The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide (2020/07/18)

Bienie

1 hour ago, Swedish Taffer said:
  Hide contents

Tack för spelet Bienie :)

Maybe i missed it in this thread. But i cannot for my life

Hide contents

find the secret in the library

. Sometimes, i do not like secrets :)

Spoiler

With your back to the Library balcony you want the bookshelf on the right that is furthest from you and closest to the couch. Secret is behind that, you'll need to stand between that bookcase and the next one along the row and lean to see a statuette lain down on the floor behind.

26 minutes ago, Lzocast said:
  Hide contents

With your back to the Library balcony you want the bookshelf on the right that is furthest from you and closest to the couch. Secret is behind that, you'll need to stand between that bookcase and the next one along the row and lean to see a statuette lain down on the floor behind.

Thanks, but i have found that one. I see

Spoiler

light coming from one of the bokkcases

, and hear voices. Cannot get in there. Isn't it a way to move the bokkcase nearest the balcony door?

*EDIT*
Found the

Spoiler

switch in the bathroom

after reading a hint.

Edited by Swedish Taffer

14 hours ago, MrMunkeepants said:

you can still one-shot backstab a haunt in TDM, it is just very tricky to do. I think they are already at a higher alertness, or something.

You know, as soon as I wrote the contrary I started doubting myself, because I'm not sure I actually ever even tried it in TDM. Just assumed it. But thanks for the info, have to give it a shot the next time the opportunity arrives.

10 hours ago, Swedish Taffer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tack för spelet Bienie :)

Maybe i missed it in this thread. But i cannot for my life

Hide contents

find the secret in the library

. Sometimes, i do not like secrets :)

Glad you're enjoying it! I'm not sure what you mean by secrets

If you mean the secret door into the office where the Bishop is the switch is

In the Bishop's bathroom. Look on the front of the toilet on the right side.

If you mean the secret loot piece in the library

It's behind the bookshelf that's closest to the sofa, right down where the wainscoting meets the bookshelf

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

10 hours ago, desin said:

Great Mission

I'm stuck in the Library

found the door, but where is the switch ?

Thanks! I think you will find the answer to the question in the above post. 👍

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Hint for people who want to find all the loot

Spoiler

There's loot in the area you exit the game through, you need to explore this area before you've completed your other objectives otherwise the game will end before you can find it, I think it also counts as a secret

• Like 1

Amusing for an italian like me to play a FM with all those (pseudo)italian (sur)names :D

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

3 hours ago, lowenz said:

Amusing for an italian like me to play a FM with all those i(pseudo)talian (sur)names :D

Fun! :) I got most of it from a renaissance name generator, so I think they will seem very old timey, if recognizable at all. Hopefully the setting was still convincing to our Italian playerbase!

My Fan Missions:

It's good, it's good.

Ah, it isn't "Sistema fognario" but "Rete - network - fognaria" or more directly "fogne" (the sewers)

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Hey guys,

I'm having issues in the bank. When I open lock box #2 the gold coins & stuff won't frob, so I can't take it... Also the display case with the trophy (the one with the key),                    the trophy/gold cup won't budge either :(  That's not supposed to happen right?

1 hour ago, Acolytesix said:

Hey guys,

I'm having issues in the bank. When I open lock box #2 the gold coins & stuff won't frob, so I can't take it... Also the display case with the trophy (the one with the key),                    the trophy/gold cup won't budge either :(  That's not supposed to happen right?

Have you tried opening and closing the doors a few times? That usually clears that bug, and is usually what causes it as well. The game can be a bit finnicky sometimes with doors triggering certain things, like a target_set_frobable.

My Fan Missions:

On 7/21/2020 at 5:02 AM, Lzocast said:

Just finished first playthrough on 21/07/2020 Master Difficulty; 8678 loot found, all in game sidequests completed, hidden objective part done and challenge modes found but not yet attempted.

So, before I start cataloguing the usual odds and ends lets actually talk about the experience overall. It was pretty damn fun. No ambiguity the bad guys were almost cartoon level evil which is refreshing once in a while though had to laugh at the number of times...

