The Dark Mod Forums

Linux DR doesn't display the key shortcuts in the menus.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this might be a GTK theming issue. Clicking around through various core GNOME apps (I tried Files, Disks, Videos, Terminal and gEdit) I see no menus with shortcuts listed. All the apps have moved to the new "header bar" style where you don't actually have the regular File/Edit menu bar, just various buttons and a "Menu" button which brings down a speech bubble-style menu which does not contain any shortcuts.

If this is implemented at the GTK 3 level rather than with GNOME-specific code, then I guess it applies to wxWidgets too which uses GTK 3 as a backend. In which case, I'm not sure there is anything we can do in the DR code to fix it, but you might be able to solve it by changing to a different GUI theme.

25 minutes ago, 7318 said:

changing the theme with gnome-tweaks from yaru-dark to adwaita (the dafault for ubuntu) didn't bear any change related to shortcuts being present, it might not be related to the theme of GTK?

Maybe not, it was just a guess after all. Nevertheless, I don't know how to change this. I cannot find anything in the wxWidgets documentation relating to the visibility of shortcuts in menus, nor can I find any discussion of this issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Audacity uses wxWidgets and it has keyboard shortcuts in their menu's.

Audacity's fork of wxWidgets 3.1.3 (https://github.com/audacity/wxWidgets) should
be used as this includes bug fixes that are not yet available upstream.
WxWidgets should be built with gtk2 as gtk3 is not yet fully supported.

Edited by datiswous

• 2 weeks later...

Workaround:

The keyboard shortcuts can be added manually to the menu.xml file from the install folder. Add some extra spaces to move the shortcut  to the right. With every change of a shortcut, the change has to be changed in this file as well.

menusc.jpg.54e88008ba547fee515e43c76201c606.jpg

Example code:

Spoiler

<subMenu name="edit" caption="&amp;Edit">
		<menuItem name="undo" caption="&amp;Undo                                                 ctrl-z" command="Undo"  />
		<menuItem name="redo" caption="&amp;Redo                                                 ctrl-y" command="Redo" />
		<menuSeparator />
		<menuItem name="copy" caption="&amp;Copy                                                 ctrl-c" command="Copy" />
		<menuItem name="paste" caption="&amp;Paste                                               ctrl-v" command="Paste" />

This file gets overwritten with every new install, so make a backup that you can use to overwrite in the new install.

Edited by datiswous