The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Scroll of Remembrance, by MirceaKitsune (03/11/2020)

I certainly had some performance issues on the outskirts of the hotel, but within this performance was normal, although I only have a fairly normal laptop (8 Gb RAM, 2 Gb AMD Radeon GPU.
The mission was quite fun, though certainly somewhat strange. Overall I love TDM and I want to congratulate the creators on an excellent job.
The only thing I can generally criticize is, that on the one hand my English is not very advanced and sometimes I find it very difficult to understand the clues well, adding that I am an older man with an already not very good view, sometimes with difficulty reading well the clues written in letters sometimes very small.
Still, so far I've managed to finish all the missions, sometimes without clues.

Edited by Zerg Rush
29 minutes ago, Zerg Rush said:

I certainly had some performance issues on the outskirts of the hotel, but within this performance was normal, although I only have a fairly normal laptop (8 Gb RAM, 2 Gb AMD Radeon GPU.
The mission was quite fun, though certainly somewhat strange. Overall I love TDM and I want to congratulate the creators on an excellent job.
The only thing I can generally criticize is, that on the one hand my English is not very advanced and sometimes I find it very difficult to understand the clues well, adding that I am an older man with an already not very good view, sometimes with difficulty reading well the clues written in letters sometimes very small.
Still, so far I've managed to finish all the missions, sometimes without clues.

Thank you, glad you liked it! As a heads up: I plan to do one more performance fix at some point, where I'm going to try and portal the outdoor area into a few different zones to fix the performance problems there. Been working on a new map for days and the more I use DR the better I understand what I can and can't do with it.

As a general rule many TDM FM's require reading clues to know what to do next, so knowing english enough to read the books and notes is often required. In the case of this particular FM playing it without reading the stuff in the environment would also cause the point to be missed. I too wish there was a way to help people who get stuck on finding the next objective otherwise, as I also run into that problem a lot and know it can be frustrating.

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer, and in your mission, the clues were not so much the problem, it can also be finished although not everything is understood, although naturally some details are lost.
This problem of the clues is more present in some other missions, where there are readings of several pages in books and letters, sometimes with very small print that cause my nose prints on the screen of my laptop, this in your mission was not the Case.
I fully understand that it is not possible to translate each mission into many different languages, which would greatly complicate its development. But perhaps you can look for other methods to leave clues than just reading many pages in future missions..

I have recommended this game in many forums and among my friends since it's first v.2.0, and for some, although they like this type of games, they told me that the language is why they cannot play it. I know a little English, but there are some for which the texts could also be in Chinese, because they don't know anything about English.

Edited by Zerg Rush