Hide contents

...the bishop writes about his SECRET ROOM IN THE LIBRARY. It was such a good idea you know, and so very secret xD

I was also not prepared for meme-ing Builders either so well played mate.

Good use of keys, very few instances of them being the only way to open something but rather a risk/reward grab from a guard to make moving through a floor quicker.

Hide contents

Deposit Keys also all opening the door to the room the boxes were in stumped me for a while, ended up combing the Bank thinking I must have missed a key till I key spammed the door just to try it. Not sure the point of the Archive Key and Upper Floor Bank Key both opening the Archives door when both keys are within spitting distance of each other practically.

Little less taken with the number of electric lights especially the frequency of them being over the top of doorways. Often led to situations where the notion of opening a door to cast shadow to observe a new room/corridor from was not possible. Lots of picking locks then crouch dashing into rooms towards the nearest patch of shadow and praying.

Not usually a fan of lethal only missions but I think this worked for the reasons listed above and the bit of Indiana Jones-ing in the graveyard was fun. Thumbs up.

Side Missions (Some started from notice boards in starting area North West near sewer entrance and North East near thief's hideout/back of Mercenaries Stables respectively, and others from reading unique journal entries in hidden houses etc. Even if you have the final item the objective must have been triggered by reading the appropriate note/book to complete)

N/B: Since I'm a Brit I will list all floors in the British fashion first then American after ie: Ground Floor/1st (these are the same thing)

Hide contents

Clara's House (Is A Very Fine House) [Locate Clara's Bank Deed from Bank Offices and return it to her desk. You can access her house from the starting area in upper north west; with the large double gates to your left look forward for an awning you can mantle on to in front of the house to the right of the sewer entrance. From here you can reach a 1st/2nd floor window]

Feeding of the Five [Get three loaves of bread for the Deacon of the Poor House on Vicola Diacono (labelled Chapel on Map). One is in the guard tower nearby, one is in the kitchen of the Mercenaries and the last is in the Church. Drop all three one at a time on to the kitchen table in the basement of the Poor House]

Indiana Jones & The Lady's Urn [In the graveyard crypt, turn the wall sconce on your left as you enter to access a hidden area. Find two hidden leavers in the sarcophagus nooks that have gears as their symbol (stand on coffin and look back into the hall and up). Beware you're in for a scare, hope you went Holy Water hunting in the Church first. Now use the slow match you found in the crypt entrance to light the two torches either side of the Lady's statue (Highlight Slow Match, press R and manipulate it so glowing end touches inside of unlit torch) and be ready to get out of range quickly. The statue will have moved and now there is a recess in the floor with your prize. Take it to Father Benedetti's room in the little area above the public prayer/worship area with all the benches and drop it on his bed]

Mob Life [From were you start look at the building to the west and up to the 1st/2nd floor. There is a large window you can open. Inside you will find a letter from a gent who wants to frame the Bishop and turn the mercenaries on him. Deliver the letter to Commander Cavalcanti's Desk on the 2nd/3rd floor of the Mercenaries House]

Trade Secrets [From the bathroom on the 1st/2nd floor of the Bank climb the ladder into the clock tower and locate the power breaker hatch to get a tech spec scroll. Drop this off at the job board around the corner from the Poor House (Chapel) near the thief's hideout]

History Buff [Steal a book on the Puglian Wars from the Library of the Church and drop it off on Adolfo's Balcony. His is the one with planter boxes with mushrooms and other things growing out of it on the first balcony to your left as you come through the tunnel from the starting area]

Art Thief [Grab the bust of the builder from inside the Council Safe Room (code and key found in the mayor's office and key for his office in the secretary's bathroom) and take it to the job board in the North West near sewer entrance in starting area. Your reward appears tucked in a box in the corner to your left immediately as you enter the tunnel to the next area]

Rat Catcher [In the area you start in look for a drop down to a basement window. Inside will be a bunch of arrows and a bucket labelled "Dead Rat Disposal". Kill all the rats in this room and drop their lil corpses into the bucket. If you've read Tessa Zani's note on the North West job board asking you to do this there is now a reward waiting by the steps directly in front of you as you exit the basement area]

