FM you're on I could look at what's going on there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dragofer said:

@maxrenn8
It's strange that you see none of the things I mentioned at that location. The bow/weapons for example are along the wall at the assassin's bed and the empty page is right next to all that.

If you attach a savegame and say what version of TDM and the FM you're on I could look at what's going on there.

Using Dark Mod version 2.09 , Painter's Wife version 1.1 The savegame file is over 8000kb so cannot attach that but I will try to send screen capture.

Edited by maxrenn8

@maxrenn8 Ah, that's the leader of a gang of thieves in the sewers. The assassin lives in a different part of the map, roughly northeast of the Bell Tower on Upper Street. She's in a 2-story apartment with mushrooms growing outside the window.

And no, you can't go to the very top of the Bell Tower. We would've liked to make that possible, but you can't make something that high accessible without resulting in a major performance drop in the whole neighbourhood since you'd see a lot of the map at once.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheUnbeholden said:

Isn't the Painters Wife now upto version 3 according to the ingame mission downloader?

Internally the downloader can only work with integers, so v1.1 = v2 and v1.2 (current) = v3.

If the archive is 175 MB instead of 500+ it's the current version.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the best TDM missions I've played so far. It took me three days to beat and felt like a massive accomplisment when I finally finished it, and I've already replayed it to try and get the remaining loot. Speaking of which, I'm missing 1 gold, which I'm sure is a lone coin somewhere. Can anyone give me a hint to where it may be?

@marbleman
bikerdude wagers a guess that you missed the coin on a small tower on Mirkway St. near some pipes, on the window sill. If it's not that, you might need to use the tdm_show_loot console command to briefly how where it is.

Glad to hear you liked the mission thus! If I'm not mistaken, this may be the first known case of someone finding all the loot.

I've already found that one. :)

I know about that command but I'd rather not use it if I can find everything myself, and I'm pretty sure I can. I'll do another sweep of this mission later, but hints are still welcome.

Edited by marbleman

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...