The Dark Mod Forums

Hidden Hands: The Lost Citadel (23/07/2020)

JackFarmer

21 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

@duzenko

@stgatilov

Is there a chance you could help him?

As for the picture and the red headlight AIs:

Reveal hidden contents

The picture is connected to the readable placed in the same spot. It shall help the player to understand which of the portrais in the Ritual Room shows St. Antonius

The next update will fix the "advantage" you have described with the red ghosts vs. the Citadel guards. That was not intentional.

Reveal hidden contents

The problem with the AI team setting will be fixed with the next update.

As for the ghosts with the red eyes: I have "bought" them from @Bienie (aka "Doc Frankenstein) and I think he made his creatures (as you would expect from such a doctor) invincible. However, the current version of the mission includes a false team allocation. Thus, you can take out these guys as per the method described above by Marbrien.

getviewpos to the door in question?

8 hours ago, stgatilov said:

@kin, You forgot to open public access on your links.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CwvztFb3ExOUbCFcuq-oFPKBU517Psmz/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EJwEQxaMm0uFsCZ18URvkwpgOqwR6sfz/view?usp=sharing

I am not sure if I did it correctly this time

1 hour ago, kin said:

I am not sure if I did it correctly this time

I downloaded the save, thank you!

The problem with elementals comes back. Now it is caused by killing an elemental which was put on a list of "registered users" for a door. Opening the door afterwards causes a null pointer crash.

@kin, I'm afraid you have to noclip past this door, but if some other door crashes on open, just do the same.
I don't expect any problems
further in game: only the doors analyzed by elementals are affected.

• Thanks 1

I just spent an inordinate amount of time searching the airlock area, before giving up and examining every inch of the station and finding 

Spoiler

the explosive in the emergency exit room.

At one point I became convinced it was outside, and swam around looking for it!

I think part of the problem is that this mission is particularly dark; if I don't have my lantern on things become lost in inky shadows. I haven't had this problem in other missions, except in "magical darkness" situations.

I'm also experiencing wonky collision, things either having none or taking far too much invisible space.

7 hours ago, stgatilov said:

I downloaded the save, thank you!

The problem with elementals comes back. Now it is caused by killing an elemental which was put on a list of "registered users" for a door. Opening the door afterwards causes a null pointer crash.

@kin, I'm afraid you have to noclip past this door, but if some other door crashes on open, just do the same.
I don't expect any problems
further in game: only the doors analyzed by elementals are affected.

Ok thanks. How do I bring the console down? Also wich is the exact line "noclip"?

edit: Ok found it. It is Ctrl + Alt + ~

Edited by kin

Version 2 is now available (see OP):

- fixes the problem with wrong team allocation

- monitors the sound file during the fight scene with an additional trigger placed in the hallway after the golden doors

- includes new monsterclipping covering the golden doors that hopefully prevents further crashes with the elementals

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:34 AM, JackFarmer said:

In the room with the fire elemntals: are there still "living" undead?

Nah, they're all dead as far as I can tell.

I think the issue was triggered when I flipped the switch again - but flipping it back and forth does nothing to fix it. Transitioning to new areas doesn't seem to help, either.

18 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

Version 2 is now available (see OP):

Reveal hidden contents

- fixes the problem with wrong team allocation

- monitors the sound file during the fight scene with an additional trigger placed in the hallway after the golden doors

- includes new monsterclipping covering the golden doors that hopefully prevents further crashes with the elementals

The mirrors and in-game downloader have been updated.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

22 hours ago, kin said:

is it normal to fail the

Reveal hidden contents

"don't kill anyone" objective by killing haunts in the crypt area where you have to place the bones in order?

That happened to me as well. Also finding the

Spoiler

bomb

took way too long, even noclipping around. Otherwise a great mission, huge and sprawling, the different areas feeling very distinct.

On 8/3/2020 at 2:10 PM, Ryan101 said:

Nah, they're all dead as far as I can tell.