Secret Loot 7/13 (This will be updated as more are found. Message me if you think you have something not on this list)

Reveal hidden contents

1. Bank Archives on 1st/2nd Floor, climb the book stairs far left side of the room for a secret in the shelves

2. Mercenary House Pantry at back of kitchen. Climb the shelves for a rare vintage in a shallow wooden crate

3. In Tessa Zani's basement (Rat Catcher) look behind the mattress on the left wall as you enter for a chalice

4. In the Poor House vegetable garden with the door in front of you look up and right to the ledge and the recessed window. There is a broadhead arrow up there and a 25 gold pouch.

5. Father Benedetti's Room above the Public Prayer/Worship Area in the church. Enter his room, turn to face the door and close it. Now look up at the tiny stained glass window above his door. Jump and spam right-click to grab the gem hidden up there.

6. Exit the public prayer/worship area (door immediately behind the lectern) into the hedge maze. Look right and climb on to the canvas covering then look back at the door to see a set of gargoyles. Mantle on to the gargoyles to reach a chalice hidden on the stain-glass window sill above the door.

7. Mercenaries Stables in the small courtyard at the back of Mercenary House. Look up into the rafters above the stalls for a coin pouch.

Challenge Mode

Reveal hidden contents

When exiting the tunnel from the starting area on to Vicolo Torcere look right and up for a large openable window. Inside is a bookshelf with a key and warning note about Challenge Mode and a locked chest of draws. SAVE BEFORE OPENING THE CHEST OF DRAWS. Reading the notes inside will trigger optional challenge objectives ie: Ghost, Collect all Loot, Complete all 8 normal sidequests plus main quest, locate hidden item (not loot) around map etc.

Phew and that does that for now I think. Loving the content, keep it up

I'm guessing you have TDM set to its original settings. What would "R" be? I set my settings (keyboard layout) to Thief 1 decades ago & kept it that way ever after with all versions. I have never been able to get a slow match to work. There were always fire arrows around too...

Edited by Acolytesix

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2020 at 3:20 AM, Bienie said:

I wonder if you have the "open on unlock" option turned off? That may be what's causing the problem. Try turning it on and see if it will open. If so I may need to make the grate frobable for those who play with it off.

Yes... I just ran into this.  If you don't have "open on unlock" the room stays dark and the grate stays shut.

• Like 1

First off, congrats on the mission. I was really enjoying this one. I love the side quests as well as scouring for all the secrets. And I took on 3 or the 4 challenges. As mentioned, the windows were a bit of a challenge but no big deal. I liked the multiple ways to get around. I can tell this was a lot of hard work and I appreciate it, thank you. 

That being said, I have to say I was quite disappointed on the location of one of your secrets. After spending almost an hour (after finding everything else) searching every where again and again, I gave up to come and have a look here.  I was disappointed to find that the last secret was in the sewer and I couldn't get it. Which meant 2 of the side challenges (Greed & Completionist) as well as the all secrets wouldn't check off.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Thiefette said:

First off, congrats on the mission. I was really enjoying this one. I love the side quests as well as scouring for all the secrets. And I took on 3 or the 4 challenges. As mentioned, the windows were a bit of a challenge but no big deal. I liked the multiple ways to get around. I can tell this was a lot of hard work and I appreciate it, thank you. 

That being said, I have to say I was quite disappointed on the location of one of your secrets. After spending almost an hour (after finding everything else) searching every where again and again, I gave up to come and have a look here.  I was disappointed to find that the last secret was in the sewer and I couldn't get it. Which meant 2 of the side challenges (Greed & Completionist) as well as the all secrets wouldn't check off.  

Thanks for your feedback, glad you enjoyed it! It certainly was a labor of love to finish making the mission and the series. I was a bit afraid that that would happen to some players, i.e. finishing all main objectives and then going about finding the secrets. Unfortunately the only way around this at this time is to noclip through the city gate and go forward a few meters and then go straight down. this way you do not hit the exit box before you are able to grab the spinning coin.

