The Dark Mod Forums

Save Games No Longer Work

It's been a while since I've played Dark Mod FM's and now I'm realizing that all of my save's, regardless of Fan Mission, doesn't load and boots me to the beginning. I haven't changed my computer in any way, other than updates to Win 10. No video card change, no change in hard drive, nothing. Version 2.07 / 64. Any help would be appreciated.

Right. 2.08 won't run 2.07 saves.

If you want to try 2.07 without the Hotfix, there is a mirror at Moddb:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod/downloads/the-dark-mod-207-full

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Seeing as I never heard of Hotfix, chances are I'm already playing without it. But many thanks to everyone who tried to help. Looks like I'm going to have to examine 2.08 to see if its worth upgrading. Better to do that than try to fix my problem only to have the saves not work anyway after Ver 2.08 is installed :)

It does not matter whether you have hotfix for 2.07 or not (and most likely you have it).
Because savegames compatibility between 2.07 and 2.07 hotfix is guaranteed.

However, in general when you change version of TDM, savegames stop working.
Thus people usually finish all missions in progress before updating.

It's impossible then to keep save games for prosperity with Dark Mod when version updates make the saves unloadable. So, seeing as Ver2.08 is out (it is formally released and not just beta, right?) I might as well go that route. I'm not finding a release link yet. Haven't really prowled too deeply for it though. Can you confirm it's out of Beta Testing and available to the general population?

21 hours ago, CountMorillonite said:

It's been a while since I've played Dark Mod FM's and now I'm realizing that all of my save's, regardless of Fan Mission, doesn't load and boots me to the beginning. I haven't changed my computer in any way, other than updates to Win 10. No video card change, no change in hard drive, nothing. Version 2.07 / 64. Any help would be appreciated.

Open the console in game, what's your game version number at the bottom right?

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

11 minutes ago, AluminumHaste said:

Open the console in game, what's your game version number at the bottom right?

Its also located at the main menu minus build number. In my case the complete Version would be 2.07 / 64 #7932. I don't know if that changes anything. My plan is to go Ver2.08 anyway.

Edited by CountMorillonite