I think the issue was triggered when I flipped the switch again - but flipping it back and forth does nothing to fix it. Transitioning to new areas doesn't seem to help, either.

Version 2 includes a new command to stop music once and for all when you walk through the golden door.

On 8/4/2020 at 5:33 AM, MrMunkeepants said:

I experienced a major system crash after a few minutes in the 

Reveal hidden contents

low lake area with a skeleton and stained glass windows.

I'm a bit wary of venturing in there again. What info should I provide if it crashes again?

Can you post your darkmod.cfg and the savegame for @stgatilov

On 8/4/2020 at 8:38 PM, kin said:

is it normal to fail the

Reveal hidden contents

"don't kill anyone" objective by killing haunts in the crypt area where you have to place the bones in order?

This problem was fixed with version 2 as well.

1 hour ago, Spyrano said:

That happened to me as well. Also finding the

Reveal hidden contents

bomb

took way too long, even noclipping around. Otherwise a great mission, huge and sprawling, the different areas feeling very distinct.

The readable which triggers the new objective includes the following

"Visible mechanical parts of the item in question (=where the explosive device had been planted) may start to behave differently as soon as you have installed the ordinance."

That really did not help you to narrow down the possibilities?

updated to ver2 by uninstalling and reinstalling.

I'm getting a 'do not kill' objective failure when I

Spoiler

kill either revenant patrolling the area with Wilbur's remains.

Also getting a lot of collision errors, most I can ignore (slightly entering into walls or items) but some have bigger collision than visible geometry and block my path, or I get stuck in (a few crates, vases, and skeleton parts). This is a huge mission, but it happens often enough to be annoying.

3 hours ago, MrMunkeepants said:

updated to ver2 by uninstalling and reinstalling.

I'm getting a 'do not kill' objective failure when I

Reveal hidden contents

kill either revenant patrolling the area with Wilbur's remains.

I just checked and it works fine for me.

I take it you tried a savegame generated with ver1?

If so, then I am afraid this does not work as I think the savegames contain specific settings (team settings included) from the mission version the savegame was produced with.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that when announcing the release of ver2.

5 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

I just checked and it works fine for me.

I take it you tried a savegame generated with ver1?

If so, then I am afraid this does not work as I think the savegames contain specific settings (team settings included) from the mission version the savegame was produced with.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that when announcing the release of ver2.

I get the "do not kill" objective failed both with ver 1 and ver 2 with new saves in game. I ended up using some console commands to get through

16 minutes ago, kin said:

I get the "do not kill" objective failed both with ver 1 and ver 2 with new saves in game. I ended up using some console commands to get through

I just checked on both my notebook and my PC with version 2 and I could kill both of the revenants in the crypt without failing the mission. I really do not know what`s causing the problem on your end  and I am very sad that in general  it caused you so many problems.

Great mission. I love puzzly stuff. Atmosphere is great in all parts, but the Citadel is just amazing : )

Spoiler

Had to look here for the bomb solution and couldn't grab 1 of the four things in the Chapel, but after leaving the room and getting back in I could grab it and got the objective completed. In the Prison there were a lot of "seems" going on. I played version 2.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

I just checked on both my notebook and my PC with version 2 and I could kill both of the revenants in the crypt without failing the mission. I really do not know what`s causing the problem on your end  and I am very sad that in general  it caused you so many problems.

Mission is amazing and I am enjoing it apart from those minor issues. I could use a little help on the puzzle with rotating pillars though.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kin said:

I could use a little help on the puzzle with rotating pillars though.

That;s a bit vague, I am afraid. Thus please clarify:

Have you found the readable in the library explaining how to carry out the daily Service ritual?

11 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

That;s a bit vague, I am afraid. Thus please clarify:

Reveal hidden contents

Have you found the readable in the library explaining how to carry out the daily Service ritual?

Thanks, must have missed it.