The Dark Mod Forums

I would like to carefully place this here.

Filizitas

I'm tired of people trying to gatekeep others experiences with games.

You HAVE to use the FOV that's in the game because that's all I think you need.

You HAVE to use the FPS options in the game because that's all I think you should need.

No one is forcing you to use settings you don't want to use.

While the rest of us are looking to devs to make their games more accessible and inclusive, people out there keep trying to stop that, for some reason, because it's not something they've ever experienced, or personally find necessary to them.

Stop trying to keep technology in the 90s. We've had 60 hz/fps games for decades. Monitor tech is advancing very quickly now. In the last few years we went from 144hz all the way up to almost 500hz. In another 5 years we'll be getting close to 1000hz displays that are affordable.

• Like 1

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

There is no cap if you dont want it. You can deactivate the cap and get 999fps. I never seen someone with that hardware but the game has some locks in the code to prevent fallout 4 syndrome.

Whats stoping you, hardware ofc.

• Like 2

Can we have more scary Zombie Horror maps?

• 2 weeks later...

I wish it wasn't a speed run. lol  It was really difficult to appreciate any of the level design and texture work.  Can the footsteps be more randomized?  They seemed to be on quite the noticeable loop.  

What I could see looked really good though!  Hope to see something a bit more leisurely in the future.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 3:16 PM, Filizitas said:

Hello frens, i managed to do my own speedrun of the demo! I hope you like it, it was my first time and i struggled hard.

That, quite literally, is a dark game. Didn't see nough to decide whether it looks good. It definitely needs sound randomization - multiple clips for each sound to shoose from and could also randomize volume and pitch. Footsteps seem to be pretty loud in general when compared to voice lines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...