Jump to content
The Dark Mod Forums

Hidden Hands: The Lost Citadel (23/07/2020)


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

The ingame pictures are stored under the folder

Dark Mod/screenshots

Please upload the pics here (if you know how to reduce the size of the pics) or through an online uploader of your choice.

 

The screenshots did not save to the folder. Took my phone picture & brought the size down with photoshop.  Crap the picture I uploaded was wider. You can see a little of the jumbo spiral staircase on the right.

Spoiler

Find that position. Go left. Once inside the wall, go to where there's a beam blocking the way. climb over it & you'll find the doors, from the inside.There's woods behind me. The stairs are to the right.

Wish I had a COMPASS lol

Spoiler

 

The tunnel is to the left. It leads to a waterfall one floor under. Go over (haven't tried going down that hole) & past that to the right. There's a broken wall up ahead. Go through the hole & you're in.

When you go through the wall there's a fork in the path. To the right you can jump down to the floating things. To the left, jump over the beam & go straight ahead & you'll reach the doors.

 

There's another tunnel leading out to the woods, but I didn't explore that yet. Oh and a dead end tunnel with a gold plate & ruby.

I'm baffled how this came to be. You created the map & brushes/rooms right?

 

Spoiler

HiddenHandsTunnel.jpg

 

Edited by Acolytesix
no compass
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hidden Hands: The Lost Citadel ============================================================== Title: Hidden Hands: The Lost Citadel Filename : hhtlc.pk4 Authors: Jack Farmer with A

@nbohr1more has uploaded version 3 to the mirrors today. Changes:

Congratulations! This is a massive and enjoyable mission. Get ready for multi-part fun!  Interesting, that this mission and The Painter's Wife were released close together. They don't have much i

Posted Images

Thanks for the screenshot.

You have not found an alternative route into the Citadel and you have not entered the Citadel in the first place.

The described areas are part of the caves. I recommend you to explore every cave properly. Some of the tasks to be carried out I have already described in a previous post as I really thought you had already entered the Citadel itself.

 

Edited by JackFarmer
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JackFarmer said:

Thansk for the screenshot.

You have not found an alternative route into the Citadel.

The described areas are part of the caves. I recommend you to explore every cave properly. Some of the tasks to be carried out I have already described in a previous post as I really thought you had already entered the Citadel itself.

 

Is there something down that hole with the waterfall?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Acolytesix said:

Is there something down that hole with the waterfall?

 

comment

You do not have to visit this area if you do not wish to complete an optional objective ("The Scepter of Discipline" - the related readables for triggering and the needed items can be found in the underwater station) or if you do not want to collect the ressources and the loot that can be found down there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JackFarmer said:

 

comment

 

  Hide contents

 

You do not have to visit this area if you do not wish to complete an optional objective ("The Scepter of Discipline" - the related readables for triggering and the needed items can be found in the underwater station) or if you do not want to collect the ressources and the loot that can be found down there.

yeah I got the 3 things needed for the scepter. Of course I'm going down there :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Acolytesix said:

As for these things. I can't get them to stick to those frobable boxes where the skeleton is. Killed him. & how do I get into the little building with the blue glow?

Press "R" to remove an item from the inventory to put it into the player`s hand.

P.S. The same procedure  (pressing the "R" button) is necessary if you want to process the "Weathered Map" in the underwater facility...and it was also needed to remove the fuse from the inventory when you wanted to place it in the crane on top of the logistics building.

Edited by JackFarmer
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

Press "R" to remove an item from the inventory to put it into the player`s hand.

P.S. The same procedure  (pressing the "R" button) is necessary if you want to process the "Weathered Map" in the underwater facility...and it was also needed to remove the fuse from the inventory when you wanted to place it in the crane on top of the logistics building.

Mine is set to "L". R is set for Run. My settings are set to Thief 1. All the Thief versions are set to Thief 1 ;) 

I didn't do the crane yet. As for the 3 things.

Spoiler

Does it matter which box they go on? In another save I got the sigil to stick to the box next to the doors of the blue glowing room after placing the book on another, but it wouldn't  do it again. The book and hammer just lay on top. Can't get them back and the box is still frobbable, so it's not 'clicking'

Any ideas?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Acolytesix said:

Mine is set to "L". R is set for Run. My settings are set to Thief 1. All the Thief versions are set to Thief 1 ;) 

I didn't do the crane yet. As for the 3 things.

  Reveal hidden contents

Does it matter which box they go on? In another save I got the sigil to stick to the box next to the doors of the blue glowing room after placing the book on another, but it wouldn't  do it again. The book and hammer just lay on top. Can't get them back and the box is still frobbable, so it's not 'clicking'

Any ideas?

 

Yes, the boxes matter. Check the glass pictures above each box.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it. Where do I go to find out what happened to the citadel?Back where the jumbo stairs are that lead up to a cliff looking down at the skeletons, there's a bunch of mini cliffs to the

Spoiler

 

left to get to a lever on the other side.

Is that the 1st of the switches to pull? Does the window to the right open? I was halfway there when I jumped back and did something else...

