The Dark Mod Forums

GAMESTOP STONKS, EPIC GAEMRS!!!1!

Kurshok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Gamestop is on borrowed time. They will be out of business in five years because of the shift to everything digital and the consumers' willingness to embrace a one on one relationship with giant content publishers like Sony and Microsoft, who are in fact the consumer's worst enemy. No used game sales means everyone pays full price, or at a minimum, whatever the industry decides they should pay, because there will be literally no way for the consumer to obtain the product from somewhere else.

I was hearing that they would go out of business 5 years ago. They are still here, like Comp USA is still here and Circuit City is still here, in online form. Even if Gamestop eventually struggles with physical stores, they are still one of the main go-to places for new console launches, used games sell/trade, and fan merchandise. They have digital license agreements with some big names and the margins are apparently good enough to stay afloat, for now. In 5 years maybe that will change.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

I like the new frob highlight but it would nice if it was less "flickery" while moving over objects (especially barred metal doors).
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

Please vote in the 15th Anniversary Contest Theme Poll

· 0 replies