The Dark Mod Forums

Request feature prefabs system in/out

I don't know if it possible to do that 🤔

is a very useful system that cod radiant use, you can place your prefab in your map go into it make your modifications and save them without re export your prefabs again

Here's an example from my old map:

Another example, select the prefab go into it

CZRfVV5.png

ABoMAeA.png

Make modifications save them, leave the prefab and it'll be updated in your map

• Like 1

If you're talking about having prefabs auto-update in your map, what happens when someone changes it in a future release in a way you don't approve?

No, that's not what I'm trying to say. When I made AGN I found myself changing/tweaking a lot of core prefabs to fit the needs of my map. A feature like this would be nice so that it clears away all the clutter on the screen and I can just focus on reworking that prefab until it becomes what I need it to be for my particular map.

FMs: A Good Neighbor

I guess I'm not clear on what "a feature like this" refers to.  If you just want to see the prefab and nothing else, can't that be accomplished by putting the prefab on a separate layer?

6 minutes ago, Springheel said:

I guess I'm not clear on what "a feature like this" refers to.  If you just want to see the prefab and nothing else, can't that be accomplished by putting the prefab on a separate layer?

It totally can. I'm personally bad at remembering to use layers and need to get better at using them throughout the process. I just thought this was a neat idea, but now I see it might be a bit unnecessary.

3 minutes ago, peter_spy said:

Also, if that's the case, a small hint:

H – hide selected

Shift+H – unhide all

Ctrl+Shift+H – hide everything but selected

Ha, the one saving grace that I did use a lot. But this convo has made me realize that I just need to get better at making layers and using that feature throughout the process so I don't have to keep selecting every little thing to hide everything but selected

You can quickly isolate your current selection by pressing I (invert selection = select everything else) + H (hide).

Combined with grouping, that seems quite similar (even if much simpler) to what's been demonstrated in the OP.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Dragofer said:

You can quickly isolate your current selection by pressing I (invert selection = select everything else) + H (hide).

Oh, I didn't know that. So it seems that this combined with everything else already in DR would make this feature redundant. There's always something new to learn with DR I guess