The Dark Mod Forums

Public access to development versions

stgatilov

Changelog of 2.13 development:

dev17008-10685
* Enabled shadow features specific to maps implementation (poll).
* Auto-detect number of parallel threads to use in jobs system (6503).
* Improved parallel images loading, parallelized sounds loading, optimized EAS (6503).
* Major improvements in mission loading progress bar (6503).
* Core missions are now stored uncompressed in assets SVN (6498).
* Deleted a lot of old rendering code under useNewRenderPasses + some cleanup (6271).

dev16996-10665
* Environment mapping supports texcoord transforms on bumpmap (6500).
* Fully disabled shadows on translucent objects (6490).
* Fixed dmap making almost axis-aligned visportals buggy (6480).
* com_maxFps no longer quantizes by milliseconds on Windows 8+.
* Now Uncapped FPS and Vsync are ON by default.
* Supported Vsync control on Linux.
* Added set of prototype materials (thread).
* Fixes to Stone font to remove stray pixels (post).
* Loot candlestick no longer toggle the candle when taken.
* Optimized volumetric lights and shadows in the new Training Mission (4352).
* Fixed frob_light_holder_toggle_light on entities with both skin_lit and skin_unlit.
* Now combination lock supports non-door entities by activating them.
* Added low-poly version of hedge model (6481).
* Added tiling version of distant_cityscape_01 texture (6487).
* Added missing editor image for geometric02_red_end_HD (6492).
* Added building_facades/city_district decal material.
* Fixed rendering with "r_useScissor 0" (6349).
* Added r_lockView debug rendering cvar (thread).
* Fixed regression in polygon trace model (5887).
* Added a set of lampion light entityDefs.

• Like 3

On 3/14/2024 at 11:24 AM, datiswous said:

The installer still creates a new empty folder called "saintlucia". Could someone fix that?

You can delete or ignore it 😁

I suppose you switched to some old version where the mission was called "saintlucia" ?

dev17008-10685 is available.

Speaking of the new parallelization, it would be great to check that the new version does not get slower than the older ones 🤔
The only different there is number of threads used in jobs system. Previously it was always 2 threads, now it is (NumberOfPhysicalCores - 1). However, detection of physical cores number might be buggy --- the numbers are reported near the beginning of game console.

• Like 1

It detected my CPU core count correctly, 12 physical 24 virtual. :)  

Btw just curious but what's the reason, for the cpu core data to not be printed at the top? Next to the cpu name and features like AVX and SSE stuff. 

Not complaining, critiquing or anything, if is like that, it most be because of a good reason.  I just found it odd that's all, because I add to travel down a bit on the console before I saw the cpu core count and thought "why? when there's CPU info already at the top?". 

Edited by HMart

3 hours ago, stgatilov said:

I suppose you switched to some old version where the mission was called "saintlucia" ?

NO, the current 2.12 + installer creates that folder on a new complete install, nothing to do with old versions.

The new installer creates a folder that is not used and then the advice is to ignore it.

Edited by datiswous
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HMart said:

Btw just curious but what's the reason, for the cpu core data to not be printed at the top? Next to the cpu name and features like AVX and SSE stuff.

Right now core count is printed by job system, and features are printed by SIMD processing system.
From the implementation point, vectorization and multithreading are orthogonal...

• Like 1

The standard info above the inventory grid is ALL, but it's with black letters, so hard to see on a dark background (and usually in TDM it's Dark). If you click on it and cycle through it becomes white:

thiefsden(2024-03-2810-51-45)(449.25902_5162.25).thumb.jpg.04e70c4ccdb0e7e886a45cd366bf822c.jpgthiefsden(2024-03-2810-52-09)(449.25902_5162.25).thumb.jpg.77583dd12ee86bc1be20acabb0e0771e.jpg

Maybe just make it White by default?