 

 

LeverInCitadel.jpg

Edited by Acolytesix
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 11:47 AM, Acolytesix said:

Got it. Where do I go to find out what happened to the citadel?

No, no, no. You cannot solve this puzzle in the area (The Caves) you are currently in. You have to figure out what to do in the Caves. Go back to the table close to the shore with the giant steps and read the scroll there once again.

Then explore all caves and see if you can find a switch that activates something.

You still have not entered the Citadel; the objective you have mentioned above is the second to last you can solve once you have entered the Citadel (and before that, there are lots of other tasks to be fullfilled in the Citadel.)

Edited by JackFarmer
Link to post
Share on other sites

@nbohr1more has uploaded version 3 to the mirrors today.

Changes:

1. After consultation with Amadeus, we've added a new readable in the underwater station with an additional hint for the bomb problem

2. Fixed one more inappropriate team allocation

3. Fixed several texture glitches

4. Replaced the music piece after completion of the ritual room puzzle with a more fitting selection from the core mod. This music piece stops now, once the player has frobbed the chapel key (before that, the music stopped when the player used the key at the chapel gate).

5. Changed two objective descriptions to avoid confusion

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I seem to be completely blind, I've not got to my first objective, and I can see nothing more to do, nowhere else to go.

Spoiler

I've visited all three floors of the introductory map plus the roof.  I have two keys (a "Lock Key" and a "Basement Key", I think that's what it's called), but they don't open anything.  There is a locked door in the basement, but I'm pretty sure I've been inside via the ducting, and there's a locked door on the roof which I can't open.

No sign of a map, nowhere else to explore.  I've taken a swim, but that looks like a dead end, I've climbed onto the load on the crane (that's a bit buggy...), I've walked the entire map with notarget to see what I've missed.

I'm at a complete loss here, I'm afraid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Araneidae

There are two possibilities to pass the weir and both have to do with one room you already have located:

You have entered a storage room in the basement through a ducting. Two ways to procede:

1. In this storage room, there is a fuse. You can pick up the fuse and place it on the roof  inside one of the cranes...

2. There is an office in the groundfloor, check the working desk. There is a readable and a key. The key is the storage key that allows you to open the storage room from the inside.

I hope you play version 3. If not, I strongly recommend you to switch to it as it makes things much easier after the weir...

Edited by JackFarmer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody !!

 

 I know it was a bit talked about, but I'm stuck with the fan. As far as I have understood and seen, we just have to click on the shutter of the fan to pick up the bomb. But when I do so, there is no explosive.

 

I wonder if its a bug or if I have missed something...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, pbruno37 said:

Hi everybody !!

 

 I know it was a bit talked about, but I'm stuck with the fan. As far as I have understood and seen, we just have to click on the shutter of the fan to pick up the bomb. But when I do so, there is no explosive.

 

I wonder if its a bug or if I have missed something...

 

Spoiler

Three things to check:

1. Have you read the "Obstruction Note"? The bomb becomes not visible when this particular note has not been read.

2. Are you in the correct room? It is the fan in the gated room.

3. Just opening the shutter does not do the trick. After you have opened the shutter, you have to pick up the bomb.

 

Edited by JackFarmer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey again, took a mini-vacation to Denmark, but now I'm back.

Up on the cliff overlooking the skeletons and golden doors. In the corner is a shelf with a switch (picture included, sorry about the circle, paintbrush). Having a hard time getting up there. Is it frobbable? Is it the 1st switch to pull?

Switch-citadel_sm.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 1:06 PM, Acolytesix said:

Hey again, took a mini-vacation to Denmark, but now I'm back.

Up on the cliff overlooking the skeletons and golden doors. In the corner is a shelf with a switch (picture included, sorry about the circle, paintbrush). Having a hard time getting up there. Is it frobbable? Is it the 1st switch to pull?

Switch-citadel_sm.jpg

Hint 1:

Spoiler

No, that's not the switch to start with.

Hint 2:

Spoiler

Examine a particular flooded area.

Hint 3:

Spoiler

Search for a very small flooded area that includes floating objects and some sort of flooded window consisting of beams.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a bug! 
I made it to the final stage of the level. I found all four hammers for opening the shrines, but I cannot return to the chapel again, after I opened it with the special key and closed the door by hand to prevent noise issues with the undead. I've been in the chapel earlier (there's a key and without it's not possible to enter another area). 
So now I stand in front of the closed chapel door and have to restart the level, what I won't do since I always save my gamestats via quicksave. There's no older state I can recall.. so that's it for me. 
Thanks anyway for the really great experience of a huge detailed level!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roastbeat said:

I found a bug! 
I made it to the final stage of the level. I found all four hammers for opening the shrines, but I cannot return to the chapel again, after I opened it with the special key and closed the door by hand to prevent noise issues with the undead. I've been in the chapel earlier (there's a key and without it's not possible to enter another area). 
So now I stand in front of the closed chapel door and have to restart the level, what I won't do since I always save my gamestats via quicksave. There's no older state I can recall.. so that's it for me. 
Thanks anyway for the really great experience of a huge detailed level!

Use the noclip console command to get through the door, then turn it off once you are on the other side. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...