The Dark Mod Forums

Render bug, large black box occluding screen

Installed, attempting and will keep you posted.

On 3/30/2021 at 11:55 PM, nbohr1more said:

Try this package. It's not much, I just added a negative number guard to the bloom blur and ambient rim color.

It's a quick repack of my fresnel mod. If it cures the issue then maybe that is all we need.tdm_base01.pk4

@V-Man339 ?

• Like 1

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

Update:

The fresnel repack doesn't seem to have made an impact. I was lucky enough to catch this one on footage.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, stgatilov said:

P.S. Now tell me again com_fpexceptions is useless 😁

I never said anything like that?!

But in any case, if numDownsamplingSteps is 1, then the for loop does not execute, and hence nothing is rendered in that function. So I would expect that the bogus value has no effect on rendering.

Did you try monitoring hardware during playback to see if something strange is happening at the moment the black block appears?

Here's a thread from someone with a similar problem with the same GPU:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/hci56z/rx_5600_xt_black_squares/

Edited by datiswous

Drivers are updated, hardware is the same, still using the fresnel repack and this happened.

Settings shown in video, nothing changed, but hopefully something that can isolate, simplify and complete this issue.

If the black box in the upper right isn't obvious enough at 9 seconds let me know, I can adjust brightness/contrast in post.

On 4/14/2021 at 4:03 AM, datiswous said:

Did you try monitoring hardware during playback to see if something strange is happening at the moment the black block appears?

Here's a thread from someone with a similar problem with the same GPU:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/hci56z/rx_5600_xt_black_squares/

I wouldn't actually know how to go about doing that, I'm savvy with software to some degree but would need help.

Edit: Got another one right after.

I can't cover this mission, this bug is too common and too unpredictable to route around.

Edited by V-Man339