The Dark Mod Forums

Loader Question

potterr

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you figure out how to call a DLL function from a dynamically loaded DLL?

Not yet, spent a couple of hours with some example code but couldn't get it to work.

I will carry on with trying though in various ways but I will leave it to go out with teh next version of GL (which should be more around the time you guys are ready to go or at least have a few bits to test).

GL16x16.gifNEW 03/Sept/06 GarrettLoader 1.41 GL is a replacement for Darkloader which plays SS2, Doom 3 & Thief 3 FMs as well. With support for Half Life 1 and 2 and a lot more games as well.

GL's FM Scores System

• 2 weeks later...
The problem is, that we are not THAT far that we really can use it for FM installations.

Thats ok, I understand that, but has anyone tried for normal Doom 3 Fms (not Dark Mod ones).

I wanted to make sure I didn't need to make any changes to the Doom 3 process for the next release.

GL16x16.gifNEW 03/Sept/06 GarrettLoader 1.41 GL is a replacement for Darkloader which plays SS2, Doom 3 & Thief 3 FMs as well. With support for Half Life 1 and 2 and a lot more games as well.

GL's FM Scores System

I don't know. I don't play Doom 3 and so far no mods are released that would interest me. But there are some in the making, that I want to try for sure.

Ok, I think GL should work on those as well (if you are meaning something other than TDM ;) ).

GL's FM Scores System

• 3 weeks later...

I really appreciate the effort. :) Even though we have not much use for this right now, I definitely will take a look at it as soon as it makes sense for us. You were rather fast with this. I only suggested it at this moment, because I know a lot of community apps are taking forever to get rolled out, so I thought if I already press a bit on this, then at least it will be ready when we are ready to release, but you erwe much faster than this. :)

So I hope you are not put off because of the lack of response from us, regarding the GL, but this is not because of lack of interest, at least from me, but purely because it doesn't make to much sense for us right now.

And I also appreciate it, that you keep us updated here on our forum. :D

Gerhard

Thats ok, I have enjoyed programming GL, and taught myself a huge amount of tricks with VB, and hopefully encouraged the Thief community to start building more T3 FMs.

With regards to TDM, this is something I am really looking forward to so I will be quite happy to do any development tweaks needed to get TDM FMs running easily (hopefully there shouldn't be much needed). When you are ready with a test map or something let me know if it installs ok (I would also like to go through the install line by line in the code to make sure there are no possible pitfalls). Although I appreciate it will be a long time before you can release TDM although I would hope it wouldn't be too long before trying a test install, even if everythiing is not there.

GL's FM Scores System

• 4 months later...

Just thought I would let you know I released version 1.31 of GL on the 5th March. Its much improved and handles doom 3 maps much better now (direct loading rather than going through menus in doom 3).

There was a slight bug with it in that if the map files inside the PK4 files were in sub folders of the maps folder GL would not pick the map name up correctly to launch it directly. This should be fully fixed now.

Its also got custom game support for pretty much any game that uses the same technique of zip extraction to known places for FMs (e.g. Half Life 1 and 2, Deus Ex, etc), with the added advantage of allowing scoring, reviews, etc of each Map/FM.

I know its still too early for The Dark Mod to use it but its available should you want it now.

Edited by potterr

GL's FM Scores System

Aargh. It tells me:

"Run-time error '429':

ActiveX component can't create object"

Any idea as to what it could be?

I have Win Xp Pro, SP2, and installed into D:/Programs/GarrettLoader.

Do you have windows scripting host swicthed on?

One thing you can try is to edit GLs shortcut to have the cmd argument /debug at the end. Then start GL up. You will see the debug console which will ask you questions (you can only continue though) and you will either get an error in the database connection or when GL trys to access windows scripting host (it uses this to do the regex checks on readmes as VB itself does nto have a regex engine, but vbscript does).

more info is available http://www.ttlg.com/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=GarrettLoaderIssues

Edited by potterr

GL's FM Scores System

Thanks for the help :)

Looking now...

If you get any problems still, let me know and I am willing to have a go with netmeeting to try and see what the issue is (done it with a few other people who have had similar problems, it also helps me to understand where the issues are occuring).

GL's FM Scores System

Just to clarify, I cn't even press continue or whatever as it brings up that error message while it's loading GL debug menu thing

Interesting, the only bit in there that is between the debug window showing and the first question is the creation of the zip object.

Ok, someone else had the error recently and they mentioned that under windows XP SP2 if you changed your regional settings to be English it should resolve the issue (I am not 100% convinced by this so I have asked for more info about what specific settings need to be changed).

There is also

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

which is the MDAC consistancy checker which may find some registry inconsistancies.

This thread from experts exchange may be helpful

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programmin...Q_21382106.html

Edited by potterr

GL's FM Scores System