The Dark Mod Forums

Work In Progress FM. Request for testers to give feedback.

ddaazzaa

Performance was one of my concerns before even starting to make the map. However the performance is better than what I was expecting but I do have a 3700X and GTX 1080Ti . Performance is one of the things I'm wanting feedback on, particularly those with low-mid range cards.

Most of the outdoor light sources are noshadows 1

• Like 1

Very talented work! Though I'd suggest editing the screenshots to be somewhat brighter. My preferred tool is to increase the intensity of intermediate tones in Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

As for beta testing, it's always highly recommended to perform a beta test, either closed (i.e. via Discord or private messages) or semi-public (in the Betatesting section of this forum), depending on preference. In fact, going forward it's a requirement for missions that should get uploaded to the official servers.

I could probably take a look at the performance side of things, though I don't think I'll be a full betatester.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

I like the new frob highlight but it would nice if it was less "flickery" while moving over objects (especially barred metal doors).
      · 4 replies