I'm not sure what I can do about this, aside from maybe making it not a secret, and not loot. I will think about it, the scene works without loot as well, could just be an easter egg I suppose.

Edited by Bienie
spoiler tags are B-R-O-K-E-N!
  • Like 2

My Fan Missions:

2 hours ago, Bienie said:

Thanks for your feedback, glad you enjoyed it! It certainly was a labor of love to finish making the mission and the series. I was a bit afraid that that would happen to some players, i.e. finishing all main objectives and then going about finding the secrets. Unfortunately the only way around this at this time is to noclip through the city gate and go forward a few meters and then go straight down. this way you do not hit the exit box before you are able to grab the spinning coin.

I'm not sure what I can do about this, aside from maybe making it not a secret, and not loot. I will think about it, the scene works without loot as well, could just be an easter egg I suppose.

Thanks, I'm not sure either. I ended up going back and noclipping so I could have a "completed" mission. lol 

Also, I see your edit and thanks for that. I thought it was just me not remembering how spoilers were done otherwise I would have gone into a bit more detail. It really was a great mission. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thiefette said:

Thanks, I'm not sure either. I ended up going back and noclipping so I could have a "completed" mission. lol 

Also, I see your edit and thanks for that. I thought it was just me not remembering how spoilers were done otherwise I would have gone into a bit more detail. It really was a great mission. :)

I've put it on the list of things to consider for an updated version.

It seems the forum software got an update and the old [spoiler]spoiler content[/spoiler] is no longer recognized, now you have to add it in your original post by clicking the eye next to the emote before you post. Adding spoilers while editing a post does not seem to be possible.

Spoiler

Great...

• Like 2

My Fan Missions:

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally finished the update for this mission! It's available in the in-game downloader. It's mostly bugfixes and quality of life improvements, but there is a major Halloween-themed addition in the form of a new challenge that I highly recommend those who are looking for a reason for a replay!

• Like 2

My Fan Missions:

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this mission. It is one of my favorite TDM missions to date. It looks and plays great without the need to wander aimlessly around or consult the forum for help. Inventory buildup was a slight pain, but that was it. There was always something to do or explore on the way to completing another task. This one was fun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, peispud said:

Thank you for this mission. It is one of my favorite TDM missions to date. It looks and plays great without the need to wander aimlessly around or consult the forum for help. Inventory buildup was a slight pain, but that was it. There was always something to do or explore on the way to completing another task. This one was fun.

Thanks for the high praise! I'm glad the mission is straight forward enough to not cause frustration, that's something I always aim for. By inventory buildup do you mean that you have too many keys? In my missions keys are always dropable for this very reason. I do realize that sometimes you don't want to drop a key if you're not sure it'll be useful later, but I try to name them in ways that it's clear they are for one specific door or area only. I certainly managed to pack a lot of side content into this one, glad you immersed yourself in it!

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

The keys certainly took some space. A key ring would be great. I do confess to collecting keys in real life ;-) The game play with side quests was bang on. If I had to replay this, I'd leave all of the AI standing and go straight for the scroll to release the undead :-)

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I'm playing this mission ATM, and it's pretty darn awesome. I'm stuck though.

Spoiler

Searching the library for 10 minutes now for the switch to the secret room in the Builder's compound library. I see where it is (last shelf in the left side) but, I can't find the switch to open it. Any hints? I'm usually good at finding such switches, but, I'm really stuck here. 

Edit: Nevermind, found it in your post above. Would have never guessed that... I would have thought 100% that it's in the library. I think you should really place the switch nearby the secret door is next time. Just a brief complaint, I'm really enjoying the rest of the mission.

Edited by chakkman

Ok, stuck again...

Spoiler

Stuck in the crypt. The book about the Tome found in the Bishop's place says something about levers in the hallway. I don't find any levers. Instead I found a fuse before, but, there seems to be nothing I can light with it.

Edit: Figured out the levers. No idea what to do with the fuse 

Edited by chakkman