The Dark Mod Forums

The Late 80s through Late 90s/Early 2000's: Best Time for Culture in Recent History?

Kurshok

22 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

Nothing to do with defocus the eyes, a autostereoscopic image need to defocos BOTH eyes to see the image. People with deficient vision (like me, my old eyes ar not what they was in the past and with this autostereoscopic images I have a hard time seeing them, not like when I was younger) or with only vision in one eye, can't see stereoscopic images

People with various vision-related disabilities too can be unable to see information integrated into autostereograms, for instance a difference in eye perception between left eye and right eye, and having implants could also prevent to do so, at least it does in my case, so to use such images in TDM to hide some information in a mission it would be best to make sure that this isn't THE critical information needed to solve an enigma, but rather something like a little clue among other clues, or something like an easter egg: it shouldn't be vital information gameplay-wise :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cecil of Cynope said:

People with various vision-related disabilities too can be unable to see information integrated into autostereograms, for instance a difference in eye perception between left eye and right eye, and having implants could also prevent to do so, at least it does in my case, so to use such images in TDM to hide some information in a mission it would be best to make sure that this isn't THE critical information needed to solve an enigma, but rather something like a little clue among other clues, or something like an easter egg: it shouldn't be vital information gameplay-wise :)

I cannot completely agree with that. I have a difference of roughly 3 dioptre (short-sighted) between my left and right eye and have no problem seeing stereograms even without glasses on (I just tested it, just to be sure). It may depend on the way to look at them, however. I usually focus on a point behind the picture. I can also do the "cross eayed" way, but I find it is much more strenuous and only resort to it, if the images are too far apart (e.g. 3D videos that you can find that actually have two visible pictures side by side).

It's always a matter of how much your difference between left and right eye is ;) 

If someone has a marked difference in dioptry between each eye, such as, say, a 50% difference, it can ruin some optical effects, for instance there are 3D rendering systems that don't work with me, and also some optical illusions, so it seems that as long as someone as only a slight difference, autostereoscopy works, but past a certain point it doesn't. :)

That is what I wanted to say: 3 dioptre difference is no slight difference. My right eye is more or less blind, while my left is much better (relatively speaking). For stereograms, the main reason that I can solve them is that they are supposed to be close to the eye. My right eye can see up to roughly 20 cm clearly, while the left eye can see up to 1 or 2 meters. So, if the stereogram remains in a close range, it is no problem for me. Anything farther than that will be a challenge or require glasses. So it is rather the distance up to which you can see with both eyes than the difference between the two (although related). As another example 3D movies with the screen several meters away are not be possible for me without glasses. Actually, the first time I got glasses was very much like putting on 3D glasses in a movie. The first time I saw a tree in 3D was very impressive for me 😅

Oh, so you too have a marked difference, with a right eye almost blind while the left one is "better" 😲

I have the same problem than you, but as I suck with math & applied maths specifically about optometry I thought that a 3 dioptry difference wasn't that big, as in my mind it was a difference between for instance having a 10/10 on the left eye and a 7/10 on the right eye. In English eye measures are counted on a /20 base IIRC, but I don't know it works.🤨

Anyway, I'll send you a private message with information that may be useful to you regarding eye surgery 😉

It's not for dioptrins, for this exists glasses, is that with age it becomes increasingly difficult to focus on things quickly. I can see these autostereograms, but it takes me a lot until I distinguish something.
It is also difficult for me on some clues, written in very small letters. This often causes my nose prints on the screen.

My head runs fine and fast, but my body is already pretty dented and rusty, and things that require certain visual skills don't work that well anymore either.

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