The Dark Mod Forums

Issues in 2.08 final

wesp5

6 hours ago, joebarnin said:

Looks like I need to fix my "Mission of Mercy" FM. It is broken now - I guess I didn't see that notification.

Is this a mission where you have to enter a deposit room at a bank? Because I remember having the same issue there! Also it probably can't be fixed for everybody as the affected doors might be different.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 4:00 PM, duzenko said:

No idea then

Surprise, it happens in ioRTCW too !  ( https://github.com/iortcw/iortcw )

So it's driver-side......

I load a savegame and got 40 FPS. Look around -> 60 FPS (no vsync enabled) -> Wait some time -> 40 FPS  again!

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

54 FPS -> 39 FPS after a savegame load.....man, NV OGL driver is behaving erratic :D

The scene is the same (no moving around, no turning around)

io-Wolf-SP-x64-2020-09-04-09-20-47-664.j

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Found the culprit!

The G-Sync.....

Disabling it problem got solved in TDM too!

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 3

On 9/1/2020 at 4:08 AM, wesp5 said:

Couldn't this be fixed for all missions by readding numberwheel_lock.script with the changes you added?

To be honest, removing the "unlock on open" feature sounds like better idea.

If it is possible to create custom scripts which make doors openable with it enabled but not openable with it disabled, then it is the only way to go.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Taquito. said:

Hey y'all. My missions are not appearing in the mission page. I can see them in the fms folder but the game is not recognizing any of them including the ones in the game.  I downloaded a few and nothing. 😕

What folder path did you install TDM to?

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 1 month later...

Not sure how to best explain this one, but I just fired up 2.08 for the first time, and I'm getting visual overlays that shouldn't be there. If I look in the direction of a fire, I'll get streaks of flame effects across my screen, or if I equip a water arrow, my screen will get a rippling water effect. There are other similar problems, but I'm sure you get the point.

This happened in the first mission I tried, so I loaded up a mission I had completed with 2.07 without issue last year, and had the same problems this time. My hardware hasn't changed in the last year, so an issue with 2.08 seems likely.

tdm2.08bug.jpg

Edited by dinochow
added a screenshot
  • Like 1

This would have been an upgraded version, not a clean install. And I likely used the stand alone upgrade, rather than using the updater.

I tried deleting the GLprogs folder and ran the updater, and was told I needed to download 1.6GB, which is more than my bandwidth can handle at the moment. I do however have all the installation files tucked away exactly for moments like this, so I'll try a clean install momentarily.

And as an aside, this reminded me of a problem I had with Doom 3 RoE that was solved by disabling AA. Thinking this might be an engine problem, I tried disabling AA on TDM, but that did nothing.

Update: A clean install seems to have solved the problem. Doesn't really narrow down what the problem was, but at least there is a solution.

Edited by dinochow
  • Like 2

Yeah, deleting GLprogs folder should not be 1.6GBs. Mine is 400KBs.

More than likely one of the archives needed to be freshly downloaded. When your run the updater, it has a log that shows which archives fail to match and will be redownloaded.

• Like 1

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

I tried copying the GLprogs folder from the clean install into the old busted install, but that made no difference.

I'm not going to muck about with it any more at this point, since the clean install works, but I should have better internet next month so I can try and fiddle with things then if there is any interest in me trying to narrow down the problem.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 4:52 AM, dinochow said:

I'm not going to muck about with it any more at this point, since the clean install works, but I should have better internet next month so I can try and fiddle with things then if there is any interest in me trying to narrow down the problem.

I guess it was darkmod.cfg retained from the previous version. It is best idea to delete it on any version change in case of any issues.

I have even added a button to the new installer for it. I wonder if we should just rename the config file by default to something like darkmod_old5.cfg.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 8:33 AM, AluminumHaste said:

Was this a clean install or upgrade?

EDIT: Try deleting your GLprogs folder and running the updater again.

Maybe delete your config file also.

Did you ever try deleting the darkmod.cfg file in your broken install?

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

• 4 weeks later...