The Dark Mod Forums

Free sondtracks

Zerg Rush

It's not easy to get music for free. Even more difficult, though it is somewhat strange, medieval music and similar ones that fit TDM missions (FMA only has contemporany music)
Sometimes I find in various missions a really nice soundtrack (e.g. in Requiem-Beata Viscera) and a few more in some tavern by some trobadur, but this is usually limited to short 4-5 chord loops that are only irritating.

Of course, there are several sites that have music without copyright that can be downloaded, but either only for private use or paying.
That's why I searched the network and found a site that may be interesting and that allows you to download the files for free (mp3 - paid only if you want HQ and wav file)  and with CC license, that is, they only need to add the author in the credits. You can use this music also for comercial use and therefore in TDM Misions.

https://www.free-stock-music.com/search.php?keyword=medieval

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Another possibility to obtain free-to-use soundtracks is to mix it yourself, which is relatively easy with this online application, works direct in your browser. It's free (registration required) and very complete with a library of 250.000 samples. All mixes are by definition the property of their creator, who can use them freely.

https://www.audiotool.com

Tools https://www.audiotool.com/product

ZK8D4lV.png

TOS https://www.audiotool.com/terms

Any and all music, tracks, samples, pictures, graphic, comments, and other content, data or information that User uploads, stores or submits to AUDIOTOOL (hereinafter „Content“) are generated by the User, not by AUDIOTOOL. User´s Content therefore remains in User´s sole property and responsibility.

AUDIOTOOL does not claim any ownership rights in any Content deriving from User.

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Similar to Audiotool is the Crossplatform Desktop app LMMS (FOSS)

VD471OT.png

L8g4ANl.png

Sample recources

The Freesound Project is a collaborative database of Creative Commons licensed sounds. Freesound focuses only on sound, not songs. This is what sets freesound apart from other splendid libraries like ccMixter.

Vocal & A-Capella samples - some of the singers request that you contact them first, if you plan on using their voices for commercial projects.

Free Sample Packs gives links to many different sample packs, mostly royalty free.

Soundbible contains royalty free noises and sound FXs.

Fruitytuts gives a lot of samples, instruments, soundfonts and other musical resources for free.

Hyperreal has a library of classic synth and drum synth sounds.

This article on Musicradar lists tens of links to sample packs with hundreds of sound each. All royalty free.

Freepats is a project dedicated to creating a free and open set of instrument patches, in any format, that can be used with softsynths.

GeneralUser GS is a GM and GS compatible SoundFont bank for composing or playing MIDI files.

Percussion-SF @ ArachnoSoft has some nice sf2 for special percussion.

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thanks. please post this info in the music & sfx subforum. 

For new music, do it like me: download a midi file of a song you like, import it to LMMS, replace the instruments with medieval sound samples (or vst's) and export to ogg. And then in DR, combine that song with the bar ambience sounds. > instant classic playing in a full pub/inn. 😛

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!