The Dark Mod Forums

Clean up WIP list?

grayman

In the WIP list, there are many very old missions that I suspect have been abandoned at this point. Still listing them clutters up the list.

So we can get a much clearer view of what's in the works (and actually has a chance of being released), could mission authors remove from the list missions they're no longer working on?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PranQster said:

Keep my "Pagan Tree Village" listed, please. That is in semi-active development, and will be fully active upon the (yes, FINAL) release of Siege Shop 5.0.

Tentative release date? Year, at least

This is giving me a pretty bad guilt trip.

I was planning on scouring the "What are you working on?" thread and updating this wiki but never got around to it.

On the plus side, this sitcom where grayman is the boss and PranQster is the employee is sorta entertaining... 😆

Thank you for your efforts all!

• Haha 2

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

stgatilov's suggestion that a "last update" date over a year old would remove 40 missions from the list.

Leaving 7.

So, to me, the list is misleading. "Wow! Look at all the missions being worked on!!"

Well, not really.

• Like 1

Maybe we should have a second list for all of the MIA projects that have not had updates within the last 12 months. While it's likely they wont be finalized, especially seeing as some haven't had updates in nearly 10 years, it would be nice to see an archive/reference point for previous projects.

I went through and was reading some of the older threads which was an interesting look into the different projects that have popped up here over the years.

I haven't taken over maintenance of the list.

I think mission authors have been responsible in the past.

Contact the usual suspects (not me) if you don't have permission to update Wiki pages. Then you can manage your mission info.

• Thanks 1

Yeah no need to hurry. People are just procrastinating.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson