The Dark Mod Forums

Linux DR doesn't display the key shortcuts in the menus.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this might be a GTK theming issue. Clicking around through various core GNOME apps (I tried Files, Disks, Videos, Terminal and gEdit) I see no menus with shortcuts listed. All the apps have moved to the new "header bar" style where you don't actually have the regular File/Edit menu bar, just various buttons and a "Menu" button which brings down a speech bubble-style menu which does not contain any shortcuts.

If this is implemented at the GTK 3 level rather than with GNOME-specific code, then I guess it applies to wxWidgets too which uses GTK 3 as a backend. In which case, I'm not sure there is anything we can do in the DR code to fix it, but you might be able to solve it by changing to a different GUI theme.

25 minutes ago, 7318 said:

changing the theme with gnome-tweaks from yaru-dark to adwaita (the dafault for ubuntu) didn't bear any change related to shortcuts being present, it might not be related to the theme of GTK?

Maybe not, it was just a guess after all. Nevertheless, I don't know how to change this. I cannot find anything in the wxWidgets documentation relating to the visibility of shortcuts in menus, nor can I find any discussion of this issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Audacity uses wxWidgets and it has keyboard shortcuts in their menu's.

Audacity's fork of wxWidgets 3.1.3 (https://github.com/audacity/wxWidgets) should
be used as this includes bug fixes that are not yet available upstream.
WxWidgets should be built with gtk2 as gtk3 is not yet fully supported.

Edited by datiswous
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add as an option for some users: As a workaround you could add menu icons to show the key-shortcuts as an icon (you have to create the images for the icons yourself):

image.png.b5f607a7c9c3f12db22c749fc2768d09.png

Edited by datiswous