The Dark Mod Forums

(Linux) Keyboard shortcuts not working in certain window layouts

So if I use one of these 3 Window layouts (some of) the keyboard shortcuts don't work:

Floating, Regular and Regular left

I especially tested keys Ctrl-Z and Esc. With other layouts they work fine.

This btw. has nothing to do with the shortcuts not showing up in the menu's, because the keyboard shortcuts themself do normally work.

Also, I don't really have a big issue with it, because I use Splitpane as window layout. I just report this issue.

I use Darkradiant 2.11.0 amd64 on Manjaro Linux (based on Arch linux). So I build it from source.

Edited by datiswous
shorter title

I'm aware of this issue. Unfortunately the Floating layout is basically broken in Linux because the ESC key never makes it to the window. I poked around a bit but couldn't find an obvious fix.

With the next version you can use the wxAUI-based Dockable layout which does not have this problem, and should effectively make obsolete the hacky Floating layout as well as several of the default embedded layouts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2021 at 1:26 PM, OrbWeaver said:

With the next version you can use the wxAUI-based Dockable layout

Can you have more XY views as dockable windows? I try to do that (in DR 2.12), but when I choose "New XY view" I get an undockable window.

Btw. if the camera dockable window is placed outside of the main window (I thought this is nice to have on a second monitor), the keyboard doesn't work in that area. So I guess I can't use it that way. Strange enough the Properties dockable window does allow keyboard control for moving through the list of textures.

Edited by datiswous

• datiswous changed the title to (Linux) Keyboard shortcuts not working in certain window layouts
  • 4 months later...

Yesterday I updated DR from source. So that's 2.13 +++ (production).

Now the keyboard shortcuts also don't work under Window layout SplitPane. In my previous 2.12 +++ build, SplitPane layout worked fine with the keyboard shortcuts.

Probably unrelated other things I noticed:

Spoiler

Another bug I found is that if you go to edit -> Keyboard shortcuts and press button Reset to default , DR crashes.

Edit: When I start DR in a terminal I get the following warning message:

21:14:55: Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1014,wx containers,compatible with 2.8),
and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1016,wx containers,compatible with 2.8).

Edit: I started using the wxAUI-based Dockable layout and I think it will be an improvement in the long run. I just have to get used to using CtrL + TAB to switch to the different viewpoints instead of having them all on the screen at the same time.

Edited by datiswous